+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 20mph online petition

International

Re: 20mph online petition

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Reverse gear for you at 20mph it's been great for weeks good old Mark

Still, you got there in the end with a bit of common sense, just one lefty left
    It's a good point, I might try and reverse to work tomorrow, it might be more stimulating and easier to keep under 20mph.

Reverse gear? I’ve said on this thread that it doesn’t really bother me and that it’s quite amusing witnessing the antics of the ‘Mr Angrys’. I’ve said that I’ve got other more important things to get on with. The reverse gear that the Tory leader is using is certainly exceeding 20mph though, no surprise there though

Quote Originally Posted by HiVis View Post
    If I am hit by a bus at 20mph I'm dead.

Your post is a crock of shit.
    Your lyrics are a crock of shit.

This is better.

And if a double-decker bus
    Crashes into us
    To die by your side
    Is such a heavenly way to die

It's a good point, I might try and reverse to work tomorrow, it might be more stimulating and easier to keep under 20mph.
    You’re answering yourself

Am I the remaining lefty ?
    Didn't know it was a political thing especially given that the proposal was widely supported by the 3 main parties.
    ARTD is only getting involved as he's seen it as a way of political point scoring against Mark Drakeford.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Am I the remaining lefty ?
    Didn't know it was a political thing especially given that the proposal was widely supported by the 3 main parties.
    ARTD is only getting involved as he's seen it as a way of political point scoring against Mark Drakeford.
    ARTD is a big turd in the Tory swamp

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    ARTD is a big turd in the Tory swamp
    He's a sweating red faced farmer

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Ah, the old forgot to log out to agree with myself error!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I fear for the state of your car if you're doing 20 in 4th.

Go back to your physics teacher.
    Mine, which is a 1.6, seems to be happiest at 22mph in 3rd so that's what I'm using. What's 2mph between friends? I could definitely do 20mph in 4th so long as I was going downhill. On the flat, not so much

The petition is completely irrelevant. It's votes in the ballot box that count. Nothing is going to change unless there is some indication that a lot of Labour MSs will lose their seats at the next Senedd elections.

I'd stick with the 20 if Drippy retired instead, but signed again.
    Have people stopped listening to Tufty?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    The petition is completely irrelevant. It's votes in the ballot box that count. Nothing is going to change unless there is some indication that a lot of Labour MSs will lose their seats at the next Senedd elections.
    I wonder if Lynn Global miscalculated this one

Lobby Plaid Cymru to stand up to the 20mph limit then. They're the only party that could affect Labour.

Its hardly causing a nightmare.

Don't know what the fuss is.

I've been looking again at the Welsh Government's own spreadsheets on accident data from 2021 and 2022. Feel free to download them from https://statswales.gov.wales/Catalog...ent-Level-Data

2022 - number of accidents on 30mph roads across Wales that resulted in fatalities or serious accidents - 2.
    2021 - number of accidents on 30mph roads across Wales that resulted in fatalities or serious accidents - 3.
    2020 - lockdown
    2019 - number of accidents on 30mph roads across Wales that resulted in fatalities or serious accidents - 2.
    2018 - number of accidents on 30mph roads across Wales that resulted in fatalities or serious accidents - 2.

I haven't researched them all, but one accident in 2022 was in the Gower where a car drove into a petrol station where, I'm pretty sure, a reduction in speed wouldn't have made any difference.

Lobby Plaid Cymru to stand up to the 20mph limit then. They're the only party that could affect Labour.
    I don't want that lot in , I hope labour themselves row back

Since 2018 there have been 14 accidents on 30mph speed limit roads that have resulted in fatalities or serious injury. Oddly, 5 of those were in 2020 when we were in Covid lockdown. 2 of those 14 accidents occured during working hours, Mon-Fri between 9-5. 9 of the 14 accidents occured after 9pm and before 6pm, when it is dark.

I've been looking again at the Welsh Government's own spreadsheets on accident data from 2021 and 2022. Feel free to download them from https://statswales.gov.wales/Catalog...ent-Level-Data

2022 - number of accidents on 30mph roads across Wales that resulted in fatalities or serious accidents - 2.
    2021 - number of accidents on 30mph roads across Wales that resulted in fatalities or serious accidents - 3.
    2020 - lockdown
    2019 - number of accidents on 30mph roads across Wales that resulted in fatalities or serious accidents - 2.
    2018 - number of accidents on 30mph roads across Wales that resulted in fatalities or serious accidents - 2.

I haven't researched them all, but one accident in 2022 was in the Gower where a car drove into a petrol station where, I'm pretty sure, a reduction in speed wouldn't have made any difference.
    that data seems completely at odds with this data I've found , also from the Welsh government...

which is correct?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...UMTc296MCFc8U1

Screenshot_2023-09-19-23-47-25-099_com.mi.globalbrowser-edit.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I don't want that lot in , I hope labour themselves row back
    I asked yesterday who would prosper from this policy. It’s not PC as they support it. It won’t be the Tories because they are toxic. It will be a non story in 2 weeks thank God.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I asked yesterday who would prosper from this policy. It’s not PC as they support it. It won’t be the Tories because they are toxic. It will be a non story in 2 weeks thank God.
    I hope so but I think it's a daft policy and just gives the Tories a foot in the door

International

Yes whats wrong with that I thought my joke about your back peddling was a good idea,as the roads are so slow?

International

That is going to happen, there will be a political backlash, I'm not saying it will change the landscape because Wales will always vote labour in but some will lose seats and majorities will reduce, and maybe Plaid will be the man benefactor, they should definitely say they will change it back in their manifesto.

International

I hadn't read that but yes spot on, that could really hurt Labour, and it's what Dripy deserves.

International

Reverse gear? I’ve said on this thread that it doesn’t really bother me and that it’s quite amusing witnessing the antics of the ‘Mr Angrys’. I’ve said that I’ve got other more important things to get on with. The reverse gear that the Tory leader is using is certainly exceeding 20mph though, no surprise there though
    It doesn't bother you yes and previously you've said the same, now you're saying they should change some back, so back peddling once you finally realise it's nonsense and you are virtually on your own backing Dripy's crackpot idea.

With an added bit of deflection then, we can all see through that

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I hope so but I think it's a daft policy and just gives the Tories a foot in the door
    Rare I say this to you on anything remotely political but, correct Sludge, doesn't try and defend the indefensible, if it's labour being absolutely stupid for the sake of it call them out for it .