Is Ugbo doing enough to be starting

Jury is still out for me

International

Re: Is Ugbo doing enough to be starting

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Jury is still out for me
    Who would you start ahead?

Before last night has looked quite clinical.

Links play quite well and has a good touch in general.

Seems to job share with Meite. Think between them they will end up with a decent goal tally if we can keep attacking the wings and putting in some decent crosses like last night.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Before last night has looked quite clinical.

Links play quite well and has a good touch in general.

Seems to job share with Meite. Think between them they will end up with a decent goal tally if we can keep attacking the wings and putting in some decent crosses like last night.
    One chance he had from a cross from his right, just went wide he cut inside the centre half it was good positioning I think if that had gone in he would have had more confidence, there was another brilliant cross from his right from NG he was just a bit slow on that one, but seemed to be making the right runs. Not his best day, but he's due a goal and is still working hard.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Meite for me

He seemed a bit lost last night with his positioning and also a little lethargic.

Meite should play through the middle for me, especially so with Bowler and Tanner being able to play out right and hopefully an improving Grant and fit O’Dowda out left with Collins cementing his place at left back.

Jury is still out for me
    No - basically. Either lacking in confidence or just not up to it. The times when I watched him last night - was as if he couldnt be bothered to chase anything. Then when he did have some chances he fluffed them.

Meite (who I didnt rate at all till Swansea) should start ahead of him. I would start Calum Patersopn ahead of Ugbo at the moment

International

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    No - basically. Either lacking in confidence or just not up to it. The times when I watched him last night - was as if he couldnt be bothered to chase anything. Then when he did have some chances he fluffed them.

Meite (who I didnt rate at all till Swansea) should start ahead of him. I would start Calum Patersopn ahead of Ugbo at the moment
    King Bulut will know, whatever he decides will be right!

He's gone off the boil, but scored three quick goals early on so seemed to know where the net was. I think he probably will start with Meite up top on Sunday unless there are a few forward wide players still out, Grant and Tanner looked like they were battered by the end of the game, so I think there will be four or five changes, so e may have to play where he's needed.

I still prefer tanner to come on for the last 25 and make more of an impact. Went off limping last night, s may not even make Sunday

For me Meite by far the more complete team player, but Ugbo is the one getting the goals right now and that's the main thing you will judge them on. If Meite can put a couple away and get some confidence back in front of goal, there's prior evidence he can be a very good striker at this level. Ugbo probably more of an impact sub if we want to be around the playoffs.

One chance he had from a cross from his right, just went wide he cut inside the centre half it was good positioning I think if that had gone in he would have had more confidence, there was another brilliant cross from his right from NG he was just a bit slow on that one, but seemed to be making the right runs. Not his best day, but he's due a goal and is still working hard.
    Think that first one was a very difficult chance and as you note he did well to get the space from the defender and get on the end of it.. just went the wrong side of the post. His movement in the box is good, but IMO elsewhere it's a clear drop off to what Tanner, Bowler or Grant offer out wide or what Meite offers as a target forward in terms of overall team build up play.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Meite for me
    Me too. Particularly when Bowler and O'Dowda are back

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    I thought he was our weakest link last night, he should have scored at least one of those chances
    He doesn’t do enough for me, and come Sunday should be back on the bench

Do your job and keep the shirt, on last nights performance Etete should start ahead of him

Etete, Robinson....anyone, really.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    I think Grant would be worth trying up front too when our wingers are back from injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    I think Grant would be worth trying up front too when our wingers are back from injury.
    We will have some real strength in depth in this squad when both wingers are back
    Proper competition for places all over the park, it can only lead to higher standards in performance.

A couple of transfer windows with Bulut being backed and it’s going to be exciting times ahead

Jury is still out for me
    Meite for me, or Robinson. Ugbo is to lightweight to play as our main striker. He had several chances in the first half, from where I was sat in the ground level with the Coventry penalty area, that Moore would have buried.

Those whipped in crosses that flashed across the six yard box were tailor made for a poacher, just needed a touch. It’s all about having the awareness of a natural finisher. Is there one at the club? Oh for a Chopra, McCormack or Earnie, they’d have had a field day with that service in the first half last night. So frustrating, not just for the creator of the chances but for us in the crowd as well. We could have buried Coventry in the first 30 odd minutes.

I thought Etete did well when he came on

Looked tired last night but probably because he does more work than Grant and Meite put together usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Looked tired last night but probably because he does more work than Grant and Meite put together usually.
    He definitely works hard and makes room for other players. However, we seem to have had our fair share of similar forwards who don't actually score too many goals themselves. We shouldn't be writing off Ugbo, especially since he scored a couple early on. But he needs to get on the score sheet soon if he wants to keep his place.

If we are playing one up front…then Meite or Etete for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I thought Etete did well when he came on
    I thought he looked f*cked after about two minutes. Took his goal well, perhaps could have battled on when cynically fouled but he doesn’t do enough for me, especially when coming on fresh legged. I’ll say it again though, well taken goal.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Those whipped in crosses that flashed across the six yard box were tailor made for a poacher, just needed a touch. It’s all about having the awareness of a natural finisher. Is there one at the club? Oh for a Chopra, McCormack or Earnie, they’d have had a field day with that service in the first half last night. So frustrating, not just for the creator of the chances but for us in the crowd as well. We could have buried Coventry in the first 30 odd minutes.

Someone will need to explain to me why he is better than Harris because I can't see it.

Not quick, but not slow, not strong but not weak, not great in the air, good work ethic but not as much as Harris

He just has much better player around him than Harris ever did.

Not saying Harris was ever the answer, he obviously wasn't, but we definitely need and out and out "9" to complement the plethora of inside forwards, wingers and attacking midfeilders we have.