+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New Signing

New Signing

Re: New Signing

Played for the U21s last night against the Jacks

My sources tell me he is lightning quick for a centre back and is very good buddies with Ettete. At 21 you'd hope he's got a reasonable shout at progressing to the first team squad fairly quickly but who knows.

Bulut was asked about him today -
    "I think our guys in the academy and under-21s made a good job to sign this player. We are close with the under-21s coaches, so if he is on that level we will keep an eye on him."

seem as though he almost went to Swindon on loan in January, but the paperwork wasn't completed in time

The U21's weakness this season has been at centre back. Cook is taking time to settle, Denham is out on loan, Benjamin is not tall enough (I presume he is currently injured), Lawlor has quality but is still an U18 and Luey Giles is a left back being forced to fill in at centre back. So it should be a good signing in terms of strengthening the U21's.

I have no idea of his any good though. But unlike the other punts at this level he won't be blocking one of our locally produced youngsters development.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    The U21's weakness this season has been at centre back. Cook is taking time to settle, Denham is out on loan, Benjamin is not tall enough (I presume he is currently injured), Lawlor has quality but is still an U18 and Luey Giles is a left back being forced to fill in at centre back. So it should be a good signing in terms of strengthening the U21's.

I have no idea of his any good though. But unlike the other punts at this level he won't be blocking one of our locally produced youngsters development.
    Agree with this. I watch a lot of u21 games.

After the Colwills, Davies, Evans etc made the jump I thought the U21's would struggle for goals - but in actual fact, we have some decent players in an attacking sense and it has been the central defence that has been an issue due to injuries and a few players leaving. We lacked some experience and pace at central defence and it has been a big ask for u17s to come in and fill that role.

So this signing makes perfect sense.