Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus_Mills View Post
The next Senedd vote is going to use proportional representation? In which case I would vote Green.
Yeah, they're getting rid of first past the post. 16 constituencies electing 6 members per constituency using the D'Hondt method (votes divided until all 6 seats are filled). Fun fun fun.

Good they're getting rid of first past the post, shame they're not bringing in STV. I'll be voting *redacted* as ever and don't think the 20mph will have much of a bearing on the next Senedd election. People will be used to it by then and we'll likely be about 18 months into a UK Labour government, how they perform will likely have a far larger impact on the Senedd than 20mph. Historically Plaid benefit from UK Labour governments, I think it'll probably be the same in 2026 especially with Labour having lost Drakeford (no matter what some on this board say, he is popular in Wales) and replaced him with a far less likeable leader

Off topic but my guess would be Labour largest party, Plaid 2nd, Tories 3rd and for the Lib Dems to pick up a few more seats in mid/west Wales thanks to PR, Greens maybe to get 1 or 2, Reform (or whatever they're called these days) to flop the way Abolish did. Labour/Lib Dem coalition from 2026.