+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Who would you be voting for?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Labour

12 37.50%
  • Plaid Cymru

7 21.88%
  • Conservatives

5 15.63%
  • Lib Dems

1 3.13%
  • Independents

3 9.38%
  • Other

4 12.50%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If there was a Senedd election tomorrow how would you vote?

Re: If there was a Senedd election tomorrow how would you vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus_Mills View Post
    The next Senedd vote is going to use proportional representation? In which case I would vote Green.
    Yeah, they're getting rid of first past the post. 16 constituencies electing 6 members per constituency using the D'Hondt method (votes divided until all 6 seats are filled). Fun fun fun.

Good they're getting rid of first past the post, shame they're not bringing in STV. I'll be voting *redacted* as ever and don't think the 20mph will have much of a bearing on the next Senedd election. People will be used to it by then and we'll likely be about 18 months into a UK Labour government, how they perform will likely have a far larger impact on the Senedd than 20mph. Historically Plaid benefit from UK Labour governments, I think it'll probably be the same in 2026 especially with Labour having lost Drakeford (no matter what some on this board say, he is popular in Wales) and replaced him with a far less likeable leader

Off topic but my guess would be Labour largest party, Plaid 2nd, Tories 3rd and for the Lib Dems to pick up a few more seats in mid/west Wales thanks to PR, Greens maybe to get 1 or 2, Reform (or whatever they're called these days) to flop the way Abolish did. Labour/Lib Dem coalition from 2026.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    I would have to vote Labour for Bridgend, for one reason, we currently have a Tory holding the seat by a small majority.
    Not in the Senedd, Sarah Murphy (Labour) is your MS

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Not in the Senedd, Sarah Murphy (Labour) is your MS
    apologies did not read the post properly

International

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Yeah, they're getting rid of first past the post. 16 constituencies electing 6 members per constituency using the D'Hondt method (votes divided until all 6 seats are filled). Fun fun fun.

Good they're getting rid of first past the post, shame they're not bringing in STV. I'll be voting *redacted* as ever and don't think the 20mph will have much of a bearing on the next Senedd election. People will be used to it by then and we'll likely be about 18 months into a UK Labour government, how they perform will likely have a far larger impact on the Senedd than 20mph. Historically Plaid benefit from UK Labour governments, I think it'll probably be the same in 2026 especially with Labour having lost Drakeford (no matter what some on this board say, he is popular in Wales) and replaced him with a far less likeable leader

Off topic but my guess would be Labour largest party, Plaid 2nd, Tories 3rd and for the Lib Dems to pick up a few more seats in mid/west Wales thanks to PR, Greens maybe to get 1 or 2, Reform (or whatever they're called these days) to flop the way Abolish did. Labour/Lib Dem coalition from 2026.
    Labour having lost Drakeford, he is popular in Wales Funniest post ever

replaced him with a far less likeable leader (impossible) You're hilarious

The 20 mph was in the manifesto so is part of the programme for government so people will have known it's coming

Also I am sure I saw somewhere that only 4 of all politicians voted against or abstained from the vote for the 20 mph

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    The 20 mph was in the manifesto so is part of the programme for government so people will have known it's coming

Also I am sure I saw somewhere that only 4 of all politicians voted against or abstained from the vote for the 20 mph
    I dont know how true that is but I wouldn't be surprised. Of course they disagree with it now though. They'll flow whichever way the wind is blowing.

I’d vote Tory at the moment, especially with the latest pushback by the PM

Conservatives doing conservative things

I vote anti tory locally and nationally

I want drakeford and several of his clowns out though so I vote Labour hoping the tories get a leathering but we get a decent Welsh Labour leader

If the assembly was liberal and being challenged by the Tories and voting Liberal would keep the Tories out then I would vote liberal

My anti tory voting intention is stronger than my support of the opposition parties

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I’d vote Tory at the moment, especially with the latest pushback by the PM

Conservatives doing conservative things
    He's trying to save his party

They are not doing it because they love everyone

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I could have, but that would have played into those on here who can't move beyond tribal politics and Disney style goodies and baddies.

I've voted Labour way more than I ever have Conservative
    I don't believe you

I would have to vote Labour for Bridgend, for one reason, we currently have a Tory holding the seat by a small majority.
    He's an idiot

If anyone in Bridgend votes for him after his performances they are an idiot too

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I saw a tweet yesterday which suggested that support for the 20mph limits was strongest among Labour supporters and least popular with Tory voters.

I think Labour's vote would be hit by this but Wales has two issues that would override this:

Plaid still has the dogma of nationalism,
    Any threat that Andrew Davies and the Tories could take over would be snuffed out straight away. The public would rather 20mph than the Conservatives.
    I would rather suffocate than the Tories

Dunno. Tory in Wales atm probably and I often use the regional vote for a slightly more obscure party.

I have nothing ideologically against Conservatives, Labour or Lib Dems. I do have an ideological issue with Plaid as I fundementally disagree with their raison d'etre.

Within that context I'll vote on the individual (particular in local elections) or a variety of other principles. For example, no way would I have voted Lib Dems after Brexit as they wanted to overturn the vote etc.

One thing I do believe strongly is that sensible, balanced and successful countries tend to switch between centre left and centre right every 10 years or so. That means that a change may be due in Westminster but it means a change most definitely is due in Wales.

The whole eco system of governance in Wales is too tied to the Labour party and it's not to our benefit, IMO.

It surely can't carry on forever can it?

That said, I had no real issue with Carwyn Jones and if there is a Labour govt in Westminster it may be beneficial to have one here also.

But I don't want what is effectively a one-party state, so I would vote to see change in Wales and endorse any party before Labour atm.
    Ladies And Gentlemen

This has been a political broadcast on behalf of the raving and rabid Alan Bastard Tory Party

We know we ain't fooling any of you

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He's trying to save his party

They are not doing it because they love everyone
    They are doing it because it’s not achievable or affordable to the majority, many have been saying this for years.

If people were that passionate they would boycott Chinese goods which are made from power stations etc

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    They are doing it because it’s not achievable or affordable to the majority, many have been saying this for years.

If people were that passionate they would boycott Chinese goods which are made from power stations etc
    I agree on the practical side but he wants votes

And he's not getting mine

I'd not vote, but picked other just to see the trend.

Anyone who is still a Tory has no interest in this country. They don’t even believe in government any more.
    Last edited by Dave Blue; 21-09-23 at 21:24. Reason: Misread

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    I'd not vote, but picked other just to see the trend.
    By not voting you could be letting the tories in via the back door , especially in your constituency

None of the above is a protest I suppose but a feeble one if the Tories get back in because people can't be bothered

It's lame

Ladies And Gentlemen

This has been a political broadcast on behalf of the raving and rabid Alan Bastard Tory Party

We know we ain't fooling any of you
    You are the man who says writes posts about Tories being killed and how they should be scared.

We live in the poorest part of the UK and have done for decades but you personally are doing okay. It's the same for most people who talk about politics the way you do. The idea you care about poorer people is not backed up by evidence.

Disagreeing with you and a few others on here is a deep honour, Sludge!

You are the man who says writes posts about Tories being killed and how they should be scared.

We live in the poorest part of the UK and have done for decades but you personally are doing okay. It's the same for most people who talk about politics the way you do. The idea you care about poorer people is not backed up by evidence.

Disagreeing with you and a few others on here is a deep honour, Sludge!
    Please defer from the utter nonsense saying I want Tories to feel scared

You have done that before and it's disingenuous bull

It's laughable for a tory like you who without doubt is comfortable thank you very much to try and play Queensbury rules as your lot are the worst

I sincerely hope the conservatives are routed at the next election and hopefully you will put a sock in your sycophantic and nauseating defence of the tossers

It's laughable for a tory like you who without doubt is comfortable thank you very much to try and play Queensbury rules as your lot are the worst

I sincerely hope the conservatives are routed at the next election and hopefully you will put a sock in your sycophantic and nauseating defence of the tossers
    Oh get you sticking your chest out and acting the tough guy. If you can’t accept that people may just have a different opinion than yourself and if they dare to do so you want to make them feel scared.
    Bit of a bully is it Paul ?
    You are just full of hot air, a legend in your own ego it seems.
    Heyho but I don’t think anyone is scared of you, other than old grannies and any single women

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Oh get you sticking your chest out and acting the tough guy. If you can’t accept that people may just have a different opinion than yourself and if they dare to do so you want to make them feel scared.
    Bit of a bully is it Paul ?
    You are just full of hot air, a legend in your own ego it seems.
    Heyho but I don’t think anyone is scared of you, other than old grannies and any single women
    You are doing it too you clown

You love getting down on the lefties

So have it back Steve or whatever your name is

Do you want my address too ?

You absolutely did say Sludge. And more. Maybe you were or weren't serious, who knows. But you did say it.

You absolutely did say Sludge. And more. Maybe you were or weren't serious, who knows. But you did say it.
    Absolute bullshit . And you venomously tried to suggest I was of the type that threatens MPs and Jo Cox type attacks .

Who knows ? Get out of here u little snake

I absolutely can't stand Tories though , you can quote me on that

Absolute bullshit . And you venomously tried to suggest I was of the type that threatens MPs and Jo Cox type attacks .

Who knows ? Get out of here u little snake

I absolutely can't stand Tories though , you can quote me on that
    Can't find the exact wording (but it's out there..) but below are a couple of quick examples:

Do I think you are the type to attack MPs like Joe Cox or David Amiss? I very much doubt it. But I think people like that are influenced by the kind of people who regularly post poison and dehumanising content online. The same way as endlessly calling Muslims or Jews or gay people poison or scum or implying they should be shot.

It's vile and has been for a long time and you should find much better ways or making your points

There are loads more examples like below. You do it a lot and whilst much can be taken with a pinch of salt, some of it can't.

Three quick examples of things you have said from two threads:

""James is a Tory voter. I would shoot him if it were legal"

"They are vermin like rats and if I found out anyone in my family or group of friends was a tory I would beat it out of them and bury them under the patio"

Page 6
    https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...l-Tories/page6

"Nadine Dorries - she needs shooting"

Page 1
    https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...a-7-pound-note