+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Who would you be voting for?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Labour

12 37.50%
  • Plaid Cymru

7 21.88%
  • Conservatives

5 15.63%
  • Lib Dems

1 3.13%
  • Independents

3 9.38%
  • Other

4 12.50%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If there was a Senedd election tomorrow how would you vote?

If there was a Senedd election tomorrow how would you vote?

With all the heightened hysteria of the 20mph policy I was wondering if an election was held tomorrow if it would effect the electoral landscape. Whether Labour support is just as strong, Labour support switching to an alternative such as Plaid Cymru or whether the Conservatives/Lib Dems would gain any significant support from Labour.

I'm not sure if I can or if moderators could turn off comments to avoid the unnecessary and inevitable slanging match.

2021 election results with total seats and % of constituency

Labour 30 - 40%
    Conservatives 16 - 26%
    Plaid Cymru 13 - 20%
    Lib Dems 1 - 5%

Re: If there was a Senedd election tomorrow how would you vote?

Secretly.

By post

A binary option of yes or no based on the 20 mph limit would be repeating history of the Brexit vote and look where that's got us

I am not against the 20 mph limit in residential and school areas what I am against is the dickhead motorists that since Sunday have decided to drive 20 mph in 30 and 40 zones regardless of the road signs - regardless of policies and law dickheads will be dickheads - there is no cure for stupid

For what it's worth I won't vote Tory but I will wait to see what the other parties have to say on things that matter to me if they ever bother to turn up and canvass anymore - if they don't then I will do my research and vote accordingly

I saw a tweet yesterday which suggested that support for the 20mph limits was strongest among Labour supporters and least popular with Tory voters.

I think Labour's vote would be hit by this but Wales has two issues that would override this:

Plaid still has the dogma of nationalism,
    Any threat that Andrew Davies and the Tories could take over would be snuffed out straight away. The public would rather 20mph than the Conservatives.

Not plaid or labour. Labour eventually want us out of private cars and also talk of charging by the mile. Fuel costs enough as it is

I would only vote to make sure a Tory politian didnt get in so it would be tactical. Same as at the election.

The likelihood is I wouldnt vote at all which has been the case at every Senedd election. I dont think any of them are worth the time in voting for.

I hope the Tories never get in though. So I would get out if it was to help stop them.

I'd probably vote for a party that wasn't mentioned in the poll, but I'd also definitely vote tactically if needed to try to keep a tory out.

so on the basis of this poll, a big swing against the Tories.

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    Not plaid or labour. Labour eventually want us out of private cars and also talk of charging by the mile. Fuel costs enough as it is
    where have labour said this?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Nowhere, they literally make stuff up in their heads and froth at the mouth at it.

They havent obviously.

so on the basis of this poll, a big swing against the Tories.
    More are against labour though

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    More are against labour though
    labour has gone from 40% to 37.5%

Tories from 26% to 16%

plaid and lib dem unaffected

obviously I am aware that this poll on a football website isn't representative of anything

Dunno. Tory in Wales atm probably and I often use the regional vote for a slightly more obscure party.

I have nothing ideologically against Conservatives, Labour or Lib Dems. I do have an ideological issue with Plaid as I fundementally disagree with their raison d'etre.

Within that context I'll vote on the individual (particular in local elections) or a variety of other principles. For example, no way would I have voted Lib Dems after Brexit as they wanted to overturn the vote etc.

One thing I do believe strongly is that sensible, balanced and successful countries tend to switch between centre left and centre right every 10 years or so. That means that a change may be due in Westminster but it means a change most definitely is due in Wales.

The whole eco system of governance in Wales is too tied to the Labour party and it's not to our benefit, IMO.

It surely can't carry on forever can it?

That said, I had no real issue with Carwyn Jones and if there is a Labour govt in Westminster it may be beneficial to have one here also.

But I don't want what is effectively a one-party state, so I would vote to see change in Wales and endorse any party before Labour atm.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Dunno. Tory in Wales atm probably and I often use the regional vote for a slightly more obscure party.

I have nothing ideologically against Conservatives, Labour or Lib Dems. I do have an ideological issue with Plaid as I fundementally disagree with their raison d'etre.

Within that context I'll vote on the individual (particular in local elections) or a variety of other principles. For example, no way would I have voted Lib Dems after Brexit as they wanted to overturn the vote etc.

One thing I do believe strongly is that sensible, balanced and successful countries tend to switch between centre left and centre right every 10 years or so. That means that a change may be due in Westminster but it means a change most definitely is due in Wales.

The whole eco system of governance in Wales is too tied to the Labour party and it's not to our benefit, IMO.

That said, I had no real issue with Carwyn Jones and if there is a Labour govt in Westminster it may be beneficial to have one here also.

But I don't want what is effectively a one-party state, so I would vote to see change in Wales and endorse any party before Labour atm.
    You could have saved yourself a lot of time by writing 'Tory'.

And even more time by not posting at all, as we already know

Anyone voting for Arty should be locked up and declared clinically insane.🤣

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

This came as a surprise.
    It'd depend on what their plan and pledges are for me. More often than not I've voted for other parties in the senedd elections but would vote for labour if I thought they seemed the better option.

International

This board is 99.7% Lefties anything less than that will mean there has been a massive move away from Labour, and people are strongly against the 20mph

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    This board is 99.7% Lefties anything less than that will mean there has been a massive move away from Labour, and people are strongly against the 20mph
    If this board is 99.7% Lefties then all the rabid Tory posters that dominate most threads must be one hyperactive multi.

There’s a thought. Cyril is right again!

The next Senedd vote is going to use proportional representation? In which case I would vote Green.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    If this board is 99.7% Lefties then all the rabid Tory posters that dominate most threads must be one hyperactive multi.

There’s a thought. Cyril is right again!
    Rabid Tories 😂

I would have to vote Labour for Bridgend, for one reason, we currently have a Tory holding the seat by a small majority.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

I could have, but that would have played into those on here who can't move beyond tribal politics and Disney style goodies and baddies.

I've voted Labour way more than I ever have Conservative