+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gary Madine dodges jail

Gary Madine dodges jail

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/24035...source=Twitter

He doesn't seem to be a very nice character.

Re: Gary Madine dodges jail

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/24035...source=Twitter

He doesn't seem to be a very nice character.
    ‘I suspect you made off from the police because you didn't want to be breathalysed but I disregard that, the circumstances of this are bad enough.’

‘ I'm impressed with the pre-sentence report and character references and the letter you have written yourself. ’

I know that the Government are trying to reduce the numbers in prison but the Recorder on this case doesn’t sound too bright :-/

He had no previous driving convictions, so this incident was obviously out of character in that respect. He is also obviously a troubled character with other problems in the past and is going through a difficult time personally now as well. If you actually read what the recorder said, you would have noted that he didn't exactly get off scott free now either. The above comments are obviously biased because you didn't like him as a footballer or some of the things he has done in the past, which had absolutely nothing to do with the circumstances of this case. I would have thought that he deserves a bit more sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    He had no previous driving convictions, so this incident was obviously out of character in that respect. He is also obviously a troubled character with other problems in the past and is going through a difficult time personally now as well. If you actually read what the recorder said, you would have noted that he didn't exactly get off scott free now either. The above comments are obviously biased because you didn't like him as a footballer or some of the things he has done in the past, which had absolutely nothing to do with the circumstances of this case. I would have thought that he deserves a bit more sympathy.
    ……and yet has ‘previous convictions for violence’.

Yes, he is clearly a reformed character……

Great post btw.

I wouldn't be sympathetic if it was my car that he'd written off while trying to drive away from the police
    We all have tough times, it shouldn't be a free pass

Still can’t believe he dodged a red for stamping on Ng

Sympathy for "2023 has been a difficult year for him, his relationship of some years ending and he suffered a serious injury which led to nine months of rehabilitation and not being able to perform the job he has done for many years. He was feeling very low in April" may be, but that doesn't excuse his behaviour on the night in question.

F**k him. If it was you or I we would have had the book thrown at us. F**k him

How did he manage to run away from the police 3 weeks after his ACL injury?

International

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Sympathy for "2023 has been a difficult year for him, his relationship of some years ending and he suffered a serious injury which led to nine months of rehabilitation and not being able to perform the job he has done for many years. He was feeling very low in April" may be, but that doesn't excuse his behaviour on the night in question.
    "not able to perform the job he has done for years"..... or in some cases failed to do. And he was still on full pay as he wallowed in the self pity of getting money for nothing. best treatment and rehab available and nothing to do all day than go out and pay someone to fight him. It's a hard life.

Did I say that it did excuse his behaviour ? It is obvious however that people are having a go at him just because they don’t like him as a footballer or because of what he has done in the past. He has apparently never had a driving conviction before and whilst he shouldn't have done what he did this time, the other stuff is irrelevent.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    "not able to perform the job he has done for years"..... or in some cases failed to do. And he was still on full pay as he wallowed in the self pity of getting money for nothing. best treatment and rehab available and nothing to do all day than go out and pay someone to fight him. It's a hard life.
    How much was he earning at Blackpool ? Plus he was released by them anyway at the end of last season. And any footballer who is under contract is entitled to have treatment for injury at his parent club - its not his fault he is injured and unable to play. The club is contracted to pay him. Apparently, according to you, any worker who gets injured in the course of his job should have his pay stopped !

Did I say that it did excuse his behaviour ? It is obvious however that people are having a go at him just because they don’t like him as a footballer or because of what he has done in the past. He has apparently never had a driving conviction before and whilst he shouldn't have done what he did this time, the other stuff is irrelevent.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    ‘I suspect you made off from the police because you didn't want to be breathalysed but I disregard that, the circumstances of this are bad enough.’

‘ I'm impressed with the pre-sentence report and character references and the letter you have written yourself. ’

I know that the Government are trying to reduce the numbers in prison but the Recorder on this case doesn’t sound too bright :-/
    Have you ever had to make a decision about sending someone immediately to prison or not?

What a load of guff, masquerading as a footballer for 10 years and stealing a living. Just a matter of time before the agressive freak ends up in jail or messes with the ‘ wrong person’….

I’m not sure that the other stuff is irrelevant, I’d say the other stuff is a decent indication of his previous character. It’s not like he just crashed the car he was involved in a police chase and still ran off after crashing!

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Have you ever had to make a decision about sending someone immediately to prison or not?
    I have actually. And without knowing their previous history unlike this Recorder.

At least he hit the post (box)