+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Insurance Hikes !

Car Insurance Hikes !

100 quid extra give or take mine is , I accept its gone up but I am not having that

Which price comparison website do you find best ?

Cheers

Re: Car Insurance Hikes !

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    100 quid extra give or take mine is , I accept its gone up but I am not having that

Which price comparison website do you find best ?

Cheers
    I find it's best to do them all sadly. Bit time consuming but once you've done 2 it feels like auto pilot for the rest

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    I find it's best to do them all sadly. Bit time consuming but once you've done 2 it feels like auto pilot for the rest
    I have been with aviva for 10 years

I am going to give em a ring and if they can't offer me some off I will naff off and just have third party fire and theft

Capitalist filth

I’m with M & S, price goes down every year

I am going to give em a ring and if they can't offer me some off I will naff off and just have third party fire and theft

Capitalist filth
    Phone up. The person answering has the leeway to remove 10%. Any more they need their manager.

Capitalist filth
    The fact that you've been with the same company is partly why your quote has increased so much. Each previous renewal you have accepted their rise, when you probably could have moved elsewhere and paid less. Because they think you'll do that again, they've upped it by more thinking you'll just renew again.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBearPig View Post
    Phone up. The person answering has the leeway to remove 10%. Any more they need their manager.
    Ten percent ain't much

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    The fact that you've been with the same company is partly why your quote has increased so much. Each previous renewal you have accepted their rise, when you probably could have moved elsewhere and paid less. Because they think you'll do that again, they've upped it by more thinking you'll just renew again.
    Doesn't that mean that the process just starts all over again ?

What a load of cobblers

Doesn't that mean that the process just starts all over again ?

What a load of cobblers
    If you've been loyal and stuck with the same company that long, you'll probably find a considerable saving by going elsewhere. Insurance companies like lots of industries don't do you any favours for sticking with them! Change every year if it's not the cheapest

If you've been loyal and stuck with the same company that long, you'll probably find a considerable saving by going elsewhere. Insurance companies like lots of industries don't do you any favours for sticking with them! Change every year if it's not the cheapest
    Bit like sky if you stick with them all the good deals go to new customers but if you phone them saying you are leaving you get a different deal a lot of the time - they rely on you being loyal even though you get no reward for that ,🤔

Ten percent ain't much
    You say that but you will more than likely only be paying 90% of what you were quoted

Same as broadband , tossers

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Bit like sky if you stick with them all the good deals go to new customers but if you phone them saying you are leaving you get a different deal a lot of the time - they rely on you being loyal even though you get no reward for that ,🤔
    What a joke

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Even cheaper with electric.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Which begs the question ......why not treat existing customers with fair deals ?

If not , they leave

It's a no brainer isn't it ?

Shop around as much as you can and ask your insurer for their best possible price (armed with some lower quotes if you can).

Unfortunately insurance is all based on a gamble. They are trying to work out the chance of you having an accident, and how much that could cost them. That second bit has become far trickier to work out with inflation and they will always be extra cautious.

I think they legally have had to offer the same price to renewing customers as new customers for some time now, so it's not so much that anymore. Different companies have different risk profiles though so the price they offer can change dramatically based on the exact type of customer they want on their books. Best of luck !

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    Even cheaper with electric.
    Don’t think so.

Vauxhall Zafira, 1600, petrol £198 including breakdown cover

Quote Originally Posted by caerkid View Post
    Shop around as much as you can and ask your insurer for their best possible price (armed with some lower quotes if you can).

Unfortunately insurance is all based on a gamble. They are trying to work out the chance of you having an accident, and how much that could cost them. That second bit has become far trickier to work out with inflation and they will always be extra cautious.

I think they legally have had to offer the same price to renewing customers as new customers for some time now, so it's not so much that anymore. Different companies have different risk profiles though so the price they offer can change dramatically based on the exact type of customer they want on their books. Best of luck !
    Cheers

I have been told the best for my car are AXA and direct line and .....NFU ! ......its not a tractor

Don’t think so.

Vauxhall Zafira, 1600, petrol £198 including breakdown cover
    As in marks and Spencer?

Mine had stayed the same for a few years then this year up 90 quid.

Few comparisons and the only cheaper ones (by only a tenner or so) were these ones where you fit some tracker to your car. So will stick where I am.

Some of the quotes you get though, did a couple separately and they came out about twice the price, one was even with a discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Mine had stayed the same for a few years then this year up 90 quid.

Few comparisons and the only cheaper ones (by only a tenner or so) were these ones where you fit some tracker to your car. So will stick where I am.

Some of the quotes you get though, did a couple separately and they came out about twice the price, one was even with a discount.
    Yep mine was up about 90 quid

A quick comparison check by reducing the mileage brought it down 75 quid

It's a pain to have to do this but unless they come back with a better deal I am shovelling cow dung

Anyone got joint car , house insurance and utilities under one roof as it were ?

I really can't be arsed with all this I have women to date and Tories to slay

As in marks and Spencer?
    Yes, just as brokers, can’t remember the actual insurance firm

Be amazed if NFU are cheap. I used to work for them and our car insurance prices were always well above average.
    Go Compare offer free £250 excess cover if you buy through them, so you can whack your excess up by that amount for a cheaper premium and not be out of pocket if you have to claim.
    You can also get some decent cashback through Topcashback, including for the price comparison websites.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Be amazed if NFU are cheap. I used to work for them and our car insurance prices were always well above average.
    Go Compare offer free £250 excess cover if you buy through them, so you can whack your excess up by that amount for a cheaper premium and not be out of pocket if you have to claim.
    You can also get some decent cashback through Topcashback, including for the price comparison websites.
    Can you explain that to an idiot ?