+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car Insurance Hikes !

Re: Car Insurance Hikes !

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Anyone got joint car , house insurance and utilities under one roof as it were ?

I really can't be arsed with all this I have women to date and Tories to slay
    Multi-car. multi-policies is another feckin myth. I just had a house insurance renewal from LV where we insure 2 cars. House quote had gone up from £408 to £628 and they weren't interested. Just got a better package from Aviva for under £400. they're all greedy Kents!

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Mine had stayed the same for a few years then this year up 90 quid.

Few comparisons and the only cheaper ones (by only a tenner or so) were these ones where you fit some tracker to your car. So will stick where I am.

Some of the quotes you get though, did a couple separately and they came out about twice the price, one was even with a discount.
    Exactly the same as me, I go on the price comparison sites every year and the last few found that the company I was with was right up there among the cheapest. This year though the rise in price made me sure that I’d find cheaper on the comparison sites, but I didn’t- some of the quotes I got were just taking the piss.

Can you explain that to an idiot ?
    😁
    This is what I did a couple of months ago:
    * Join Topcashback
    * Click the link on the Topcashback website to Go Compare
    * Get your quote on Go Compare, choosing a voluntary excess that's £250 more than you'd usually choose (which should make your quotes cheaper)
    * You should get £40 cashback from Topcashback in a couple of months
    * If you have to claim on your car insurance you'll have to pay the full excess amount but you can claim £250 of it back from Go Compare.

Saved me quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    😁
    * Join Topcashback
    * Get your quote on Go Compare, choosing a voluntary excess that's £250 more than you'd usually choose (which should make your quotes cheaper)
    * If you have to claim on your car insurance you'll have to pay the full excess amount but you can claim £250 of it back from Go Compare.

Saved me quite a bit.
    I always use TopCashback and then all the comparison sites they list, including their own. I’m due around £100 for switching from BT to Sky for Broadband and around £30 this year on my car insurance.

My 18 year old has been quoted £4000 and that's with one of those black box monitors. Disgraceful imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Multi-car. multi-policies is another feckin myth. I just had a house insurance renewal from LV where we insure 2 cars. House quote had gone up from £408 to £628 and they weren't interested. Just got a better package from Aviva for under £400. they're all greedy Kents!
    Aviva have pissed me off so it's drop the price or I am riding my bike

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    My 18 year old has been quoted £4000 and that's with one of those black box monitors. Disgraceful imo.
    Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    😁
    * Join Topcashback

Saved me quite a bit.
    Nice one

If someone knows of an all in one site similar to utility warehouse that does the lot let me know

I may be paying a few quid a year extra but I can't be doing with all the poncing about

My granddaughter is 19 and I just had this text off her mum

She’s with Hastings but with a black box. Her insurance this year fully comp was 880. Her first insurance was with A1 insurance. That was cheap too

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    My granddaughter is 19 and I just had this text off her mum

She’s with Hastings but with a black box. Her insurance this year fully comp was 880. Her first insurance was with A1 insurance. That was cheap too
    My boy was disqualified from driving. I won't go into it but he made a mistake. He's a good boy and knows he made a mistake. Still think 4k is a disgrace.

100 quid extra give or take mine is , I accept its gone up but I am not having that

Which price comparison website do you find best ?

Cheers
    www.doggingcarinsurance.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    With what I have on offer I should get a no claims bonus

If someone knows of an all in one site similar to utility warehouse that does the lot let me know

I may be paying a few quid a year extra but I can't be doing with all the poncing about
    It takes a bit of extra effort to shop around but what your describing is the best way to pay extra for absolutely everything

Personally I can’t live with paying over the odds for anything so shop around for everything as it renews every year

My boy was disqualified from driving. I won't go into it but he made a mistake. He's a good boy and knows he made a mistake. Still think 4k is a disgrace.
    I guess the trouble is, insurance companies are placing a bet when they insure someone. Whether they win depends on things beyond their control so they’ve got to base it on the form.

Given he’s had the equivalent of being shot at the grand national I wouldn’t bet on your son

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    It takes a bit of extra effort to shop around but what your describing is the best way to pay extra for absolutely everything

Personally I can’t live with paying over the odds for anything so shop around for everything as it renews every year
    So utility warehouse with a one off payment for gas , elec , phone and broadband is always going to be more expensive ?

So utility warehouse with a one off payment for gas , elec , phone and broadband is always going to be more expensive ?
    Yes anything where you put all your eggs in one basket will end up costing you more.
    The time spent shopping around is time well spent

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Yes anything where you put all your eggs in one basket will end up costing you more.
    The time spent shopping around is time well spent
    It's a weary grind

For the sake of 150 quid , should that be what it is , I can deal with that

It's a weary grind

For the sake of 150 quid , should that be what it is , I can deal with that
    Pouring money into the fatcats pockets there sludge!