+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alsop Delivering Again

Alsop Delivering Again

He kept a few clean sheets for us ,

Catch hid one handed save today .

Decent keeper

Re: Alsop Delivering Again

Just saw him make a save that was better than any he had done with us.

Hull look good but then Stoke offer absolutely nothing.

I had no confidence in Alsopp.
    How often do players improve when they go to different clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Coaching

International

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    He almost took us down, Kaba saved him!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Just saw him make a save
    That's a considerable improvement on last season.

While he's only played 2 games for Hull so far, Allsop's form exceeds anything he's managed in his career so far. He has yet to manage a save percentage of 70% or more in the Championship over the course of a season, which would be roughly the top 10 percentages of a season. At the moment he's saved 9 out of 10 shots on target. Obviously that won't be maintained, but glad he's started well. The move has suited everyone.

I thought this thread was going to be that someone had seen him out for DPD

would’ve surprised me less than him making saves

Alsop is a decent keeper! he was just playing in a squad of sh**ters over thelast few seasons. put him in a decent squad and he'll be fine! can't blame him

Quote Originally Posted by Dave St View Post
    Alsop is a decent keeper! he was just playing in a squad of sh**ters over thelast few seasons. put him in a decent squad and he'll be fine! can't blame him
    Pretty much this.

Wasnt our best shot stopper ever but he wasn't the problem last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Pretty much this.

Wasnt our best shot stopper ever but he wasn't the problem last season.
    He was definitely one of the problems.

I reckon we lose that game yesterday with Allsop in goal.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

100% we'd be bottom half he would have cost us 6 points less at least.

Buluts made some excellent decisions, binning him off was one of the most important.

Time will tell let's look at his stats after twenty games not two.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

I don't think Alnwick had any particularly challenging saves to make yesterday to be fair.

Alsop had 12 clean sheets last season, about mid table for the keepers.

Meanwhile we were second lowest scorers, this was clearly our biggest problem by far.

If Alnwick keeps 12 clean sheets with us scoring a lot more then we will be doing very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    That's a considerable improvement on last season.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    100% we'd be bottom half he would have cost us 6 points less at least.

Buluts made some excellent decisions, binning him off was one of the most important.

Time will tell let's look at his stats after twenty games not two.
    But Bulut didn't ‘bin him off’. Bulut himself said he wanted to go with three senior keepers this season but that Allsop wasn't happy with that and so asked for a transfer. Bulut also said he wouldn't stand in any players way, who didn't want to stay here. My take on Allsop was that he was a decent keeper. His saves actually saved us at least six points last season, without which we would have been relegated. Our oroblem last season wasnt that we let in too many goals, it was entirely that we didn't score enough - not Allsops fault.

Got to be one our our worst keepers in a good while…..

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    But Bulut didn't ‘bin him off’. Bulut himself said he wanted to go with three senior keepers this season but that Allsop wasn't happy with that and so asked for a transfer. Bulut also said he wouldn't stand in any players way, who didn't want to stay here. My take on Allsop was that he was a decent keeper. His saves actually saved us at least six points last season, without which we would have been relegated. Our oroblem last season wasnt that we let in too many goals, it was entirely that we didn't score enough - not Allsops fault.
    You are right about Bulut’s stance on Allsop - but he didn’t look too upset when Allsop (or his agent) pushed for a move away.

He was a poor shot stopper and I’m not convinced he was an organiser at the back.

His strengths were supposed to be coolness and competence playing out from the back and excellent distribution. He clearly had some of that but was he really much better than Alnwick - who also organises, controls his box and stops shots.

The best one stayed!

How did you work out we were six points better off?

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    How did you work out we were six points better off?
    His friends in Sheffield told him.

Alsop Delivering Again.he's got a job on the post.

Let me get this right - any saves he made go down as points he gained for us, but the goals he shouldn't have let in, but did, don't count as point dropped because of him?

Anyone know the xg equivalent for saving shots for allsop for last season?

Answering my own question using football 365's methodology and fbref's stats he cost us 7.4 goals last season

Using fbref it should be possible to work out if he saved or cost us points but with a score of minus 7.4 I doubt he saved us 6 points

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Let me get this right - any saves he made go down as points he gained for us, but the goals he shouldn't have let in, but did, don't count as point dropped because of him?
    Its not rocket science is it ? If he hadn't made the saves he did, we would have had six points less than we got but if, as you maintain, he let goals in that he should have saved, then any ‘lost points’ caused as a result are already included in our seasons points total. Net effect is that we would have got six points less and been relegated. My point therefore stands.