+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sunderland Messageboard , One Of The Best

Re: Sunderland Messageboard , One Of The Best

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I used to have a married couple living next door to me here in Sunderland. He was a Geordie and she a Mackem. They refused to go and see each other's teams (and they weren't in the same divisions so weren't playing each other). I went to see Newcastle away to Villa with him and I went to see Sunderland play in a friendly at Exeter with her - and met her in the ground when City played away up there a number of years ago. Compromise between them regarding the footy didn't exist one jot.
    That's religion for you.....

I used to have a married couple living next door to me here in Sunderland. He was a Geordie and she a Mackem. They refused to go and see each other's teams (and they weren't in the same divisions so weren't playing each other). I went to see Newcastle away to Villa with him and I went to see Sunderland play in a friendly at Exeter with her - and met her in the ground when City played away up there a number of years ago. Compromise between them regarding the footy didn't exist one jot.
    I meant Somerset!

And so it shouldn't. If id married a Jack no way would I watch them.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Their messageboard is apoplectic and I love it ! I particularly liked the comment that when every team visits the SOL it's like a cup final for them.
    Sunderland is a well-supported club, but they've never really had that aura about them, at least at this level and above.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Always disliked Sunderland's fans ever since they booed a minute's silence at Ninian Park. If memory serves me right it was to show respect following the passing of John Charles.
    Correct. They were disgraceful.

Up to then, I quite liked Sunderland ever since they beat Leeds in the FA Cup Final back in 1973

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It’s always amazed me how many shite sides leave an away game with three points. Imagine if the home side had faced a decent side, saying that many a home side beat good sides .....so the fans say.....Coventry were fantastic in my opinion & Swansea wow!!!
    In 12/13, when we won The Championship by 8 points, I remember regularly reading opposition fans' views on how utterly shite we were.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Correct. They were disgraceful.

Up to then, I quite liked Sunderland ever since they beat Leeds in the FA Cup Final back in 1973
    It was a small minority who turned up in a coach that made a din then as happens pissed people get involved and before we knew it the bob bank were taunting them

There were Sunderland fans on here apologising , it was a minority of clowns

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Sunderland is a well-supported club, but they've never really had that aura about them, at least at this level and above.
    Leeds have taffy fans because they used to win things

It would be the same for Sunderland

Man City are beginning to develop plastic supporters clubs in Cornwall

As would Sunderland

International

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I quite like Sunderland and their fans.
    Newcastle fans have always been a bit insufferable to me.
    Geordies are great I've worked there and went to a load of mid-week games, good people, and decent fans.

Needs a translate button. Bairn, gadgie, alreet, nee.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Leeds have taffy fans because they used to win things

It would be the same for Sunderland

Man City are beginning to develop plastic supporters clubs in Cornwall

As would Sunderland

Even got merrican fans these days

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Needs a translate button. Bairn, gadgie, alreet, nee.
    Scratter and Bait are my favourites.

International

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Geordies are great I've worked there and went to a load of mid-week games, good people, and decent fans.
    Really??