+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Boiling Point , Stephen Graham

Boiling Point , Stephen Graham

On BBC 1 now

The 25 minute one off shoot

Great acting

Anyone ever worked in a kitchen ? Horrible environment

There was a guy working with me as a dish washer , in a hotel who had learning difficulties . The staff who were a horrible bunch got him drunk .

On a busy Saturday night he threw up and messed himself some of the chefs and waiters were just laughing at him .

Horrible .

Re: Boiling Point , Stephen Graham

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    On BBC 1 now

Great acting

There was a guy working with me as a dish washer , in a hotel who had learning difficulties . The staff who were a horrible bunch got him drunk .

On a busy Saturday night he threw up and messed himself some of the chefs and waiters were just laughing at him .

Horrible .
    I watched to he film and just just saw that trailer. I thought it looked rubbish sorry. Just swearing at each other in Scouse, totally heavy handed. It looks like a 4th division version of The Bear.

I was a kitchen porter once in a restaurant in London. I lasted 2 days, dreadful job

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    I watched to he film and just just saw that trailer. I thought it looked rubbish sorry. Just swearing at each other in Scouse, totally heavy handed. It looks like a 4th division version of The Bear.

I was a kitchen porter once in a restaurant in London. I lasted 2 days, dreadful job
    What's the bear ?

It reminded me of the kitchen I worked at as a 18 year old

Chef was a complete piss artist , his second in command was a staring eyed nutcase

What's the bear ?

Chef was a complete piss artist , his second in command was a staring eyed nutcase
    Probably at the Tory conference next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Probably at the Tory conference next month.
    I would rather work with dirty dishes in the heat than go to a tory party conference

What's the bear ?

Not sure what channel it's on I tend to steal everything. Sod Murdoch and his lot.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...-second-series

Of course he's dead isn't he. Sad really, about 40 years too late

On BBC 1 now

Great acting

Horrible .
    It's brilliant and so well acted.

I worked in one for years - from wash up to second chef. It's not a career I wanted due to the hours not boy is it hard work and I learnt so much from it, not all of it good..it was a pretty bullying environment for example

I caught this last night and was confused as I previously saw the 2021 version which is longer, and was expecting that. That version is on Film4 on Saturday.

Amazing it’s done in one take, I think Stephen Graham is one this countries’ finest actors.

Chefs deserve huge respect, I have a friend who is one, he works split shifts, starts work at 10am, some days 8am, works till 3pm has a two hour break and then works 5pm - 11pm. He does this 6 days a week, often works Christmas day.

We almost never see him now, he did get furloughed though for basically 18 months in 2020, glad he could get the rest.

What's the bear ?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14452776/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

The spin off series started tonight on bbc, I thought it was really good.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    The spin off series started tonight on bbc, I thought it was really good.
    spin off to what?

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    spin off to what?
    There was a film a few years ago. Very good

I worked in the kitchens for my student job. Motorway services. Horrible, sweaty environment. But I agree - the dishwasher area is friggin' horrible. Good if you're hungover, and don't want to be talking to customers who are debating the finer points with you (quite rightfully) as to whether or not £14 for a pasta dish is worth it - bearing in mind that the carbonara sauce dried up under the lights so the staff watered it down three times to stop it drying!