+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: antisemitic content was also highly offensive £40,000 Ofcom fine Islam Channel Ltd serious and repeated breaches of our broadcasting rules.

antisemitic content was also highly offensive £40,000 Ofcom fine Islam Channel Ltd serious and repeated breaches of our broadcasting rules.

Ofcom has today imposed a £40,000 financial penalty on Islam Channel Ltd for serious and repeated breaches of our broadcasting rules.

Islam Channel is an English-language satellite TV station airing religious instruction, current affairs, documentaries and entertainment programmes from an Islamic perspective.

Our investigation found The Andinia Plan, a one-hour documentary that examined a conspiracy theory which originated in a neo-Nazi publication, amounted to hate speech against Jewish people. This antisemitic content was also highly offensive and not sufficiently justified by the context.

We concluded that these were serious and repeated breaches of our rules which warranted the imposition of the following statutory sanctions: a financial penalty, to be paid by Islam Channel Ltd to HM Paymaster General; a direction not to repeat the programme; and a direction to broadcast a statement of our findings on a date and in a form to be determined by Ofcom.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/news-centre...rm=Read%20more

As this doesn't fall into the right wing narrative paybook I suspect not many will comment , up the revolution

Re: antisemitic content was also highly offensive £40,000 Ofcom fine Islam Channel Ltd serious and repeated breaches of our broadcasting rules.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Ofcom has today imposed a £40,000 financial penalty on Islam Channel Ltd for serious and repeated breaches of our broadcasting rules.

Islam Channel is an English-language satellite TV station airing religious instruction, current affairs, documentaries and entertainment programmes from an Islamic perspective.

Our investigation found The Andinia Plan, a one-hour documentary that examined a conspiracy theory which originated in a neo-Nazi publication, amounted to hate speech against Jewish people. This antisemitic content was also highly offensive and not sufficiently justified by the context.

We concluded that these were serious and repeated breaches of our rules which warranted the imposition of the following statutory sanctions: a financial penalty, to be paid by Islam Channel Ltd to HM Paymaster General; a direction not to repeat the programme; and a direction to broadcast a statement of our findings on a date and in a form to be determined by Ofcom.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/news-centre...rm=Read%20more

As this doesn't fall into the right wing narrative paybook I suspect not many will comment , up the revolution
    If you ever attend a counter demonstration against a far right group ......like The English Defence League or BNP ......you will see lots of neo nazi knuckleheads waving Israeli flags

Why do you think that is ?

Re: antisemitic content was also highly offensive £40,000 Ofcom fine Islam Channel Ltd serious and repeated breaches of our broadcasting rules.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If you ever attend a counter demonstration against a far right group ......like The English Defence League or BNP ......you will see lots of neo nazi knuckleheads waving Israeli flags

Why do you think that is ?
    Your usual tactic..."What about this example from an entirely unrelated topic but that is something more politically palatable to me!?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Your usual tactic..."What about this example from an entirely unrelated topic but that is something more politically palatable to me!?
    Well it seems ironic you are on here given the absolute pasting you are getting

You have a ego the size of a fridge

The abuse between Muslims and Jews has been going on for so many years it's far too complex for knucklehead racists to understand

But they use the conflict to side with people who on another day they will be shouting combat 18 at

To suggest that lefties etc don't shout down extremism on all sides is absolute bollocks nor do we wave Palestinian flags

I am surprised you are continuing to side with LOM who is moving further to the right by the day

Actually I am not surprised at all

One day the right complain the media is biased against them then they are lifting stories that prove that's nonsense .....all from the media

What an absolute load of nonsense

And you are backing this up

You are falling down the well

Well it seems ironic you are on here given the absolute pasting you are getting

You have a ego the size of a fridge

The abuse between Muslims and Jews has been going on for so many years it's far too complex for knucklehead racists to understand

But they use the conflict to side with people who on another day they will be shouting combat 18 at

To suggest that lefties etc don't shout down extremism on all sides is absolute bollocks nor do we wave Palestinian flags

I am surprised you are continuing to side with LOM who is moving further to the right by the day

Actually I am not surprised at all

One day the right complain the media is biased against them then they are lifting stories that prove that's nonsense .....all from the media

What an absolute load of nonsense

And you are backing this up

You are falling down the well
    A magnificent word salad, but unfortunately I had a late lunch today so am not hungry.

Again, what the hell does you talking about EDL rallies have to do with an Ofcom investigation into a TV Channel?

I'll help you - the answer begins with N and ends with G.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    A magnificent word salad, but unfortunately I had a late lunch today so am not hungry.

Again, what the hell does you talking about EDL rallies have to do with an Ofcom investigation into a TV Channel?

I'll help you - the answer begins with N and ends with G.
    It's far too much for you to deal with and it's left you flat on the canvas

So instead you pretend you don't understand .....but of course you do

You are not the nuanced intellectual you think you are , you are firmly right wing and already today you have ignored thatchers links to Saville because it makes you stupid after your attempt to throw egg on millibands face

You are no different to the right wing friends of Israel conservative students at University yet like LOM will moan at some of the lefts links to Palestine as some sign of hypocrisy

The jokes on you

It's far too much for you to deal with and it's left you flat on the canvas

So instead you pretend you don't understand .....but of course you do

You are not the nuanced intellectual you think you are , you are firmly right wing and already today you have ignored thatchers links to Saville because it makes you stupid after your attempt to throw egg on millibands face

You are no different to the right wing friends of Israel conservative students at University yet like LOM will moan at some of the lefts links to Palestine as some sign of hypocrisy

The jokes on you
    Absolutely as mad as a box of frog's! swear that character Rick from the Young Ones must be based on a young Sludge?!