+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lose Welsh Assembly Petition Growing Save 70.Million Per Year

Lose Welsh Assembly Petition Growing Save 70.Million Per Year

Re: Lose Welsh Assembly Petition Growing Save 70.Million Per Year

We could do away with the Westminster parliament as well and save a fortune.
    Who shall we have as our dictator?

Why doesn't England ever consider having a referendum to break away from the rest of the union?
    Would save everyone else the bother.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Why doesn't England ever consider having a referendum to break away from the rest of the union?
    I thought London had, the South East always seems ‘I’m alright Jack, pull up the ladder’.

non starter

International

It would be better to petition to stop the increase in the number of member of the Sennydd. Together with the associated increase in staff and 'advisers' how much is it going to take out of the budget.
    It could be better spent on other things.. (Like road signs ) or health care or care in the community?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    We could do away with the Westminster parliament as well and save a fortune.
    Who shall we have as our dictator?
    Neil Warnock

Funny you should say that if I was English I'd be done with Welsh, Scottish, Irish, they all hate them , on their own England would prosper and save on the crazy subsidies they dish out.. English taxpayers pay a lot for that hatred .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Funny you should say that if I was English I'd be done with Welsh, Scottish, Irish, they all hate them , on their own England would prosper and save on the crazy subsidies they dish out.. English taxpayers pay a lot for that hatred .
    Because they struggle enough with refugees coming by boat.

Any chance of not spamming the football board with this shit.

England is a fair old size compared to the other three. There are many deprived areas in England, parts of the the North East, North West etc feel very cut off from the affluent parts. Don’t take England as a whole, it’s quite fragmented.

International

Seriously couldn't be any worse!

And at least you know who would be gone!

Aye if that Johnson bloke was presiding over us during the pandemic we could have all gone on the piss 100mph. It was an essential work gathering your honour.... hic, burp, parp !!

Because they'd have to pay a fair amount to continue to access natural resources from us and the scots

I think the Welsh Govt is crap, has been for many years and this one is worse than Carwyn Jones' one.

But that shouldn't be confused with the principle of devolution which is important, supported by the Welsh people and should, in theory if not practice, allow for more nimble and more successful governance

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It would be better to petition to stop the increase in the number of member of the Sennydd. Together with the associated increase in staff and 'advisers' how much is it going to take out of the budget.
    It could be better spent on other things.. (Like road signs ) or health care or care in the community?
    Or child poverty or human trafficking or modern slavery

People getting their knickers in a twist over a 20 mph in residential areas when we have a shit storm on our doorsteps that has been created by all politicians regardless of their rosette colour cos they are all fecked in the head and useless and out to line their own pockets - certain subjects need to be left out of politics because the problems are not going to be solved by a parliamentary term of office they are generational and need time to solve bit people too busy point scoring when it all turns to shit

Complete waste of tax payers money the quicker they are got rid of the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Complete waste of tax payers money the quicker they are got rid of the better.
    Is that the case for all governments or just the Welsh one?

As this 20mph protest goes on, it’s pretty evident its mask has slipped and is no more than a Tory attempt to do away with a government that happens not to be Tory. The Tory response to voting against them? Disband the government. Very democratic.

Signed it as Raoul Moat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    As this 20mph protest goes on, it’s pretty evident its mask has slipped and is no more than a Tory attempt to do away with a government that happens not to be Tory. The Tory response to voting against them? Disband the government. Very democratic.
    Really? 450,000 people signed it. And a handful of people on a Cardiff City messageboard subsequently talking about scrapping the Welsh parliament - an opinion that has always had traction and some support ever since it was created.

Tories are obviously going to try to exploit opposition to this policy because that's politics. I do also think there is some genuine ideological water between the parties too on this mind

I have friends over the bridge who think the same.
    I would much rather abandon the terms English, Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish and instead just have the word British.
    Like any partnership - it's not exactly fair and square at the moment. We get back more than we contribute - so why would the 'English' vote to get rid.
    If we were all lumped in together as one - there wouldnt be an us vs them debate - other than from the usual bog eyed cretins

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    I would much rather abandon the terms English, Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish and instead just have the word British.
    Like any partnership - it's not exactly fair and square at the moment. We get back more than we contribute - so why would the 'English' vote to get rid.
    If we were all lumped in together as one - there wouldnt be an us vs them debate - other than from the usual bog eyed cretins
    I usually disagree with your posts but on this one I'm with you 100%. I hate to see the break up of the UK and, in my opinion, a Federal organisation would have been far better than devolution which I detest.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    I used to regard myself as British and felt proud, even serving 6 years in the army. Now I no longer call myself British after the way the Tories have trashed this country and its reputation over the last 13 years.

This was once a nation that supported those struggling with life, mostly through no fault of their own, now almost all ladders and safety nets have been removed. During this time governments has increased the burden on the ordinary worker, whilst allowing the wealthy to use multiple tax loopholes to avoid paying their fair share of tax, whilst cutting the number of tax prosecution of wealthy tax evaders through cuts to HMRC. They have abrogated their responsibility for looking after the poorest and have turned us into a country of food banks

They have trashed our reputation as a country that follows the rules of law and that of adhering to treaties and agreements. They are talking about removing us from the European court of Human Rights, aligning us with Russia and Belarus. The reputation we had was hard won but will extremely be hard to regain.

We used to a country that had a reputation of getting things done, but the miss-management of the country over the last 13 years has turned us into a country where nothing no works and delays are the norm.

I am no longer a proud Britain, I now regard myself as just Welsh.

Total waste of time...just get rid of it and save .....