+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lose Welsh Assembly Petition Growing Save 70.Million Per Year

Re: Lose Welsh Assembly Petition Growing Save 70.Million Per Year

Quote Originally Posted by 79blue View Post
    I used to regard myself as British and felt proud, even serving 6 years in the army. Now I no longer call myself British after the way the Tories have trashed this country and its reputation over the last 13 years.

This was once a nation that supported those struggling with life, mostly through no fault of their own, now almost all ladders and safety nets have been removed. During this time governments has increased the burden on the ordinary worker, whilst allowing the wealthy to use multiple tax loopholes to avoid paying their fair share of tax, whilst cutting the number of tax prosecution of wealthy tax evaders through cuts to HMRC. They have abrogated their responsibility for looking after the poorest and have turned us into a country of food banks

They have trashed our reputation as a country that follows the rules of law and that of adhering to treaties and agreements. They are talking about removing us from the European court of Human Rights, aligning us with Russia and Belarus. The reputation we had was hard won but will extremely be hard to regain.

We used to a country that had a reputation of getting things done, but the miss-management of the country over the last 13 years has turned us into a country where nothing no works and delays are the norm.

I am no longer a proud Britain, I now regard myself as just Welsh.
    1. Thank you for your service.
    2. I had a good friend who executed by the side of the road in Iraq. He had a wife and 3 kids.
    3. Unfortunately we went to war in Iraq based on 1 big lie and the war in Afghan was equally as futile given the end result.
    4. Defence reviews have been conducted by both red and blue over the years and spending is based on where they think the threat is coming from.

If you can think of a legal way to solve the small boats issue - please let us all know. As so far - every method has failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    As this 20mph protest goes on, it’s pretty evident its mask has slipped and is no more than a Tory attempt to do away with a government that happens not to be Tory. The Tory response to voting against them? Disband the government. Very democratic.
    With such a low turn out , it’s argued it shouldn’t have been possible in the first place. Cardiff voted No

Why any Welsh person is happy being ruled by England is beyond me. If you're happy with that, support England in all sports. Show your allegiance with England. Then fck off and leave Wales to those who love Wales.

Any Welshman happy being ruled by England isn't a true Welshman.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    I have friends over the bridge who think the same.
    I would much rather abandon the terms English, Welsh, Scottish and Northern Irish and instead just have the word British.
    Like any partnership - it's not exactly fair and square at the moment. We get back more than we contribute - so why would the 'English' vote to get rid.
    If we were all lumped in together as one - there wouldnt be an us vs them debate - other than from the usual bog eyed cretins
    Whenever I'm asked abroad where I originate from, I proudly say Great Britain 🇬🇧

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Why any Welsh person is happy being ruled by England is beyond me. If you're happy with that, support England in all sports. Show your allegiance with England. Then fck off and leave Wales to those who love Wales.

Where not were ruled by a second rate Welsh Assembly and third rate First Minister who in the last 20 years have done very little for Wales other than hold it back .

If it wasn't for the evil Westminster funding government sector jobs in Wales like WAG , ONS, Patent Office , Companies House, DVLA , Wales could be in trouble , in fact the Welsh economy is dangerously over-reliant on the public sector..

I was born in Wales originating from Central London stock , who were sadly bombed out in WW2 , and ame and happily embraced Wales and added value .. no chip on thier shoulder or hatred .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Whenever I'm asked abroad where I originate from, I proudly say Great Britain 🇬🇧
    So why attach a UK flag to your post?

Come on, do you want to be associated with the (northern) Irish or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

I’m Welsh born but my parents and grandparents were not , infact my grandfathers company still employees hundreds of Welsh people , imagine if he fcuk d off.

I support Wales even though half the team are English born.

People had their chance to abolish the WAG. There was a political party that ran in 2021 who’s sole purpose was exactly that.

They got a whopping 0 seats and out of a combined 2.2 million votes for the Regional and Constituency seats they got less than 60,000 votes.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Let's face it. He is like Biden. Away with the fairies. Energy of a sloth. Brain of a newt. Charisma of a low grade bank clerk. If we were streaming political classes like they streamed ability classes in my senior school, we would have:

Alpha
    Beta
    Rem (Remedial)

Drakeford would clearly be in the Rem class. Naturally, I was always in Alpha for my subjects, but that is quite obvious really, and really didn't need mentioning. But there you go. I was clever. There I've said it.

Ahem. Dripford wouldn't be the only one in Rem though, (no doubt grabbing "seconds" burgers at lunch time and smoking fags behind the bike shed.) It is my observation and conclusion that most of these pond-dwellers in the Assem-ber-lee should be in the Rem class really. Rhodri Morgan could probably nab a place in the Beta class. I think Carwyn Jones, Ieuan Wyn Jones and Alun Michael were the only ones I can think of as good enough to be ranked in the Alpha class. And I suspect, were he not caught "foraging for badgers" on Bristol common with a random rastafarian, Ron Davies would have gone on to be a superb leader, and another addition for the Alpha class.

Short supply though. I voted for the Assembly and would still vote to keep it, to protect the language, culture, identity, tourism and sport. But the Rems that populate it are cannon fodder in politics and about as much use as a pork pie in a synagogue with a cup of cold piss.

You are clever. That is quite obvious.

OK.

Something is quite obvious. Just what though…,,?

I just hope this is a major whooooosh.

If not - seriously embarrassing!