+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michael Heseltine

Re: Michael Heseltine

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Duplicitous man - an I AM a fan of Thatcher...
    She treated the Welsh valleys with such respect

I bet you stuck out like a sore thumb 👍

Is that why you ran away to France ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Duplicitous man - an I AM a fan of Thatcher...
    I don't be the one to break it to you but she's dead butt.

Dead as fuuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I don't be the one to break it to you but she's dead butt.

Dead as fuuck.
    Let's hope we never see her ilk again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Let's hope we never see her ilk again.
    Pritti Patel and Herr Brauvermann Gestapo are huge Thatcher disciples

Sunak is positively angelic compared to those two

Sludge - Who closed more coal mines Wilson or Thatcher ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Pritti Patel and Herr Brauvermann Gestapo are huge Thatcher disciples

Sunak is positively angelic compared to those two
    And some working class people admired the witch Thatcher; there's nowt so queer as folk.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Sludge - Who closed more coal mines Wilson or Thatcher ?
    It was the speed at which your lover closed them and the lack of provision and support from the communities that was the problem

Not for you , obviously , you probably clapped

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    And some working class people admired the witch Thatcher; there's nowt so queer as folk.
    Aye

Tories in overalls

It was the speed at which your lover closed them and the lack of provision and support from the communities that was the problem

Not for you , obviously , you probably clapped
    Of course, the number of coal miners who lost their jobs in the 1960s far outweighed that of the 1980s.

But life is much more fun without facts isn't it. For example, Citys 5-0 thumping of Watford yesterday in front of a 65,000 crowd was something else!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Of course, the number of coal miners who lost their jobs in the 1960s far outweighed that of the 1980s.

But life is much more fun without facts isn't it. For example, Citys 5-0 thumping of Watford yesterday in front of a 65,000 crowd was something else!
    He's off again , you are beyond help

Thatcher closed more than her fair share of pits and unlike the governments of the 60s she closed pits very quickly and didn't provide a safety net or alternatives for the communities

That was the cause of the huge discontent

Poor Maggie, God bless her eh

He's off again , you are beyond help

Thatcher closed more than her fair share of pits and unlike the governments of the 60s she closed pits very quickly and didn't provide a safety net or alternatives for the communities

That was the cause of the huge discontent

Poor Maggie, God bless her eh
    I've said nothing whatsoever about her. I'm talking about who closed more mines and who closed them more quickly.

I've said nothing whatsoever about her. I'm talking about who closed more mines and who closed them more quickly.
    Listen you arse

I was replying to the question who closed more pits the labour governments of earlier than her or the mad bitch

The answer I gave was more pits were closed before she got hold of the ship but she closed them much faster with greater impact and did very little to help especially here in South Wales

You then jumped in with your usual nonsense and what you said is completely irrelevant to me as I have already answered the question

You clown

Listen you arse

I was replying to the question who closed more pits the labour governments of earlier than her or the mad bitch

The answer I gave was more pits were closed before she got hold of the ship but she closed them much faster with greater impact and did very little to help especially here in South Wales

You then jumped in with your usual nonsense and what you said is completely irrelevant to me as I have already answered the question

You clown
    Wilson closed 250+ in his 8 years. Thatcher closed 115 in 11 years.

I agree on the general lack of support given. I don't know what happened to unemployed miners in the 1960s?

Wilson closed 250+ in his 8 years. Thatcher closed 115 in 11 years.

I agree on the general lack of support given. I don't know what happened to unemployed miners in the 1960s?
    Of course Jimbo, Wilson closed so many pits due to economical reasons, whilst Thatcher used a fair bit of ideology for her reasons to close the pits and break the unions.

Your nuance isn't working again?

As for unemployed miners of the 1960s, the economy under Wilson was experiencing more growth than Thatcher's government. Basically, there was work for them to find. The UK was already a shit show unemployment wise when Thatcher thought she'd throw the miners under the bus.

Lovely girl Margaret.

Of course Jimbo, Wilson closed so many pits due to economical reasons, whilst Thatcher used a fair bit of ideology for her reasons to close the pits and break the unions.

Your nuance isn't working again?

As for unemployed miners of the 1960s, the economy under Wilson was experiencing more growth than Thatcher's government. Basically, there was work for them to find. The UK was already a shit show unemployment wise when Thatcher thought she'd throw the miners under the bus.

Lovely girl Margaret.
    Yeah sure, she wanted to smash the union's and the NUM probably fell into a trap on that.

I just think there's this image created of a thriving community that was decimated in the 80s. But by that point it had been in decline for sixty years and hundreds and hundreds of pits had gone, here and across much of western Europe.

I didn't live through it anyway.

Yeah sure, she wanted to smash the union's and the NUM probably fell into a trap on that.

I just think there's this image created of a thriving community that was decimated in the 80s. But by that point it had been in decline for sixty years and hundreds and hundreds of pits had gone, here and across much of western Europe.

You are a tory

You don't live

You are on batteries

You are a tory

You don't live

You are on batteries
    You need new ones that's for sure.

You need new ones that's for sure.
    I am on an intravenous drip

"I didn't live through it anyway."

Try reading about it Jimbo, not just selected parts that suit whatever opinion you usually try and construct. Research both sides of the issues though. Use a bit of context and that self proclaimed nuance of yours.

Start with 'The Enemy Within' link provided for you.

https://www.wob.com/en-gb/books/seum...1#GOR001641258

"I didn't live through it anyway."

Try reading about it Jimbo, not just selected parts that suit whatever opinion you usually try and construct. Research both sides of the issues though. Use a bit of context and that self proclaimed nuance of yours.

Start with 'The Enemy Within' link provided for you.

https://www.wob.com/en-gb/books/seum...1#GOR001641258
    Is that Seamus Milne book the definitive history of coal mining in the UK in the last century is it? I'll have to check it out.

Is that Seamus Milne book the definitive history of coal mining in the UK in the last century is it? I'll have to check it out.
    James I expect a better response from you. You've lowered yourself to a pithy and disingenuous reply.

I thought this book which is obviously anti Thatcher but well researched about the Miners Strike might also give you some information to ponder about the 'dark forces' of government and how totalitarian states can work.

You seem to be very interested in the topic on another thread.

Happy reading.