+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spurs v Liverpool

Re: Spurs v Liverpool

It's probably an attempt to put pressure on those making a decision about Jones' red card but hopefully they treat the appeal on its merits.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Porcelain teeth is now asking for a replay. They are hilarious
    People say he showed tremendous dignity after the game ......although he wasn't at a funeral ff sake .....but he came over well

But now he's gone back to being a cry baby

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    It's probably an attempt to put pressure on those making a decision about Jones' red card but hopefully they treat the appeal on its merits.
    They lost the appeal

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...tenham-hotspur

Having spoken about the integrity of the game after the VAR incident, they could hardly expect the rules to be bent to let Jones off. Jones didn't get an extra match ban like you wanted but it was a pretty frivolous appeal. The Ndong incident I talked about earlier was January 2018 so it must've been the rule for over 5 years now, pretty embarrassing if Liverpool didn't know it.

Saying that, Gary Neville and plenty of other pundits didn't know it either. Lots of talk about the need to get former players involved as refs or in VAR because they 'understand' the game. Some would need to learn the rules first.

One of the criticisms of the VAR was that it was rushed, leading to the wrong decision being made, and the conversations that took place reinforced this.

Watching the Newcastle v PSG game, the Newcastle second goal went to VAR, which took a good three minutes to resolve, where all the co-commentators were saying was that it shouldn't be taking that amount of time.

Make your feckin minds up!!

Privided the decision is the correct one, it shouldn't matter how long it takes.

This Liverpool story has had me chuckling mind and loving all the memes flying about

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    One of the criticisms of the VAR was that it was rushed, leading to the wrong decision being made, and the conversations that took place reinforced this.

Watching the Newcastle v PSG game, the Newcastle second goal went to VAR, which took a good three minutes to resolve, where all the co-commentators were saying was that it shouldn't be taking that amount of time.

Make your feckin minds up!!

Privided the decision is the correct one, it shouldn't matter how long it takes.

This Liverpool story has had me chuckling mind and loving all the memes flying about
    It's deffo a conspiracy against them

Which as far as I am concerned is absolutely great

But it wasnt rushed, it was a clear decision that it was NOT offside, it was easy to see

the mix up of course was the VAR thought the ref had given a goal, so the check was complete

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    But it wasnt rushed, it was a clear decision that it was NOT offside, it was easy to see

the mix up of course was the VAR thought the ref had given a goal, so the check was complete
    One of the blokes was heard saying more than once to another "are you happy with the decision?"
    He obviously realised that it was the wrong decision and the other guy got confused not realising what his decision was.

They relayed the wrong message to the referee by not making it clear, i.e. rushed it

One of the blokes was heard saying more than once to another "are you happy with the decision?"
    He obviously realised that it was the wrong decision and the other guy got confused not realising what his decision was.

They relayed the wrong message to the referee by not making it clear, i.e. rushed it
    Clearly an opportunity to sort out the communication side of things

Unless you are a Liverpool fan then you should rightly be awarded the title

Methinks, they were having a cuppa

Feck me, social media is nothing but mouth breathing Liverpool fans trying to explain why they have been the victim of the singularly most unjust decision in the entire history of football and why a replay is the least they deserve the last few days. Klopp found the right fan base I reckon.

Does this mean we're going to replay the Chelsea game from 2019 now?

Klopp has made himself look an absolute clown asking for a replay there.