Re: Spurs v Liverpool

Probably jinx them now but I think Liverpool will hold on here

2 - 1

Matip og 90 + 6

So much for VAR being there to correct human error

A valiant effort to get something from the game by Liverpool against the odds.

Don't like either team but in the end, a pleasing result.

Bad luck scousers

Liverpool have had plenty of decisions go for them just because of who they are

This is amusing

And United lost

Sad day for South Wales Plasticos

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    So much for VAR being there to correct human error
    Have you seen it ?

It's a shocking decision they are saying

😂

Even Gary Neville thought it was a mistake and onside and that something was wrong because VAR didn’t check it ? He hates Liverpool as much as you !

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Even Gary Neville thought it was a mistake and onside and that something was wrong because VAR didn’t check it ? He hates Liverpool as much as you !
    That's not possible

VAR should be binned. End of.

You can always forgive a ref or linesman in actual time but there is no excuse for people in a studio looking at replays. The incompetence of VAR officials is staggering.

Guess Liverpool won’t be voting against the introduction of the semi-automated offside next season

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    You can always forgive a ref or linesman in actual time but there is no excuse for people in a studio looking at replays. The incompetence of VAR officials is staggering.
    You are of course correct but it's tickled me

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Liverpool have had plenty of decisions go for them just because of who they are

This is amusing

And United lost

Sad day for South Wales Plasticos
    Why do you watch the Premier League if you despise it so much?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    Why do you watch the Premier League if you despise it so much?
    I watch it on MOTD

Like I watch the news

Or you watch loose women

It really is no more than that

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I watch it on MOTD

Like I watch the news

Or you watch loose women

It really is no more than that
    Ok great. I'm pleased for you. You still got nowhere near to answering the question though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    Ok great. I'm pleased for you. You still got nowhere near to answering the question though.
    Because its on tv

I don't actively seek this nonsense out

It's Saturday night

If MOTD is axed I will listen to Crowbar or something similar

Did you ever watch Bagpuss as a child ?

It was on

So you watched it

It's not difficult

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    VAR should be binned. End of.
    It's not the technology that is faulty though, it's the humans using it that are. I agree that Liverpool have benefited from poor decisions more than they've been hurt by down the years, but it really was shocking yesterday. I thought that although Jota could have no complaints, Curtis Jones' red card was harsh and words fail me about the disallowed goal - it was clearly onside and it emerged later that the VAR official did not bother checking it, prompting this statement from the referee's organistation.

'The goal but Luis Diaz was disallowed for offside by the on-field team of match officials. This was a clear and obvious factual error and should have resulted in the goal being awarded through VAR intervention, however, the VAR failed to intervene.

'PGMOL will conduct a full review into the circumstances which led to the error.

'PGMOL will immediately be contacting Liverpool at the conclusion of the fixture to acknowledge the error.'

They are saying today the VAR thought he was confirming that the goal was onside, he got the on-pitch decision wrong. So definitely people/process rather than technology, although the technology part has made its share of mistakes.

I also can’t agree on the Jones decision being harsh - any time you go over the ball and catch somebody with studs in todays game it’s an automatic red. By the standards of 15-20 years ago maybe not, but it’s cut and dry at this point.

Agree with the sending off, a red card all day long. He wasn't far off breaking the guys leg.

With you on Jones red card. Intent has been removed from the law so despite it clearly being an accident it's still a definite red card these days.
    Jota's first yellow is very unlucky but again although the contact was minimal and accidental it stopped Spurs counter attacking at speed so probably worthy of a booking.
    The offside goal was unlucky but called offside during actual play so had var not been there it would still have been disallowed.
    Have to say thought Klopp interviewed really well after the match as he can sometimes be a bit of an eejit but was much calmer than I'd have been in his position.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's not the technology that is faulty though, it's the humans using it that are. I agree that Liverpool have benefited from poor decisions more than they've been hurt by down the years, but it really was shocking yesterday. I thought that although Jota could have no complaints, Curtis Jones' red card was harsh and words fail me about the disallowed goal - it was clearly onside and it emerged later that the VAR official did not bother checking it, prompting this statement from the referee's organistation.

'The goal but Luis Diaz was disallowed for offside by the on-field team of match officials. This was a clear and obvious factual error and should have resulted in the goal being awarded through VAR intervention, however, the VAR failed to intervene.

'PGMOL will conduct a full review into the circumstances which led to the error.

'PGMOL will immediately be contacting Liverpool at the conclusion of the fixture to acknowledge the error.'
    How can you say that about Jota, he never touched him for the first yellow !

Our Fa cup game at anfield the other year.
    The big club got all the decisions.
    A clear sending off not given and a City penalty not given.
    Feck um.