+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spurs v Liverpool

Re: Spurs v Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    How can you say that about Jota, he never touched him for the first yellow !
    His knee just touched his foot and made him trip over. Unintentionally but still tripped him

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Our Fa cup game at anfield the other year.
    The big club got all the decisions.
    A clear sending off not given and a City penalty not given.
    Feck um.
    That non sending off still rankles with me diabolical decision.

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    His knee just touched his foot and made him trip over. Unintentionally but still tripped him
    Whether you think the first was harsh or not, to then take the worse one for your second a few minutes later is completely unforgivable and stupid, hard to have too much sympathy for him.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Because its on tv

I don't actively seek this nonsense out

It's Saturday night

If MOTD is axed I will listen to Crowbar or something similar

Did you ever watch Bagpuss as a child ?

It was on

So you watched it

It's not difficult
    So now you like the Premier League?

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Whether you think the first was harsh or not, to then take the worse one for your second a few minutes later is completely unforgivable and stupid, hard to have too much sympathy for him.
    Definitely

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    If its unintentional then its not a professional foul, and so not a yellow. Stupid lunging in seconds later though.

It couldn't have happened to a more deserving set of supporters.

We had the Curtis Jones incident down here in 2018 with Ndong of Sunderland. The rules about tackling had just been changed I think. Ndong got the ball but his foot rolled over the top of it in the tackle and into Junior Hoilett, who went down in agony. The ref pulled a red card out straight away, Ndong couldn't believe it and went off shaking his head. Sunderland appealed but the decision stood and Ndong was banned for three games.

Tough on Ndong, tough on Jones too, but if the refs (or VAR) start making subjective decisions about intent in situations like that then it will quickly become a yellow card offence for United players at Old Trafford but a red card for away teams, as a random example.

If the players foot rolls over the top of the ball you've got to be committing a dangerous attempt to win the ball to begin with. It's like one of those challenges where the player steps over the ball to get between the opponent and the ball. The player is asking for trouble.

I hope the appeal fails and he gets an extra game ban for the appeal.

Seems like VAR used to say "check complete" - now they have to say "check complete - goal (or no goal as appropriate".

Good lord...did no one think that was the option before introduction?

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    It couldn't have happened to a more deserving set of supporters.
    I am devastated for the Pontypridd branch of the Liverpool Supporters Club

No I am not

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    If the players foot rolls over the top of the ball you've got to be committing a dangerous attempt to win the ball to begin with. It's like one of those challenges where the player steps over the ball to get between the opponent and the ball. The player is asking for trouble.

I hope the appeal fails and he gets an extra game ban for the appeal.
    I'm surprised they're appealing it but having complained about all aspects of the officiating they're going to look a bit stupid if they turn round now and say 'actually, you were right about that one'. Maybe they're hoping Gary Neville will be on the panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    So now you like the Premier League?
    No but if its on the TV its something to watch

The weather forecast is on the telly and I watch that

No but if its on the TV its something to watch

The weather forecast is on the telly and I watch that
    Does your TV only play BBC 1?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Does your TV only play BBC 1?
    I got free view if that helps tonto

This is getting ridiculous coverage.

This is the problem that var brings, people now have an unrealistic expectation that all decisions will be right when in reality it just gives an extra couple of officials a bit more time to still make human error.

Liverpool get ****ed how many dodgy decisions have they had over the decades.

Plastic scouser almost crying in work yesterday, saying spurs celebrating a win against 9 men was embarrassing. I doubt those that actually went to the match and saw a 96 minute winner give a shit.

The media make a big deal of referee abuse at times and rightly so but then when it's one of the big clubs that are on the wrong end of things the coverage is so over the top that of course it results in abuse and dislike of referees.

Offside should be a goal of course.

Jones is a red all day, wasn't intentional but it is what it is.

Jota is unlucky with the first yellow, if there's var for yellows he probably (maybe) doesn't get it. Second it's hard to tell if he actually catches the guy at all but he slides in and is nowhere near the ball. 90 seconds after the first also, just all on him that one.

I got free view if that helps tonto
    Loads of channels then. Yet you choose to watch something you profess to despise?. As you were.

Loads of channels then. Yet you choose to watch something you profess to despise?. As you were.
    He could also choose not watch the TV and do something else.

Well it's a choice of Merthyr are doing well boys from you on here or watching Liverpool get beaten

Stand Easy

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Like a Quiz

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    This is getting ridiculous coverage.

This is the problem that var brings, people now have an unrealistic expectation that all decisions will be right when in reality it just gives an extra couple of officials a bit more time to still make human error.

Liverpool get ****ed how many dodgy decisions have they had over the decades.

Plastic scouser almost crying in work yesterday, saying spurs celebrating a win against 9 men was embarrassing. I doubt those that actually went to the match and saw a 96 minute winner give a shit.

The media make a big deal of referee abuse at times and rightly so but then when it's one of the big clubs that are on the wrong end of things the coverage is so over the top that of course it results in abuse and dislike of referees.

Offside should be a goal of course.

Jones is a red all day, wasn't intentional but it is what it is.

Jota is unlucky with the first yellow, if there's var for yellows he probably (maybe) doesn't get it. Second it's hard to tell if he actually catches the guy at all but he slides in and is nowhere near the ball. 90 seconds after the first also, just all on him that one.
    Bollocks to the big clubs , they sound pathetic

Klopp has shown more sense and dignity than their pathetic fans on the TV and radio

I think it's 😂

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    He has a sore wrist.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    He has a sore wrist.
    I am only human

Even I need a break

Porcelain teeth is now asking for a replay. They are hilarious