+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Unofficial Cricket World Cup Thread

Re: Unofficial Cricket World Cup Thread

Glammy's social media team quick off the mark! https://twitter.com/GlamCricket/stat...29924821360870

The problem with losing interest in a tournament because there have been so few competitive games in it is that you miss most of a truly fantastic innings like Maxwell's. I only saw the last twenty minutes or so of it and it offered further proof that the moment you start thinking you've seen it all in sport. something comes along to prove you wrong.

Even so, I'd still say that this is the real story so far to be taken from this World Cup.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...eaches-new-low

There's a good film to be made out of England's startling and humiliating collapse - it's made all the worse because the length of the tournament makes it such a lingering death.

Thanks for posting the link.

Didn't see the innings as have lost interest and only tend watch snippets when I can.

Sending the guy out to the press conference is just another of a long list of people in society not taking responsibility for their actions.

Cricket has become a shadow of the game I once loved and even though there must have always been cases of "jobs for the boys", the days of people doing the decent thing, whether that be falling on their sword or a simple interview to risk taking flak by fielding the uncomfortable questions, seem to be gone.
    How do these people keep their jobs?

Pathetic leadership.

This is not a drill * England win a game of cricket ��

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The problem with losing interest in a tournament because there have been so few competitive games in it is that you miss most of a truly fantastic innings like Maxwell's. I only saw the last twenty minutes or so of it and it offered further proof that the moment you start thinking you've seen it all in sport. something comes along to prove you wrong.

Even so, I'd still say that this is the real story so far to be taken from this World Cup.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...eaches-new-low

There's a good film to be made out of England's startling and humiliating collapse - it's made all the worse because the length of the tournament makes it such a lingering death.
    Aside from the money, I can't see that many of England's 'better' players wouldn't rather be back home putting their feet up..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Aside from the money, I can't see that many of England's 'better' players wouldn't rather be back home putting their feet up..
    most will be ready for the big money bbl which starts soon in australia i see buttler was ok to face up after the massive win against netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    most will be ready for the big money bbl which starts soon in australia i see buttler was ok to face up after the massive win against netherlands
    Innit tho

Shami takes an unprecedented 7 wickets for India to beat NZ and reach the WC final, eventually by 70 runs.

Virat Kohli hits a century in a total of 397, what a player.

They'll sure be tough to beat!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Shami takes an unprecedented 7 wickets for India to beat NZ and reach the WC final, eventually by 70 runs.

Virat Kohli hits a century in a total of 397, what a player.

They'll sure be tough to beat!
    Every time I watch them Rohit Sharma seems to put the opposition on the back foot within the first 4 or 5 overs. He's a machine.
    Even when they chase a big total, they do it with ease. They just never panic.

SA v Aus semi atm, Looks like helluva game going on.

Aus were on top taking early wickets with SA doing well to bat their overs out bar a couple of balls.

Aus looking comfortable chasing a modest 213 tomwin but SA have battled back and Aus have five down.

Still gotta fancy the Aussies who need 70 at 3 an over but another wicket now and it could swing again.

193-7, down to the bowlers but Starc and Cummings are both more than tail enders, still got to fancy Australia unfortunately.

Aus made hard work of it winning by 3 wickets.

I stayed away from the result but watched the extended highlights earlier this evening.

If de Kock takes the two pretty regulation catches for a wicket keeper (excluding Jonny Bairstow that is) then the outcome could have been quite different.

Cant see anything but an Indian victory in the final but stranger things have happened.

South Africa would have found another way to lose that Semi Final even if DeKock had taken those catches, it’s what they do. So we end up with a Final between the two teams I least wanted to win at the start of the tournament, but I must say that, from what I’ve seen, India have been so good and they’re clearly the best team in the tournament.

Think this format has big problems though, take Afghanistan, that Maxwell innings and England’s collapse away and the tournament has had little to commend it - it lasts way too long and chasing teams don’t seem as good at structuring a fifty over reply as they used to be.

Excellent fight back by Australia. Its a proper old style ODI. If India can get to 250 it could be one heck of a final. 120,000 crowd have been very quiet since about the 10th over.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot Hamish. View Post
    Excellent fight back by Australia. Its a proper old style ODI. If India can get to 250 it could be one heck of a final. 120,000 crowd have been very quiet since about the 10th over.
    Good match so far, and it's live on terrestrial television.

Funny that the last two Finals have been played on wickets that were so hard to put bat to ball, apparently the last forty overs of the Indian innings saw just four fours and seven twos hit - barring extras, the rest of the runs came from singles. The experts are saying that the dew coming down might help the batting side, but, if there’s no dew, I reckon India might have a winning score.

After early success and excitement, the game is slipping away from India now with Head and Labuschagne well in.

India desperately need a wicket.

Tough call on India LBW Labuschagne on Bumrah's return.

The Umpire's call must have been millimetres.

Crowd now very quiet!

Australia seem to be hitting the ball more cleanly than India were, seems that dew might be having effect - it’s Australia’s to lose now.

A walk in the park in the end and pretty anti climactic.

MOM Travis Head (again) took the game to India and wouldn't be bogged down.

Credit to honorary Welshman Marnus too, handling the pressure after Smith was dismissed.