+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Exorcist BBC 1

The Exorcist BBC 1

Still a very powerful film

I find the opening very dark

The old priest finding the satanic jewellery face , the wild dogs fighting as the sun goes down

Re: The Exorcist BBC 1

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Still a very powerful film

I find the opening very dark

The old priest finding the satanic jewellery face , the wild dogs fighting as the sun goes down
    One of the best films of all time.

nothing can touch it

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    One of the best films of all time.
    As a kid I didn't understand what it was all about but you pay attention to it more as time goes by

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    nothing can touch it
    It's certainly a great film

The Omen had its moments and The Shining with that long drive up into the mountains is creepy

Fast forward the first boring bit and it becomes a much better film.

I remember the Salvation Army waiting outside the cinemas to assist those who were unduly disturbed by the film.

One of my favourite films.

It's not really about demon possession, but a priests waning faith, a mothers love and whether evil (and therefore God) really exist.

You can see from the Exorcist that Friedkin was such a fan of opera, it has that operatic feel to it.

I think it should be on the school curriculum 😂😂😂

It's a brilliant film. I remember when I was younger they re-released it in cinemas, around 1999 or thereabouts. People were laughing at it, clearly as a means of dealing with and the lack of CGI. Never been more annoyed in the cinema in my life.

It's a brilliant film and gave birth to one of the best insults there is...

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I remember the Salvation Army waiting outside the cinemas to assist those who were unduly disturbed by the film.
    That'll have been me! I was only just 13 and somehow managed to blag my way into the cinema. It messed with my head to the extent that I haven't watched it since. I'm sure if I saw it now I'd find the effects quaint rather than flat out terrifying, which I did at the time. I must do that. It's a terrific film.

I saw it at a cinema in Newport with my then girlfriend, caught the last bus home to St Mellons, then walked past the graveyard and over the fields to Llanrumney. That 15 minute walk was possibly the scariest feeling I can ever remember. Totally spooked by it.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    One of my favourite films.

It's not really about demon possession, but a priests waning faith, a mothers love and whether evil (and therefore God) really exist.

You can see from the Exorcist that Friedkin was such a fan of opera, it has that operatic feel to it.

I think it should be on the school curriculum ������
    It's also about projectile vomiting

I walked up the steps and past the house where it was located in Washington DC. Even in broad daylight it was enough to give me the creeps!

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    I walked up the steps and past the house where it was located in Washington DC. Even in broad daylight it was enough to give me the creeps!
    Yeah that area looks daunting

I went to watch it, with my then brother in law, in a late night showing in Cardiff. I was 18 at the time and it took me hours to get to sleep, when I got home. I watched it again, years later and only then, did I appreciate how good a film it is. The sound track with Mike Oldfied was brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Georgetown.
    I refuse to go there :)

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Georgetown.
    I refuse to go there :)
    As a matter of interest Wash which area of the city was the location for Father Karras' mother's apartment? It looked unpleasant and deadbeat; is it the same way now?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    As a matter of interest Wash which area of the city was the location for Father Karras' mother's apartment? It looked unpleasant and deadbeat; is it the same way now?
    I’ve no idea Mate, sorry.

Bad Brains , Minor Threat , Fugazi all come from DC I think ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Bad Brains , Minor Threat , Fugazi all come from DC I think ?
    Yeah they do.
    And Henry Rollins.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Yeah they do.
    And Henry Rollins.
    I love Rollins , his guitarist Chris haskett can play