+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The party of free speech..

Re: The party of free speech..

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I have a few mates on Facebook who basically rotate between posting Politics Joe stuff, Jonathan Pie stuff and London Economic stuff. Each one they seem to think is more gospel than the last!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I have a few mates on Facebook who basically rotate between posting Politics Joe stuff, Jonathan Pie stuff and London Economic stuff. Each one they seem to think is more gospel than the last!
    To be fair pie absolutely hates the Tories and so do his followers

I happen to think his description of certainly the Tories from Cameron onwards is spot on a horrible bunch of slimes chancers

It's good to know that this sort of stuff either really pisses Tories off as its indefensible even by them .....apart from you due along in 5 minutes ......or they are too dull to understand it

There's a reason why the vast majority of comedians in the country ......and those in the arts and music etc ......slag off the Tories and its because the Tories are persona non grata

I mean when Jim Davidson and Bernard Manning are tory party icons you just have to accept you were born in the wrong barn

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    To be fair pie absolutely hates the Tories and so do his followers

I happen to think his description of certainly the Tories from Cameron onwards is spot on a horrible bunch of slimes chancers

It's good to know that this sort of stuff either really pisses Tories off as its indefensible even by them .....apart from you due along in 5 minutes ......or they are too dull to understand it

There's a reason why the vast majority of comedians in the country ......and those in the arts and music etc ......slag off the Tories and its because the Tories are persona non grata

I mean when Jim Davidson and Bernard Manning are tory party icons you just have to accept you were born in the wrong barn
    I think the greater worry is that a lot of people take their news from social media and absorb this kind of thing as fact, and that goes across the spectrum. It's all just designed to be shared and leads more and more people down rabbit holes.

Or we can just view it as satire, but many dont.

I think the greater worry is that a lot of people take their news from social media and absorb this kind of thing as fact, and that goes across the spectrum. It's all just designed to be shared and leads more and more people down rabbit holes.

I don't mind going down a rabbit hole with Mr pie or his wife

I can't think of any funny tory voting comics mostly because they get bottled off

Geoff Norcott makes me laugh quite often and I remember laughing at one of Jim Davidsom’s jokes once, but that was nearly fifty years ago.

I posted that Trainstopping video because it was funny, well made and relevant to the what’s in it for me party that champions free speech apart from when it’s against them.

So you think many other people are a bit too dim to understand satire and work things out for themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    So you think many other people are a bit too dim to understand satire and work things out for themselves?
    Based on posts I see on FB etc, some certainly seem to be.