+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The party of free speech..

Re: The party of free speech..

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Honestly, what you say just has no grounding in reality sometimes.

The white guy on the internet forum is saying the party led by the British Asian guy is going to kick out the Asians. It's nonsensical on every level
    You just wait

Braverman and Sunak are stooges

Your lot are a horrible bunch

Jump ship whilst you can

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You just wait

Braverman and Sunak are stooges

Your lot are a horrible bunch

Jump ship whilst you can
    I don't have a lot Sludge, but I usually here more abhorrent violent and obnoxious language aimed at Tories than from them. You don't do their opponents any favours.

I don't have a lot Sludge, but I usually here more abhorrent violent and obnoxious language aimed at Tories than from them. You don't do their opponents any favours.
    Nonsense

You hear what you want to hear

You are a tory

Nonsense

You hear what you want to hear

You are a tory
    Well I heard a British Asian prime minister give a speech today and an angry white man on the internet moan about how his party was racist.

Based on that, I think it's pretty clear who most rational people would believe.

Well I heard a British Asian prime minister give a speech today and an angry white man on the internet moan about how his party was racist.

Based on that, I think it's pretty clear who most rational people would believe.
    Well they certainly wouldn't believe sunak as he's clearly been lying about HS2 for months

The tory party faithful are a right racist bunch and always have been

Well they certainly wouldn't believe sunak as he's clearly been lying about HS2 for months

The tory party faithful are a right racist bunch and always have been
    Do you think policy decisions are made on the day they are announced?

Is that why the EHRC investigated the Conservative party for antisemitism a year or two ago?

Wasn't that one of Sunak's claims?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Wasn't that one of Sunak's claims?
    Policies aren't announced until they are announced. Some things can be pulled at the last minute and I suspect they took a long time to make such a big decision.

I dunno. Think about it as if you are choosing what car to buy. You probably know you will go for the red Nissan rather than the green Toyota, but until you actually do it, it is still up in the air.

We all know how govts work in practice, don't we?

Is that why the EHRC investigated the Conservative party for antisemitism a year or two ago?
    There you go again defending the fecjers !

Unbelievable brass neck

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What was that all about yesterday where a Tory delegate at his own party’s conference gets thrown out by security staff and the police for audibly disagreeing with Braverman during her speech - he was not heckling, just speaking in a normal voice and there’s a video of him being physically marched down the street outside the conference hall. Why? What law was he breaking to deserve being treated like that? The party of individual freedom apparently has a problem with party members who express views different to the Home Secretary and let’s not forget those Republicans who were arrested before they got a chance to demonstrate during King Charles’ Coronation.
    Utterly predictably, not a word on this from the Tories on here. I suppose they’ve got bigger things on their minds, like how to stop Labour implementing their dastardly fifteen minute cities, seven different rubbish bags, banning and taxing meat, banning cars and telling us when we can go shopping policies - the thing is the Tories will have to get into power to do that, oh hang on.

Also, did anyone see Penny Mordaunt, who I think of as one of the more sensible ones, ranting on about standing up and fighting?

Utterly predictably, not a word on this from the Tories on here. I suppose they’ve got bigger things on their minds, like how to stop Labour implementing their dastardly fifteen minute cities, seven different rubbish bags, banning and taxing meat, banning cars and telling us when we can go shopping policies - the thing is the Tories will have to get into power to do that, oh hang on.

Also, did anyone see Penny Mordaunt, who I think of as one of the more sensible ones, ranting on about standing up and fighting?
    She's so posh and entitled

What's she on about now ?

Talked of as a future leader

I hope she's in retirement when it happens

Who are we supposed to be fighting? The anti growth alliance? Migrants? The woke hordes? Vegans? Dustbin men/women?

That rant by the transport minister about 15 minute cities shows that part of the Tory party have fallen down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole.

What do you want people to say? I don't think anyone can expect to heckle any speech, be it a grooms speech at a wedding or a political speech at a conference and expect to be removed. We've seen that elsewhere, although I note it's when it happens at a Conservative party conference that the otherwise dormant concern for free speech rises to the surface!

It was probably a little overzealous, but we don't know what happened before. Maybe he had been warned? Either way, it's not a huge story, because as I say, that's what we would expect to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    That rant by the transport minister about 15 minute cities shows that part of the Tory party have fallen down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole.
    Hang on a moment..

You do realise that Oxford Council (Labour run) did undertake this. £6.5m cost, camera recognition, fines and permits allowing you to use certain roads 100 times in a year etc

It wasn't made up.

What the latest is with it, I don't know, but the fact others aren't rushing to do it is probably down to the kind of pushback you are criticising.

I do agree that the general concept of 15 minute cities is misunderstood, but equally the principle was used by Oxford Council to implement some pretty draconian policies.

Why so judgemental? If not making comments on the Prime Minister based on his skin colour, you are making judgements on Penny Mordaunt based on her upbringing..

..which incidentally I think you know nothing about. You should read up on it. She had an interesting first 20 or so years of life.

As the party you vote for moves further to the right sunak and people from minority backgrounds will be shown the door
    Im not entirely sure of the number of ethnic minority in the Cabinet - but it looks pretty high to me.
    Whereas the last 3 Labour leaders have all come from the same square mile in London, all white, all middle aged and all rather dull.
    At least the Lib Dems have a non binary / bi women who shares the job... There is always Eddie Suzy Izzard on the Labour side but he/she/they isnt an MP yet

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Im not entirely sure of the number of ethnic minority in the Cabinet - but it looks pretty high to me.
    Whereas the last 3 Labour leaders have all come from the same square mile in London, all white, all middle aged and all rather dull.
    At least the Lib Dems have a non binary / bi women who shares the job... There is always Eddie Suzy Izzard on the Labour side but he/she/they isnt an MP yet
    Fear not. As we speak comrade Sludge will be continuing his antiracism drive by travelling from Cowbridge to Manchester to personally inform Rishi Sunak, James Cleverly, Suella Braverman, Claire Coutunho and Kemi Badenoch of his research that shows that they are mere stooges and that in reality they are being used by a bunch of racists.

What do you want people to say? I don't think anyone can expect to heckle any speech, be it a grooms speech at a wedding or a political speech at a conference and expect to be removed. We've seen that elsewhere, although I note it's when it happens at a Conservative party conference that the otherwise dormant concern for free speech rises to the surface!

It was probably a little overzealous, but we don't know what happened before. Maybe he had been warned? Either way, it's not a huge story, because as I say, that's what we would expect to happen.
    Well, at least you tried I suppose. How old are you? Maybe you can’t remember the time when real heckling, not what you’re calling heckling here, was par for the course at Labour conferences in particular. I assume there’s a “not” missing from your message, but what about the free speech your lot are always banging on about? It all seems a little selective as to how and when the right to free speech can be exercised and who is allowed to use it.

Who are we supposed to be fighting? The anti growth alliance? Migrants? The woke hordes? Vegans? Dustbin men/women?
    What a load of bollocks

That was pathetic with fake tears thrown in

Fear not. As we speak comrade Sludge will be continuing his antiracism drive by travelling from Cowbridge to Manchester to personally inform Rishi Sunak, James Cleverly, Suella Braverman, Claire Coutunho and Kemi Badenoch of his research that shows that they are mere stooges and that in reality they are being used by a bunch of racists.
    You got a mate in pipster

He's almost as rapidly tory as you

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    The ethnic minority representatives in the cabinet are all posh and privileged

They will be thrown aside in time

Well, at least you tried I suppose. How old are you? Maybe you can’t remember the time when real heckling, not what you’re calling heckling here, was par for the course at Labour conferences in particular. I assume there’s a “not” missing from your message, but what about the free speech your lot are always banging on about? It all seems a little selective as to how and when the right to free speech can be exercised and who is allowed to use it.
    I don't have a 'lot' Bob. There's no need to be binary and party political.

We all know that if you go to an event like that and call out then you will very likely be removed. People who do it know so too, and they heckle in the knowledge that they will be removed. Like I said, seemed a little overzealous, but we don't know if he had been previously asked to keep quiet or not.

You got a mate in pipster

He's almost as rapidly tory as you
    Calling you out for talking pseudo racist nonsense and being obsessed with people's skin colours doesn't make someone a Tory, Sludge. It makes them sensible.

Calling you out for talking pseudo racist nonsense and being obsessed with people's skin colours doesn't make someone a Tory, Sludge. It makes them sensible.
    There's nothing pseudo about the Tories using privileged people from the ethnic minorities to do their dirty work for them

They wheel these people out and the likes of you cheer and say look at our party ..!

Aren't we great !?

Stool Pidgeon