+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U2 - The Sphere, Stupid Ticket Prices

U2 - The Sphere, Stupid Ticket Prices

I used to like U2 when they were good, up until the Joshua Tree. I know they'll be haters on here but the JT remains one of my fave albums ever.

I sneaked in at St Davids Hall and caught a tiny bit of their performance in 'maybe 81/82' ? Their show at the Sphere looks amazing and I would have loved to have gone but the cheapest tickets are over £400 for a restricted view.

That's obscene !

Re: U2 - The Sphere, Stupid Ticket Prices

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    I used to like U2 when they were good, up until the Joshua Tree. I know they'll be haters on here but the JT remains one of my fave albums ever.

I sneaked in at St Davids Hall and caught a tiny bit of their performance in 'maybe 81/82' ? Their show at the Sphere looks amazing and I would have loved to have gone but the cheapest tickets are over £400 for a restricted view.

That's obscene !
    83 St David's Hall I think

Joshua Tree was immense but about their peak

Bad is a fantastic song , especially live , great guitar

They should retire now though

I used to love them until Bono crawled up his own arsehole.
    Yer Joshua tree was the end of it for me.

I agree, Bad is my favorite U2 track, however Streets Has No Name deserves some volume too.

I agree, Bad is my favorite U2 track, however Streets Has No Name deserves some volume too.
    One of the best intros to a song you’ll hear. My own favourite- One

There are tickets going for over $1000, apparently. Would you go and see anyone for that amount of money?

The average price is $950 per ticket. Criminal.

That's obscene !
    Not only £400 for a ticket but the obscene 'theft' booking fee on top as well. It's the reason I have stopped going to gigs. The tickets are expensive enough without having to pay a 'theft fee' on top.

At the time I thought Joshua Tree was a great album. Nearly 40 years on and I'm not so sure. Caught them live at the Arms Park in July '87 by climbing over the wall, they were pretty good that night. However, the band have definitely reached their sell by date

They definitely peaked at the Joshua Tree, with Rattle and Hum and Zooropa not bad afterwards. Bit too mainstream after that.

I can't stand U2 and this is part of the reason. Such hypocritical tossers

I would pay 200 quid to see TOOL but that would be that and not if it was in London

That place is the centre of death and evil

the sphere looks like an insane venue though . maybe they can build one in the bay instead of a conference centre

I got. Olivia rodrigo tickets for next year, by the time I got through the queue, could only get £160 each seats, silly prices imho

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    the sphere looks like an insane venue though . maybe they can build one in the bay instead of a conference centre
    it'll take them too long to build, what with the builders and delivery lorries only being able to drive at 20mph

When I was in Belfast around the time of the Anglo Irish agreement or something like that U2 played an open air concert in the city centre. I sat on the grass with my wife and family but we were on the wrong side of the fence (couldn't get tickets). The stage was about 20-50 yards away. Heard the music, saw the lights, but didn't see the band. I also remember my sister telling my she went to see them at the Top Rank on Queen Street before they were famous.

That's obscene !
    I've seen them twice, 2005 and 2009, purely for anything they play pre-1997 - Joshua Tree is one of my all-time favourite albums, but honourable mentions for Achtung Baby! and Pop (actually a decent album).

The footage on social media of the Sphere show looks amazing - I have a tendency to pay something stupid if I find myself in the right place at the right time - but sadly no Vegas trips are upcoming.

I saw a band from a similar era at the Albert Hall a couple of weeks ago, Echo and the Bunnymen - despite not understanding anything Ian McCullough said between songs, they were ace - and the hall is a great venue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Thornton View Post
    I've seen them twice, 2005 and 2009, purely for anything they play pre-1997 - Joshua Tree is one of my all-time favourite albums, but honourable mentions for Achtung Baby! and Pop (actually a decent album).

The footage on social media of the Sphere show looks amazing - I have a tendency to pay something stupid if I find myself in the right place at the right time - but sadly no Vegas trips are upcoming.

I saw a band from a similar era at the Albert Hall a couple of weeks ago, Echo and the Bunnymen - despite not understanding anything Ian McCullough said between songs, they were ace - and the hall is a great venue.
    Bought tickets to see Echo and the Bunnymen in Barcelona late last year , wankers cancelled , fortunately Barcelona was amazing .
    Saw them at Bearded Theory Festival this year , totally amazing in a relatively small tent was about 3 or 4 from the front.
    Tickets to see anyone who is any good or has a good reputation will start at £100 and up to £200.
    Not a great U2 Fan but would pay the asking price for the experience .

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    it'll take them too long to build, what with the builders and delivery lorries only being able to drive at 20mph
    Which route are you sending them?

Quote Originally Posted by celever View Post
    When I was in Belfast around the time of the Anglo Irish agreement or something like that U2 played an open air concert in the city centre. I sat on the grass with my wife and family but we were on the wrong side of the fence (couldn't get tickets). The stage was about 20-50 yards away. Heard the music, saw the lights, but didn't see the band. I also remember my sister telling my she went to see them at the Top Rank on Queen Street before they were famous.
    If my memory serves me right I think they were supporting Stiff Little Fingers

International

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    They build these places in London and there nothing ever gets over 20 MPH.

saw them on the October tour 82/83 paid about 7 quid. Can't argue with that cos they were good back then. i wouldn't pay 50p to see them today. Rather watch a new band with energy.

Here you go. Save yourself the entry fee

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Here you go. Save yourself the entry fee

Got to +4 minutes of the above and concluded that I wouldn't pay £4 never mind £400!

not my cup of tea but maybe a few on here interested in the manics and Suede at Cardiff castle next year

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-...dline-27853483

Ticket prices are ridiculous these days. Last year I paid $150 to see Echo & The Bunnymen. Right when tickets "became available". Got to the gig some months later and the venue was selling tickets for $49. Taylor Swift just toured and tickets for the New York shows were going for thousands. I think I read $9000 somewhere. I saw the Damned last year and tickets were only available on a specific app. They were only resaleable on that same app and only for face value. Great show too. In a basement club.