Match Officials:

Referee: GAVIN WARD
    Assistants: Adam Crysell and Lee Venamore
    Fourth Official : Benjamin Speedie

Tickets:

https://tickets.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/

Last game:

Middlesbrough 2 - 0 Cardiff City
    Cardiff City: Alnwick, Ng, Goutas, McGuinness, Ralls, Siopis, Adams (Romeo 70’), Wintle (Robinson 66’), Tanner (Ugbo 60’), Grant, Etete (R. Colwill 70’). Subs: Runarsson, Romeo, Panzo, Rinomhota, Sawyers, Evans.

Sunderland 2 - 0 Watford
    Watford: Bachmann; Ngakia (Andrews ht), Porteous, Hoedt, Lewis; Sierralta; Louza (Rajovic 75), Dele-Bashiru (Kone 61); Ince (Asprilla ht), Bayo, Chakvetadze (Healey 61). Subs: Hamer, Livermore, Pollock, Kayembe

Opposition manager:

Valerien Ismael

Re: CARDIFF CITY v WATFORD. Match thread

Just reading a report from Watford's defeat last night at Sunderland and they sound shocking.

They last kept a clean sheet and won a game away on January 2nd. They've conceded in every away game since and not won any of them. They've also lost their last three games.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Just reading a report from Watford's defeat last night at Sunderland and they sound shocking.

They last kept a clean sheet and won a game away on January 2nd. They've conceded in every away game since and not won any of them. They've also lost their last three games.
    Why oh why did you read that Mackem report

Nice to have an ex City goalie reffing

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

I watched part of it. Watford got forward a lot more than we did at Sunderland and I thought they looked the slightly better side untilSunderland went one up. Once they conceded though, they had little to offer. Apparently, Ishmael kept the press waiting for two hours while he read the riot act in the dressing room afterwards, if he doesn’t get a reaction after that,the owners could have to pay out a fortune in compensation for the man who they gave a new contract to yesterday.

Feels big this. Will determine the mood going into the international break. Can't wait

Alnwick

Ng
    McGuinness
    Goutas
    Collins

Siopis
    Ralls
    Colwill

Robinson
    Ugbo
    Grant

0-0

I can see Robbo coming into the team, but I think Tanner will start. Colwill still on bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Alnwick

Ng
    McGuinness
    Goutas
    Collins

Siopis
    Ralls
    Colwill

Robinson
    Ugbo
    Grant

0-0
    The only change I'd make to your lineup is I'd accommodate Tanner for Ugbo.

Alnick

NG
    McGuiness
    Gotas
    Collins (if not Panzo)

Ralls
    Siopis

Tanner
    Robinson
    Grant

Ugbo

That's not far from the starting X1.
    City 2-0

city 2-1 win

bowen & moore to get us in the mood

MATCH FACTS

• Cardiff City won their last league game against Watford in April, last enjoying consecutive victories over the Hornets in March 2010 in a run of three.
    • Watford have won their last four away league games against Cardiff, scoring 13 goals across these victories, although they haven't kept a clean sheet in any.
    • Cardiff have won each of their last four home league games, as many as in their previous 22 (D7 L11); it's their longest such run since winning seven consecutive games between January/March 2018 under Neil Warnock.
    • Watford have won four of their last six league trips to Wales (L2), though did lose the most recent visit 4-0 to Swansea in December 2022; their heaviest defeat there in the Football League since December 1974.
    • Iké Ugbo has been directly involved in more goals than any other Cardiff player in the Championship this season (4 - three goals, one assist), but hasn't scored or assisted since netting against Sheffield Wednesday in August.

Didn't realise Rhys Healey had gone to Watford, until looking through the expected line-ups last night.

They are on the ropes….hope we take it too them

F71ZP5kWAAEk6rK.jpg

That's a decent team!

3-2 City

Expected line up.

Alnwick; Ng, McGuinness, Goutas, Collins; Siopis, Ralls, Wintle; Tanner, Ugbo, Grant.

Subs: Runarssson, Panzo, Romeo, Sawyers, Adams, R. Colwill, Evans, Bowler, Robinson.

Good to see Collins back and Bowler on the bench. Would still like a more ambitious midfield though.

Yes as expected. Dont really know why neither of Robinson or Colwill don't start

Great to see Collins back.
    Also Bowler on the bench.

I’d really like to see that midfield 3 shaken up though and play either Ralls or Wintle, not both.

Probably going to get pelters for this, but if not Collins or Robinson…I wouldn’t be averse to Sawyers in the advanced role.
    I guess though, EB wants somebody there who can put in the pressing work alongside Ugbo.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Yes as expected. Dont really know why neither of Robinson or Colwill don't start
    I think he just likes that Wintle covers more ground. I get why Colwil doesn’t start but I’m surprised Robinson hasn’t got more game time, he really doesn’t seem to rate him.

Watford make 4 changes. Fans not happy, but we will see. Healey on bench.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I think he just likes that Wintle covers more ground. I get why Colwil doesn’t start but I’m surprised Robinson hasn’t got more game time, he really doesn’t seem to rate him.
    Agreed.

It does seem a bit strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Agreed.

It does seem a bit strange.
    I had understood that Robinson was to be cover for Ramsey from the start of the season. Guess Robbo's injury put paid to that and Bulit has had a rethink.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I had understood that Robinson was to be cover for Ramsey from the start of the season. Guess Robbo's injury put paid to that and Bulit has had a rethink.
    Yes quite.

So where does Colwill fit in then?