+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any one still have a landline and broadband package ?

Re: Any one still have a landline and broadband package ?

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    Well there's the precis.

We're with BT. My understanding is that if we don't do anything we will keep our landline number. We can pay for internet and 'phone or internet only. There's a difference in price. It's up to us to work out how much use we do make of our landline and how much it will now cost. It could be cheaper to transfer (port) the number to a VOIP provider.
    We would then change to internet only.

But long and short, for us, doing nothing means it will all still work.
    I am with plusnet , owned by BT

Plusnet are not doing new broadband and phone packages .....but BT are

If I change provider to say BT I will have to pay Plusnet , owned by BT, a fee for leaving them to go to the people who own them

It's all cobblers

So I am going to stay with Plusnet if I can and see if I can find someone to keep my number with this VOIP

But it's a load of crap I could do without to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I am with plusnet , owned by BT

Plusnet are not doing new broadband and phone packages .....but BT are

If I change provider to say BT I will have to pay Plusnet , owned by BT, a fee for leaving them to go to the people who own them

It's all cobblers

So I am going to stay with Plusnet if I can and see if I can find someone to keep my number with this VOIP

But it's a load of crap I could do without to be honest
    stick as you are and let them make the decision

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    stick as you are and let them make the decision
    The decision will be you can move to bt if you like but it will cost you to break the contract and if you move the contract with bt will be more expensive

It's absolute bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The decision will be you can move to bt if you like but it will cost you to break the contract and if you move the contract with bt will be more expensive

It's absolute bollocks
    Just run your contract down and near the end, get a free voipfone VOIP connection with one of many providers (even if a new number). No standing charges, .....only pay for what you use.....1p/minute calls to landlines (10p/minute to mobiles).

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Just run your contract down and near the end, get a free voipfone VOIP connection with one of many providers (even if a new number). No standing charges, .....only pay for what you use.....1p/minute calls to landlines (10p/minute to mobiles).
    I am going to be moving in about 3 months , there's a year of my contract left

If I can't keep my number then I won't bother , I certainly don't want a new one

i have a landline in my package as it was cheaper to have it but ive not used or had a phone for over 10 years in the house lol

i keep telling them to take the service off and then they want to put the service cost up

now they want to come to the house to install a new line for the phone i dont have or use HAHAA

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    i have a landline in my package as it was cheaper to have it but ive not used or had a phone for over 10 years in the house lol

i keep telling them to take the service off and then they want to put the service cost up

now they want to come to the house to install a new line for the phone i dont have or use HAHAA
    I use mine and rarely use my mobile as the signal is shite here so I would love them to turn up and do that the clowns