Thread: 40 Killed In Hamas Attacks In Israel

Re: 40 Killed In Hamas Attacks In Israel

Someone else fond of quoting from the Old Testament:

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20...cid=d28a8bae61

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Someone else fond of quoting from the Old Testament:

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20...cid=d28a8bae61
    F*ck me Jon that's a hard read. The BTL comments are shocking too. One example: 'What a nonsensical interpretation. You have an obligation to kill before someone comes to kill you, The obligation to turn the other cheek is Christian and contrary to Jewish teachings or even the teaching of JC'.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    F*ck me Jon that's a hard read. The BTL comments are shocking too. One example: 'What a nonsensical interpretation. You have an obligation to kill before someone comes to kill you, The obligation to turn the other cheek is Christian and contrary to Jewish teachings or even the teaching of JC'.
    Certainly shocking I agree, as are many things outside our own culture and current values.
    We are all conditioned to think and act as though our own cultures are THE 'compass' for all human behaviour. Yet even what we did as a culture within recent generations would be unthinkable now. A radio five-live debate this morning highlighted how we view Ukraine/ Russia conflict is somewhat dependant on how far back we look at the history of both countries; and this is also true in most of the other conflicts worldwide, with Palestine being no exception.

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    Certainly shocking I agree.
    Fixed it. That's all that was needed.

Fixed it. That's all that was needed.
    Agreed

If you've an hour to spare, this is well worth a watch - the hoops I was put through by You Tube before I could view it are definitely justified though , it's not an easy watch.

https://www.reddit.com/r/interestingas****/s/5COWBFhknF

this is purportedly in Gaza but I haven't been able to find confirmation.

while far from being the worst things you can see from the region I still found it a really hard watch, that poor kid.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If you've an hour to spare, this is well worth a watch - the hoops I was put through by You Tube before I could view it are definitely justified though , it's not an easy watch.

I wish everyone would watch that. Watch it critically, but watch it. It is a small corrective to almost 6 months of news output that overwhelmingly has amplified (uncritically) the Israeli propaganda machine - and co-opted Blinken, Biden etc so successfully (where their rowing back and retraction of the most blatant lies has never been given media attention).

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I wish everyone would watch that. Watch it critically, but watch it. It is a small corrective to almost 6 months of news output that overwhelmingly has amplified (uncritically) the Israeli propaganda machine - and co-opted Blinken, Biden etc so successfully (where their rowing back and retraction of the most blatant lies has never been given media attention).
    well done Bob for posting that. I agree with Jon's reply too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/interestingas****/s/5COWBFhknF

this is purportedly in Gaza but I haven't been able to find confirmation.

while far from being the worst things you can see from the region I still found it a really hard watch, that poor kid.
    I have to steel myself to stay up-to-date with so much of this. I find I have to mentally, be in the 'right' place so as not to want to sleep and cover myself with a duvet for days.

Israel-Gaza war live: UN security council passes immediate ceasefire resolution; US ‘disappointed’ after Israel cancels visit.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/li...le-east-latest
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 25-03-24 at 18:22. Reason: Added headline

Israel-Gaza war live: UN security council passes immediate ceasefire resolution; US ‘disappointed’ after Israel cancels visit.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/li...le-east-latest
    Looking from the outside (always a limited view to some extent until all the facts are usually made known to the world long after the event) Israel is pushing the countries to the limit who are still standing with them to a lesser or greater extent.
    They are possibly moving much closer to the final scenario where all goverments will try to act against them by force; of course this could be a distant prelude to that final event, or it may not be.

That final event being the one that is predicted in the bible?

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    That final event being the one that is predicted in the bible?
    By God, who has a 100% success rate in such matters.

I see Trump is now selling his own bibles.

You might be getting a couple of ccmb converts soon, truthpaste.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

We all need a Saviour and he isn't Mr Trump, all people need to do is to test all things and see where that leads them.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

Watch it. Truthpaste will be pointing to the perfectly good Trump thread over there. I had my wrists slapped for daring to swerve the Dark Clouds thread.

....and yeah. We need a God thread. The guys at CERN can chip in.

By God, who has a 100% success rate in such matters.
    Rubbish. I'm sure He/She/It went out on penalties to Baal last time!

(Can the fairy tale pushers please stop hijacking this thread? You can talk to yourselves on the Fundamentalist one )

So Truthpaste, are you still supporting Israel's actions? Or have you changed your mind like everybody else seems to be doing?

And have you watched the YouTube video posted above yet?

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    So Truthpaste, are you still supporting Israel's actions? Or have you changed your mind like everybody else seems to be doing?
    Well first of all there are no shortage of people who wouldn't need to switch sides because they were never going to stand by the descendants of Abraham even if they were the last race on Earth.
    Secondly while I stand by Israel and always will, I acknowledge that throughout their history they have often acted in a fashion that is unacceptable; and so just like a parent that stands with their child irrespective of their triumphs, failures or mistakes, I do the same but would confess that this doesn't mean I say they are constantly in the right because of my stance.
    There are two other factors here:-
    1. Hamas have planned and played the world re this whole saga long before October 2023. They planned very carefully and cunningly for the events happening now in great detail, and the reaction that would come as Israel fought for guaranteed boarder peace for their citizens and of course the lives of the hostages that still potentially remain alive.
    2. Hopefully there will come a point (sooner rather than later we pray) when the full truth will emerge re EVERY aspect of this conflict, from planning the attack, the defence, and the use of Palestinian citizens by Hamas in achieving their long term goal, mainly turning as much of the world against Israel which will (they think) help them get what they have always wanted, the total extermination of the Jews.

Well first of all there are no shortage of people who wouldn't need to switch sides because they were never going to stand by the descendants of Abraham even if they were the last race on Earth.
    Secondly while I stand by Israel and always will, I acknowledge that throughout their history they have often acted in a fashion that is unacceptable; and so just like a parent that stands with their child irrespective of their triumphs, failures or mistakes, I do the same but would confess that this doesn't mean I say they are constantly in the right because of my stance.
    1. Hamas have planned and played the world re this whole saga long before October 2023. They planned very carefully and cunningly for the events happening now in great detail, and the reaction that would come as Israel fought for guaranteed boarder peace for their citizens and of course the lives of the hostages that still potentially remain alive.
    2. Hopefully there will come a point (sooner rather than later we pray) when the full truth will emerge re EVERY aspect of this conflict, from planning the attack, the defence, and the use of Palestinian citizens by Hamas in achieving their long term goal, mainly turning as much of the world against Israel which will (they think) help them get what they have always wanted, the total extermination of the Jews.
    That's a 'yes' then.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/642695/...tion-gaza.aspx

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- After narrowly backing Israel’s military action in Gaza in November, Americans now oppose the campaign by a solid margin. Fifty-five percent currently disapprove of Israel’s actions, while 36% approve.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/c2vdnvdg6xxt
    Hope this shows their true motives.
    Last edited by jeepster; 28-03-24 at 09:37. Reason: can not brinf up the post

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/c2vdnvdg6xxt
    Hope this shows their true motives.
    Could not get the correct report,showing that Israel settlers are all ready to move into Gazza.