Thread: 40 Killed In Hamas Attacks In Israel

Re: 40 Killed In Hamas Attacks In Israel

Quote Originally Posted by + the native hipster View Post
    ???
    He meant Israel

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    He meant Israel
    some people don't need i's dotted to understand the meaning, but they can question the concept of a Jewish nation being pro nazi

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Israel have been taking over Palestinian homes for years, and bombing civilians in Gaza for decades, some of the videos I’ve been sent as absolutely hideous. Peace and security for both sides is the only resolution.
    Absolutely right.

But there is no process to achieve peace and security for both sides. Just continuing ethnic cleansing, land grabs, imprisonment without trial and continued murder of Palestinian civilians at the hands of the IDF and armed settlers. Most of which gets little or no media interest and even less political reaction from western governments.

some people don't need i's dotted to understand the meaning, but they can question the concept of a Jewish nation being pro nazi
    Always good to question.

I don’t think the term Nazi is appropriate but elements of the current Israeli government are fascist. Many leading figures in Palestinian Zionism in the late 20s and early 30s (especially leaders of the Stern Gang and Irgun - and others) admired Mussolini. That current of thought has continued up to now.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Always good to question.

I don’t think the term Nazi is appropriate but elements of the current Israeli government are fascist. Many leading figures in Palestinian Zionism in the late 20s and early 30s (especially leaders of the Stern Gang and Irgun - and others) admired Mussolini. That current of thought has continued up to now.
    as Canada has demonstrated shouting nazi at everyone is a bit silly, ultimately all states are facist , left or right they want you to comply to total state control

Why?

as Canada has demonstrated shouting nazi at everyone is a bit silly, ultimately all states are facist , left or right they want you to comply to total state control
    A left leaning state could conceivably be totalitarian, and that's not necessarily a bad thing by any means, but it's a non sequitur to suggest they could be fascist.

A left leaning state could conceivably be totalitarian, and that's not necessarily a bad thing by any means, but it's a non sequitur to suggest they could be fascist.
    fascist ; total state control , totalitarian ; total state control vive le differance

Wtf are you saying here? A left-wing totalitarian state isn't a bad thing?

Confirm what you mean please

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

it's ok when we do it ?

it's ok when we do it ?
    Exactly. I can't work out what he means. I don't have much time for left wing politics nowadays but at least they normally mean wellm

Exactly. I can't work out what he means. I don't have much time for left wing politics nowadays but at least they normally mean wellm
    Gosh that's surprising, a lot of people will be devastated to find out you don't have much time for left wing types

There's going to be a lot of distress over this revelation

What brought this on ?

It's so unexpected

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Gosh that's surprising, a lot of people will be devastated to find out you don't have much time for left wing types

There's going to be a lot of distress over this revelation

What brought this on ?

It's so unexpected
    i'm more upset that that mr dorcus claims to be a total state control facist, thats my job!!!

i'm more upset that that mr dorcus claims to be a total state control facist, thats my job!!!
    Dorcas / Dorcus is Sludge's female alter ego.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    There is only one of me

It's often been much maligned by the right like yourself. It puts egalitarianism first and that's the basis for a fair and just society. It also keeps a brake on greed and exploitation. Thoroughly worthwhile in my opinion.

You obviously need to go back to primary school Hip. You haven't a clue what the word fascist means. There's a lot of truth in the old adage "empty vessels make the most noise".

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    And you are just a thick annoying little Knut!

It's often been much maligned by the right like yourself. It puts egalitarianism first and that's the basis for a fair and just society. It also keeps a brake on greed and exploitation. Thoroughly worthwhile in my opinion.
    Unbelievable! Its much maligned due to the absence of rights, democracy, fair trials, free media, as well as being economically disastrous and leading to lower living standards. Oh and they shot you for trying to leave.

If the state has you up against the wall with a rifle to your back it doesn't matter if they are waving a black flag or a red one.

Unbelievable! Its much maligned due to the absence of rights, democracy, fair trials, free media, as well as being economically disastrous and leading to lower living standards. Oh and they shot you for trying to leave.

If the state has you up against the wall with a rifle to your back it doesn't matter if they are waving a black flag or a red one.
    With your hatred of anything left wing it was a sure bet you'd come up with this anticipated crap

With your hatred of anything left wing it was a sure bet you'd come up with this anticipated crap
    Preposterous statement. Stop justifying the absolutely and totally unjustifiable. How can you possibly defend and support what went on in places behind the iron curtain. Ridiculous

Preposterous statement. Stop justifying the absolutely and totally unjustifiable. How can you possibly defend and support what went on in places behind the iron curtain. Ridiculous
    How can you possibly justify the actions of pinochet , defended by Thatcher?

Spain

Franco

Fascist

Stop being so bloody up your arse you annoying twerp. There have been unsavoury instances of organisational failure on both sides of the curtain. Who in their right mind could justify the horrors perpetrated by the Pinochet government for example, incidentally a person your heroine Thatcher both admired and befriended.

You are just the sort of pig headed know it all pseudo intellectual who actually knows nothing.

I'm not going to provide you with a dissertation on a football message board but suffice to say, humans are able to learn from prior mistakes and it's not beyond human wit to construct improved strategies. Just because some right wing bore like you hates the left wing it doesn't make the project wrong.

I would take a left wing communal state any day over the wretched inequities of capitalism.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    How can you possibly justify the actions of pinochet , defended by Thatcher?
    What the hell are you going on about? Who has justified Pinochet? There is only one person justifying totalitarian regimes here..or do you make that two?!