+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1388

Thread: 40 Killed In Hamas Attacks In Israel

Re: 40 Killed In Hamas Attacks In Israel

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    So you wish all who do not beleive to die,your God is some wonderful thing.
    I wish?
    That statement makes no sense. It's knowledge.
    It's the same as you flagging down a car to tell them a bridge is out between them and their holiday destination, it has nothing to do with you or your opinion or even what you wish, it's about the fact that if they stay on that same route, then they will probably perish.

Quote Originally Posted by truthpaste View Post
    I wish?
    That statement makes no sense. It's knowledge.
    It's the same as you flagging down a car to tell them a bridge is out between them and their holiday destination, it has nothing to do with you or your opinion or even what you wish, it's about the fact that if they stay on that same route, then they will probably perish.
    Well you have your thoughts and i have mine,which i will keep with me until my dying day.

So you wish all who do not beleive to die,your God is some wonderful thing.
    The 'Loving God' creates humans who do not consider there to be sufficient evidence to believe in him, the talking snake and the virgin birth etc and then condemns them to eternal hell as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The 'Loving God' creates humans who do not consider there to be sufficient evidence to believe in him, the talking snake and the virgin birth etc and then condemns them to eternal hell as a result.
    The evidence is Jesus. Either you accept him or reject him. End of discussion.

It's fascinating to me how this subject refuses to go away, considering the vast majority of posters are anti-Christianity. I bet if there was a thread on who has travelled the furthest to watch City play away it would at some point revert to discussing talking snakes or the virgin birth.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    The evidence is Jesus. Either you accept him or reject him. End of discussion.
    Well that says it all.

It's fascinating to me how this subject refuses to go away, considering the vast majority of posters are anti-Christianity. I bet if there was a thread on who has travelled the furthest to watch City play away it would at some point revert to discussing talking snakes or the virgin birth.
    Well as you mention it on the way to

I think you will find that truthpaste probably introduced the religious aspect to this thread. I could be wrong, of course.

Since when was zeal a bad thing?
    Would you choose to watch City with a half hearted fan or someone who follows City with real zeal?
    I'm a half hearted City fan, I attend games under duress if I'm honest.

In regards to my two questions I'm assuming the answer is, yes you are and yes it is?

Well that says it all.
    Indeed it does! Take it or leave it old fruit 😉

I think you will find that truthpaste probably introduced the religious aspect to this thread. I could be wrong, of course.
    Probably but others keep it going. I admire his tenacity though, fair play. I tend to take the "shake the dust off your feet" approach myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I'm a half hearted City fan, I attend games under duress if I'm honest.

In regards to my two questions I'm assuming the answer is, yes you are and yes it is?
    Apathy is a growing attitude; however it holds no appeal for me and when we think back to our education, when we were introduced to a new subject that we knew little or nothing about, it was always the teachers with a passion for the subject that successfully took more pupils with them on that journey.

If a Christian doesn't say anything seen to be religious, you can depend on a skeptic to do so. They will do it to try and reaffirm their own world view. When that world view is unable to be defended or they can't face any questions on it, they (like Jeepster - above) will end the dialogue and retreat.

If a Christian doesn't say anything seen to be religious, you can depend on a skeptic to do so. They will do it to try and reaffirm their own world view. When that world view is unable to be defended or they can't face any questions on it, they (like Jeepster - above) will end the dialogue and retreat.
    No retreat just can not reason with religious freak.

No retreat just can not reason with religious freak.
    1. I've never presented RELIGION as an answer for anything.

2. Your last comment makes no sense, because speaking to friends, family or others (like those here) who have yet to trust in Christ I only discuss verified facts when it comes to a world view. So for you to say my faith is a barrier is invalid.
    If you ARE able to support your world view (the origin of life, the reason for life and anything beyond this life) apart from the Bible via verified evidence then fire away.

If you cannot then you have no reasonable grounds to criticise any other viewpoint.

2. Your last comment makes no sense, because speaking to friends, family or others (like those here) who have yet to trust in Christ I only discuss verified facts when it comes to a world view. So for you to say my faith is a barrier is invalid.
    If you ARE able to support your world view (the origin of life, the reason for life and anything beyond this life) apart from the Bible via verified evidence then fire away.

If you cannot then you have no reasonable grounds to criticise any other viewpoint.
    How on earth is anything from the bible verified.?
    Just man made stories about so called miracles.

Back to the topic of the thread for a moment

I see on Al Jazeera news that the Egyptians appear to be building a guarded security enclosure on their side of the wall with Rafah to create a safe space for Palestinian refugees. At last an answer to the question I have been asking for a while - what would Egypt do if there was a sudden mass stampede of refugees when the IDF start their ground invasion of Rafah. They have obviously woken up to the fact that this is a likely scenario. It is good to see fellow Arabs doing something positive. I don't know if they will be able to cope with the likely numbers though but at least this way humanitarian aid can be provided directly to these poor people in a safe environment with less chance of Hamas getting their hands on it.

How on earth is anything from the bible verified.?
    Just man made stories about so called miracles.
    They are verified on a regular basis in many areas of science and history.
    NB: For example, archeologists have actually used the Gospel of Luke and the Book of Acts to assist them in locating many things and they give credit to the meticulous writing of Luke which was the key to them finding many of those historical artifacts.

If you move away from the skeptics (who love to make sweeping assumptions) for a moment and do your own research you will see it very differently. Many former skeptics have published their findings and all of them realise they were completely wrong in their original assumptions.

Here is one article which you will find to be genuine:-

Josh McDowell lists evidences for Luke’s accuracy compiled by Roman historian Colin Hemer, a noted Roman historian: “Specialized details, which would not be known except to a contemporary researcher. . .details include exact titles of officials, identification of army units. . .correlation of dates of known kings and governors within the chronology of the narrative. . .‘undesigned coincidences’ between Acts and the Pauline Epistles. . .off-hand geographical references that bespeak familiarity with common knowledge.”

McDowell notes that many times historians thought Luke was in error on some points, only to be proven wrong by an archaeological discovery. For example:

Luke spoke of Philippi as a “part” or “district” of Macedonia. It was believed he erred because the Greek word meris did not mean “district.” Archaeological evidence unearthed showed, however, that “district” was the exact meaning of the Greek word meris that Luke had used.
    Luke referred to Lysanias the Tetrarch of Abilene in his Gospel. Because the only known Lysanias to historians was killed in 36 B.C., Luke was thought to be in error. Then an inscription was found bearing the name of Lysanias the Tetrarch and dated between 14 and 29 A.D., just at the right time period.
    Luke was thought to be wrong about the census taken at the time of Christ, because critics said there was no evidence of a census and that the governor called Quirinius was in power too late, 6 A.D., to be in his position at the time of Christ. They also stated that it was not required for the people to return to their birth homes. But archaeology showed that in fact these censuses were done regularly and that one was indeed taken at the time of Christ and, furthermore, that Quirinius was governor (or at least an administrator of some type, see footnote #5 below) a second time, in 7 B.C. They also found evidence on a papyrus document showing that during the censuses people were required to return to their own homes and countries.[4][5]
    Luke referred to the Philippian officials as praetors, when some scholars thought the titles should be duumvirs, but archaeological finds showed that in fact praetors was the right title for the Roman magistrates of the colony.
    Luke used the title politarchs for the Thessalonian officials, but since this title was not found in the classical literature Luke was again assumed to be wrong. Then several inscriptions were found that used the title politarchs, and five of them referred to Thessalonica.[6]

There are many more examples of these findings, where Luke was right and the critics were wrong. Everywhere we can check the Bible’s history, it proves reliable. The above excerpt was taken from The Bible Can Be Proven, Chapter 6 entitled “The Shovel doesn’t Lie.”

I see on Al Jazeera news that the Egyptians appear to be building a guarded security enclosure on their side of the wall with Rafah to create a safe space for Palestinian refugees. At last an answer to the question I have been asking for a while - what would Egypt do if there was a sudden mass stampede of refugees when the IDF start their ground invasion of Rafah. They have obviously woken up to the fact that this is a likely scenario. It is good to see fellow Arabs doing something positive. I don't know if they will be able to cope with the likely numbers though but at least this way humanitarian aid can be provided directly to these poor people in a safe environment with less chance of Hamas getting their hands on it.
    If the Palestinian population of Gaza is forced into the Sinai it will be a victory for ethnic cleansing and genocide.

If that happens everything possible should be done to provide food, medicines and shelter - but it must be a temporary situation.

I'm sure Hamas have had their share of the pitiful trickle of aid that has got in to Gaza but that is a footnote to the big picture. The Israeli government has blocked and restricted aid since October, and has colluded with the Israeli settlers and other far right protestors who object to Palestinians eating or drinking clean water and have put up barriers at all the Israeli crossings.

They all want the Gazans in Egyptian territory too - another shameful wave of refugees for the world to ignore.

Hope this happens for those poor people.

They are verified on a regular basis in many areas of science and history.
    NB: For example, archeologists have actually used the Gospel of Luke and the Book of Acts to assist them in locating many things and they give credit to the meticulous writing of Luke which was the key to them finding many of those historical artifacts.

If you move away from the skeptics (who love to make sweeping assumptions) for a moment and do your own research you will see it very differently. Many former skeptics have published their findings and all of them realise they were completely wrong in their original assumptions.

Here is one article which you will find to be genuine:-

Josh McDowell lists evidences for Luke’s accuracy compiled by Roman historian Colin Hemer, a noted Roman historian: “Specialized details, which would not be known except to a contemporary researcher. . .details include exact titles of officials, identification of army units. . .correlation of dates of known kings and governors within the chronology of the narrative. . .‘undesigned coincidences’ between Acts and the Pauline Epistles. . .off-hand geographical references that bespeak familiarity with common knowledge.”

McDowell notes that many times historians thought Luke was in error on some points, only to be proven wrong by an archaeological discovery. For example:

Luke spoke of Philippi as a “part” or “district” of Macedonia. It was believed he erred because the Greek word meris did not mean “district.” Archaeological evidence unearthed showed, however, that “district” was the exact meaning of the Greek word meris that Luke had used.
    Luke referred to Lysanias the Tetrarch of Abilene in his Gospel. Because the only known Lysanias to historians was killed in 36 B.C., Luke was thought to be in error. Then an inscription was found bearing the name of Lysanias the Tetrarch and dated between 14 and 29 A.D., just at the right time period.
    Luke was thought to be wrong about the census taken at the time of Christ, because critics said there was no evidence of a census and that the governor called Quirinius was in power too late, 6 A.D., to be in his position at the time of Christ. They also stated that it was not required for the people to return to their birth homes. But archaeology showed that in fact these censuses were done regularly and that one was indeed taken at the time of Christ and, furthermore, that Quirinius was governor (or at least an administrator of some type, see footnote #5 below) a second time, in 7 B.C. They also found evidence on a papyrus document showing that during the censuses people were required to return to their own homes and countries.[4][5]
    Luke referred to the Philippian officials as praetors, when some scholars thought the titles should be duumvirs, but archaeological finds showed that in fact praetors was the right title for the Roman magistrates of the colony.
    Luke used the title politarchs for the Thessalonian officials, but since this title was not found in the classical literature Luke was again assumed to be wrong. Then several inscriptions were found that used the title politarchs, and five of them referred to Thessalonica.[6]

There are many more examples of these findings, where Luke was right and the critics were wrong. Everywhere we can check the Bible’s history, it proves reliable. The above excerpt was taken from The Bible Can Be Proven, Chapter 6 entitled “The Shovel doesn’t Lie.”
    But none of that proves that God exists though does it?

I don’t think anyone denies that the Bible acts as a historical reference though. It was written in historical times.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    But none of that proves that God exists though does it?

I don’t think anyone denies that the Bible acts as a historical reference though. It was written in historical times.
    Jeepster did when he said - "How on earth is anything from the bible verified.?"

When you look further, then you realise that the human authors could NOT have written all they did alone, they must have had help from a being outside our dimension of time.

Apathy is a growing attitude; however it holds no appeal for me and when we think back to our education, when we were introduced to a new subject that we knew little or nothing about, it was always the teachers with a passion for the subject that successfully took more pupils with them on that journey.
    I admire your passion for your beliefs but when they appear to override compassion, common sense and any humanity towards others you're coming across as I described in an earlier post.

Still, its whatever floats your boat.