+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: As ordinary as I’ve seen Man City for a while.

As ordinary as I’ve seen Man City for a while.

A very tight game decided by a late and lucky goal, but I couldn’t see Man City scoring - they defended pretty well, but they don’t half miss Rodri.

Re: As ordinary as I’ve seen Man City for a while.

I turned it off, very boring anti-football from both sides

There is also KDB missing.

Shame they just won't smack it forward aimlessly and see what happens with the beast they have up top

The Arsenal ‘keeper must have had the highest individual possession stats after today. Seemed like hours that he had the ball on the edge of his area, unchallenged just standing still with it. Our game yesterday was akin to the Real Madrid7 Eintracht Frankfurt3 European Cup Final at Hampden all those years ago compared to Sky’s 4.30 Super Sunday match

They're really missing Gundogan, Mahrez and the injured De Bruyne.

Crap league .
    Boring football.
    Clubs owned by corrupt countrties and institutions.

Turn the crap off stopped feeding the corporate greed...

Power to the City and grassroots football .

I really think any striker worth his salt would have scored for fun like Haaland last season. His all round game is really lacking imo. He’s obvs a great finisher, but does anyone else think it’s the chances that were created for him, that inflated his tally so much. The way Man City were playing. They’re missing mahrez, gundogan etc. even without Rodri and Grealish playing, they’re much weaker.

I think Kane is better than Haaland. Shoot me down.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I really think any striker worth his salt would have scored for fun like Haaland last season. His all round game is really lacking imo. He’s obvs a great finisher, but does anyone else think it’s the chances that were created for him, that inflated his tally so much. The way Man City were playing. They’re missing mahrez, gundogan etc. even without Rodri and Grealish playing, they’re much weaker.

I think Kane is better than Haaland. Shoot me down.
    Ugbo would’ve scored more. Leo would’ve been in triple figures

I don’t know if that’s true, but I think the question of whether Haaland really fits what Pep wants to do is creeping back in.

When everyone is fit he can be a bit of a luxury player running off the last defender and banging them in because that midfield is so ridiculous they can knock it around like Pep wants to even without their striker touching the ball a bunch, but now they have a few key injuries it’s definitely not clicking like he would hope.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A very tight game decided by a late and lucky goal, but I couldn’t see Man City scoring - they defended pretty well, but they don’t half miss Rodri.
    It seemed an odd starting midfield line up nevertheless with Bernardo Silva as the holding midfielder player.

Haaland top scorer in the premier league by a mile last season, and already leading the way with 8 in 8 this season.

Yet still people question him.

I'm not questioning him, I've always liked him. His record for Salzburg, Dortmund and Norway prove how deadly he is. But I'm saying any top striker would've hit his numbers last year in that Man City team.

I've watched a few full 90 mins this season and he's been very poor. No impact, touch all over the place and in some games missing a lot of chances.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I'm not questioning him, I've always liked him. His record for Salzburg, Dortmund and Norway prove how deadly he is. But I'm saying any top striker would've hit his numbers last year in that Man City team.

I've watched a few full 90 mins this season and he's been very poor. No impact, touch all over the place and in some games missing a lot of chances.
    That’s just opinion though and the facts say otherwise. To just say it was the chances created rather than the finisher himself is quite insulting to someone with his goal ratio, not just for city but throughout his whole career thus far. He’s practically averaging a goal a game in his senior career.

He’s even got a goal a game ratio at international level with little ol Norway ffs

I think that plenty of people see Haaland as a bit of a power freak on top of a brilliant footballer. That's why questions sometimes arise about him, which I just don't understand, although people are entitled too their opinion. I don't think that he gets enough credit for how intelligent he is. He is probably the best player in the world (in my opinion) at knowing completely what he is brilliant at and how his body works. Lee peltier a close second....

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post

Shame they just won't smack it forward aimlessly and see what happens with the beast they have up top
    An advocate of Warnockball
    No no that won't do

International

Evan Man City miss their best players, and with De Bryune and Rhodri out, it was bound to affect them.