+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Where to advertise car?

O/T Where to advertise car?

Advice appreciated please.....

Looking to sell a low-ish value family car (Bridgend). It's been years since the last one but always by default I used the Western Mail classified ads. Do people still do this or have things moved on in an online world?

I don't have or want a Facebook account to advertise there and I'd rather push it off Southerndown before selling to those sharks at We Buy Any Car. Don't want to pay stupid commissions & don't need a fire sale giveaway.

Best bang for your buck to advertise it?

Cheers.

Re: O/T Where to advertise car?

I think I sold my old car on gumtree about 5 years ago. No idea if that’s still possible.

I tried Auto trader but I just let getting spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Liege'93 View Post

Looking to sell a low-ish value family car (Bridgend). It's been years since the last one but always by default I used the Western Mail classified ads. Do people still do this or have things moved on in an online world?

I don't have or want a Facebook account to advertise there and I'd rather push it off Southerndown before selling to those sharks at We Buy Any Car. Don't want to pay stupid commissions & don't need a fire sale giveaway.

Cheers.
    facebook marketplace is where I sold my last car. Ive found with other markteplace things I have sold - you dont tend to get scammers / time wasters

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    facebook marketplace is where I sold my last car. Ive found with other markteplace things I have sold - you dont tend to get scammers / time wasters
    Facebook's Marketplace has its fair number of scammers.

Facebook marketplace and Gumtree.
    Gumtree less so than a few years ago.
    Not a fan of fb at all, but it seems the most popular by far (without costing anything).
    If you don't want facebook (and I don't blame you!) ask someone to post it on there for you

International

Quote Originally Posted by Liege'93 View Post

Cheers.
    Motorway are not bad, basically, they auction your car to dealers, they give you a reserve price, and the dealer collects and transfers the cash straight into your account.
    Just be straight with the description like dents and warning lights etc, they give you more than part ex and we buy crooks, but a fraction less than a private sale. Worth checking online for an estimated price, if not probably FB market place.

Gumtree with as much information as possible. I'd put it up and say okay to view however the price is not negotiable to avoid the folk who like to bullshit you .

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

I second Motorway.

I sold a Suzuki swift a few months ago. They quoted me £6500. I would have been happy with £6000 so I said ok.
    Car went to auction. I had an email saying it sold for £7100 and the buyer would contact me soon.

Had a call the next day. A collection driver came on Friday at 10 am. He inspected the car talking to someone at the business end. He let me listen to what he was saying so there was no apparent shenanigans.

They agreed the price at 7100. 10 minutes later the money was in my account. He was at my place for about 45 minutes.

I transferred the money out of that account straight away just in case

Very happy with my experience

Leave it on a busy roundabout with some cardboard with a price on it and a phone number.