+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: RFK Jr

RFK Jr

RFK Jr, announced that he is running as an independent candidate for next years US Election.

He is going to be battered by his vaccine stance, which may or may not have some merit.
    From what I understand, he is a proponent of more rigid vaccine safety. Obviously this is going to be a massive talking point during the campaign…but I hope that it doesn’t drown out everything else that he stands for.

He in my mind is an old school democrat that hopes to help stem the country’s crippling political and cultural polarization.

He’s an environmentalist that has successfully battled the likes of Monsanto.

I’m not keen on his stance on Ukraine, but at this early stage in the electoral road, I would probably vote for him given the other options.

Is it conceivable that an independent could win?
    Some are saying that he has the biggest chance of that since Ross Perot.

Re: RFK Jr

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    RFK Jr, announced that he is running as an independent candidate for next years US Election.

He is going to be battered by his vaccine stance, which may or may not have some merit.
    From what I understand, he is a proponent of more rigid vaccine safety. Obviously this is going to be a massive talking point during the campaign…but I hope that it doesn’t drown out everything else that he stands for.

He in my mind is an old school democrat that hopes to help stem the country’s crippling political and cultural polarization.

He’s an environmentalist that has successfully battled the likes of Monsanto.

I’m not keen on his stance on Ukraine, but at this early stage in the electoral road, I would probably vote for him given the other options.

Is it conceivable that an independent could win?
    Some are saying that he has the biggest chance of that since Ross Perot.
    Will he be taking votes off Biden?

That could defeat trump ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

I read somewhere that he takes more from Trump than Biden

I think that he will take votes from both.
    His speech was pretty impressive and I think he will resonate with Millennials and Gen Z.

He was a career environmentalist.
    Regardless of his talk on vaccines, he seems a man of principle.

I think that he will take votes from both.
    His speech was pretty impressive and I think he will resonate with Millennials and Gen Z.

He was a career environmentalist.
    Regardless of his talk on vaccines, he seems a man of principle.
    I would fear that 3 competing for votes , 2 of who are centrist will let in the nutter

I would fear that 3 competing for votes , 2 of who are centrist will let in the nutter
    That is a consideration.
    My wife voted for Nader in the election between Gore and Bush Jr.

He took a lot of votes from Gore but it was who she believed in.

That is a consideration.
    My wife voted for Nader in the election between Gore and Bush Jr.

He took a lot of votes from Gore but it was who she believed in.
    Well wether someone votes for someone they truly believe in or votes whilst holding their nose .....in some cases tactically .....then that's their vote

I am voting Labour because I want the tories out not because I think Starmer has a vision

I think a lot of people may want to vote Kennedy but will vote Biden to keep the lunatic in the back yard ?

Well wether someone votes for someone they truly believe in or votes whilst holding their nose .....in some cases tactically .....then that's their vote

I am voting Labour because I want the tories out not because I think Starmer has a vision

I think a lot of people may want to vote Kennedy but will vote Biden to keep the lunatic in the back yard ?
    Thank god the world and the US is in such a better place under Biden!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Thank god the world and the US is in such a better place under Biden!
    Well said, there's hope for you yet