+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCFC Catering

CCFC Catering

While I was writing a post about attendances, it struck me that one thing that might put people off, is the ridiculous catering prices. I don't very often eat in the ground, as it's way too expensive, but I do have a hot drink occasionally. On the weekend, I bought two hot drinks (coffee, chocolate) and a Twix bar. Total price £9. Nine pounds! Later on and a small bottle of water cost me £2.50. Really?
    Then on the way out, I spotted an advert for a Rambo burger. Burger, bacon, etc = £10. Ten pounds for a burger? You can get the same thing outside the ground for £3. Where do they get these prices from?
    Okay, I know these are all concessions, and the sellers probably have to pay to even be there, which adds to their costs, but still. And I'll moan about the beer while I'm at it. One of the reasons I don't buy any is that they don't sell anything decent. I'd pay for a nice pint, but the price they charge for cheap rubbish is a scandal. That's it - rant over. What do you think?

Re: CCFC Catering

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    While I was writing a post about attendances, it struck me that one thing that might put people off, is the ridiculous catering prices. I don't very often eat in the ground, as it's way too expensive, but I do have a hot drink occasionally. On the weekend, I bought two hot drinks (coffee, chocolate) and a Twix bar. Total price £9. Nine pounds! Later on and a small bottle of water cost me £2.50. Really?
    Then on the way out, I spotted an advert for a Rambo burger. Burger, bacon, etc = £10. Ten pounds for a burger? You can get the same thing outside the ground for £3. Where do they get these prices from?
    Okay, I know these are all concessions, and the sellers probably have to pay to even be there, which adds to their costs, but still. And I'll moan about the beer while I'm at it. One of the reasons I don't buy any is that they don't sell anything decent. I'd pay for a nice pint, but the price they charge for cheap rubbish is a scandal. That's it - rant over. What do you think?
    I’ve never understood why people buy food there. Chips, burgers, etc. most games aren’t lunchtime, and it’s not like the food is really nice or something.

My kids come equipped.

Although I really do like a bottle of 1927.

The burger is excellent but I wouldn’t usually get anything inside the ground. It’s not beyond possibility to eat outside.

I usually buy a pasty and a bottle of water from Lidl on the way in. £2 max.
    Think I paid £3.20 for a coke zero inside the ground- if people think the lager is bad, they should try that instead. Water has more taste.

As far as I recall the catering is subbed out to a company called Compass that signed a new 10 year contract not so long ago

Staffing, prices and quality are all dictated by them who give a kickback to the club

As for the provided service it’s of poor quality of above average prices but financially better for the club than keeping it in house. I wouldn’t buy inside the ground and the club are pretty good in allowing outside items in the ground.

I would have liked the club to have made use of local businesses and vendors but as it stands it’s a non starter. If the Blues end up coming back then perhaps it makes it a bit more cost effective.

Not bought any food or drink in the new stadium. The prices are worse than ridiculous. I can't believe how anyone would pay them.

StT.
    <><

A cup of tea

But that's it

Not sure why anyone would want the food, just eat before or after, it’s only a couple of hours. Assuming it’s a 3pm kick off how many people usually eat at those times anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I wouldn’t buy inside the ground and the club are pretty good in allowing outside items in the ground
    Except booze. It's not comfortable smuggling in a bottle of Grouse between my buttocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Except booze. It's not comfortable smuggling in a bottle of Grouse between my buttocks.
    I am happy to help you in that respect

It's outrageous and it's their own fans they are totally ripping off.

It genuinely amazes me the number of people I see queueing up for stuff just moments before the second half starts. Against Rotherham I sweat it was at least 30m long. Fkn madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Try a Bishop's Finger.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Try a Bishop's Finger.
    Too old for that now.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    I’ve never understood why people buy food there. Chips, burgers, etc. most games aren’t lunchtime, and it’s not like the food is really nice or something.

My kids come equipped.

I thought 1927 was the price.

My kids come equipped.

I usually like a IPA but that stuff, along with all the other beer, is served so cold you can't taste anything.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    As far as I recall the catering is subbed out to a company called Compass that signed a new 10 year contract not so long ago

Staffing, prices and quality are all dictated by them who give a kickback to the club

As for the provided service it’s of poor quality of above average prices but financially better for the club than keeping it in house. I wouldn’t buy inside the ground and the club are pretty good in allowing outside items in the ground.

I would have liked the club to have made use of local businesses and vendors but as it stands it’s a non starter. If the Blues end up coming back then perhaps it makes it a bit more cost effective.
    Please don't tell me that they renewed the contract with Compass I can remember Ridsdale saying that the contract was for ten years when the ground opened, so it would have run out years ago. Compass were the caterers when I worked in the Patent Office and they had a terrible reputation then. While their prices were not the total rip offs that made me decide on day one I would not be buying food and drink in the ground, they were still very expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    I usually like a IPA but that stuff, along with all the other beer, is served so cold you can't taste anything.
    Tyhis is a problem in many pubs - ale shouldn't be served so cold as it usually is - it destroys the taste.
    Lager, on the other hand, should be sold as cold as possible so you can't taste how shit it is.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Please don't tell me that they renewed the contract with Compass I can remember Ridsdale saying that the contract was for ten years when the ground opened, so it would have run out years ago. Compass were the caterers when I worked in the Patent Office and they had a terrible reputation then. While their prices were not the total rip offs that made me decide on day one I would not be buying food and drink in the ground, they were still very expensive.
    Pretty sure they did.

I remember a post on instagram about it but can't find it anymore.

I can see why they sub it out but makes for a pretty awful matchday experience.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I find it shocking, esp as the direction of travel is for making the catering offer in stadiums better, more original, more fan friendly etc.

Like I said, the thing that amazes me is the queues. I wouldn't say I 'boycott' it but I probably buy no more than 1 pint and 2 bottles of water all season. Usually when I'm desperate for the former or my kids are the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I find it shocking, esp as the direction of travel is for making the catering offer in stadiums better, more original, more fan friendly etc.

Like I said, the thing that amazes me is the queues. I wouldn't say I 'boycott' it but I probably buy no more than 1 pint and 2 bottles of water all season. Usually when I'm desperate for the former or my kids are the latter.
    If I’m having a pint it’s before the game for me. Couldn’t be bothered with the queuing either especially if it means missing some of the game

If I’m having a pint it’s before the game for me. Couldn’t be bothered with the queuing either especially if it means missing some of the game
    There's a guy in my row who is often late in because he's finishing his pint; almost always goes out for a pee at about 20 mins; always leaves before HT to get his halftime pint, then he's late for 2nd half, goes out for a pee, leaves early...
    Don't know wgy he bothers with a seat - he's never there!

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Tyhis is a problem in many pubs - ale shouldn't be served so cold as it usually is - it destroys the taste.
    Lager, on the other hand, should be sold as cold as possible so you can't taste how shit it is.

There's a guy in my row who is often late in because he's finishing his pint; almost always goes out for a pee at about 20 mins; always leaves before HT to get his halftime pint, then he's late for 2nd half, goes out for a pee, leaves early...
    Years ago a colleague used to lend me his season ticket for the back of the Bob Bank. There were a group of lads there who did what you describe (except they stood). When they were there they were too busy talking to each other, half of them not facing the pitch, to know what was going on. I wondered why they didn't just go to the pub on a Saturday afternoon.

What row are you in?