+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Croatia v Turkey

Croatia v Turkey

Turkey leading 1-0 at halftime

Re: Croatia v Turkey

..and Croatia are now 4/1..Turkey deserving the win

That’s our qualification hopes through the group gone if that score stays the same!

On Sky 420. Free to watch apparently.

Turks good value for their lead. Got some really good attacking players.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    That’s our qualification hopes through the group gone if that score stays the same!
    We have no chance until we get a manage in place.

Maybe opens up more? Could we beat Croatia too?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Maybe opens up more? Could we beat Croatia too?
    We have to.

Wales had a wonderful blip for a few years and largely due to the influence of Bale. We are simply returning to form.

Turkey (easily the worst team in Euro 2020 two years ago) winning in Croatia shows how quickly fortunes can change in football. Our chances of qualifying in the top two weren’t great anyway, but Armenia losing in Latvia helps us a little while showing how poor we were against the Armenians - Turkey’s win offers proof that Croatia are in a partial decline, but, having won in Turkey, they seem a more effective side away from home these days, the best I can see Wales doing on Sunday is drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    We have to.
    All we’ve got to do is beat Croatia, Armenia and Turkey. No problem

Can't see us finishing 1st or 2nd. We're going to need that Nations League playoff spot to have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Can't see us finishing 1st or 2nd. We're going to need that Nations League playoff spot to have a chance.
    Remind me how that works again . I'm just applying for tickets for euro 2024 through the ballot. I'd do it with much more enthusiasm if I thought we had a decent chance of being there!

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Remind me how that works again . I'm just applying for tickets for euro 2024 through the ballot. I'd do it with much more enthusiasm if I thought we had a decent chance of being there!
    This is what I've been looking at
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA...ying_play-offs

Up to 4 teams from League A (which is what we're in based on our ranking) can go into the playoffs if they don't qualify through their group. At the moment only us and Czechia would need it. Basically I think we just need to hope that the teams above us in League A qualify automatically so we get one of the playoff spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    This is what I've been looking at
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA...ying_play-offs

Up to 4 teams from League A (which is what we're in based on our ranking) can go into the playoffs if they don't qualify through their group. At the moment only us and Czechia would need it. Basically I think we just need to hope that the teams above us in League A qualify automatically so we get one of the playoff spots.
    Great, thank you. I think I've understood that now!

Been dithering about coming down Sunday night and been checking the ticket situation during the week. I see that it is now virtually a sell-out - only a handful of tickets in the family stand left.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    When Wales were in the Euro finals in France I elected in advance to attend a game we were not involved in but also in Bordeaux. It turned out to be Hungary v Austria and I was a bit miffed at people unofficially selling tickets outside the stadium for a fifth of what I paid via the official website.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    When Wales were in the Euro finals in France I elected in advance to attend a game we were not involved in but also in Bordeaux. It turned out to be Hungary v Austria and I was a bit miffed at people unofficially selling tickets outside the stadium for a fifth of what I paid via the official website.
    I did the same and got tickets for the quarter final in Lille 6 months before the tournament. Was very nervous watching the previous round as I really wouldn’t have fancied a Belgium v Northern Ireland quarter final!

Yes, you take your chances with the ballot. We were lucky in 2016 that all the ones we got in addition to our Wales tickets were matches we wanted to go to. They all seemed in high demand on the secondary market and there was no sign of masses of tickets being offloaded cheaply pre-match. You could easily be less lucky though.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    I did the same and got tickets for the quarter final in Lille 6 months before the tournament. Was very nervous watching the previous round as I really wouldn’t have fancied a Belgium v Northern Ireland quarter final!
    I actually meant a tenth and not a fifth!