+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone else think promoting vaping outside the Watford game a bit naughty?

Re: Anyone else think promoting vaping outside the Watford game a bit naughty?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Sorry when you said “harm” I was thinking of internal medical issues to those who use them and those around them who have to inhale the disgusting stuff which we probably won’t know the long term effect of for some time, not to mention the plastic issue to the planet a lot of them new throw away ones.

I didn’t associate “harm” with just violent out bursts.
    You aren't wrong, however I'd be happy to revisit this thread in 25 years time, the medical and sociological effects of vaping will never get near alcohol.

Either blanket ban vaping, smoking and alcohol or don't with any of them. As someone mentioned previously in this thread, gambling could be thrown in as well.

If you're banning vaping and smoking in the name of the NHS, I hope everyone keeps the same energy for booze.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    You aren't wrong, however I'd be happy to revisit this thread in 25 years time, the medical and sociological effects of vaping will never get near alcohol.

Either blanket ban vaping, smoking and alcohol or don't with any of them. As someone mentioned previously in this thread, gambling could be thrown in as well.

If you're banning vaping and smoking in the name of the NHS, I hope everyone keeps the same energy for booze.
    How can you possibly know that, the answer is you can’t.

Responsible and moderate use of alcohol doesn't kill you. All the evidence is that responsible and moderate use of smoking or vaping does kill you. To therefore lump them in altogether is irresponsible. Vapes are also clearly, at least partially, aimed at young people which is illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Responsible and moderate use of alcohol doesn't kill you. All the evidence is that responsible and moderate use of smoking or vaping does kill you. To therefore lump them in altogether is irresponsible. Vapes are also clearly, at least partially, aimed at young people which is illegal.
    While there is evidence that vaping is addictive because of the nicotine content I am not aware of any evidence that vaping kills you. Can you provide a link to the evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    You do need to be 18 and yet I see plenty of clearly under 18s walking around puffing out some bubblegum vapour, it's clearly far more accessible and socially acceptable for them than alcohol. Bright colours and ridiculous flavours don't help.
    You’re right that it’s because it’s more socially acceptable. The same kids will be drinking alcohol, just not in plain sight. I guess really the issue is they need to clamp down on sales to under 18s

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You were so, so, so nearly right to having your first valid point for the first time in recorded CCMB history.

As you were however.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    You’re right that it’s because it’s more socially acceptable. The same kids will be drinking alcohol, just not in plain sight. I guess really the issue is they need to clamp down on sales to under 18s
    This, and it really isn't hard.

Funny people are super passionate about vaping flavours, but aren't bothered about the plethora of flavoured alcoholic beverages with equally bright colours.

Funny people are super passionate about vaping flavours, but aren't bothered about the plethora of flavoured alcoholic beverages with equally bright colours.
    Or the brightly coloured “energy” drinks full of sugar

Yup, Because most people drink Alcohol or abuse it. I couldn't really give a ****, people can do what they like with their money. My only gripe with vaping is that people become addicted to Nicotine and it ends up costing them money. Attitudes are changing, but people seem to think that they can say what they like about smokers or vapers 'Disgusting smelly habit' pissheads get off lightly by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yup, Because most people drink Alcohol or abuse it. I couldn't really give a ****, people can do what they like with their money. My only gripe with vaping is that people become addicted to Nicotine and it ends up costing them money. Attitudes are changing, but people seem to think that they can say what they like about smokers or vapers 'Disgusting smelly habit' pissheads get off lightly by comparison.
    Personally couldn’t care less what people do, if they want to drink, vape, smoke etc, not my place to tell them.

What I don’t want is to breath in other peoples smoke or vaping metal particles. We recently went to the Tom Jones concert at the castle and despite them being banned we had to move 3 times because of vapers, it’s horrid. I’m sure some vapers think they are doing people a favour blowing these apple tart, cotton candy with grapefruit and metal into our lungs but I’d rather not have passive smoke thanks.

Personally couldn’t care less what people do, if they want to drink, vape, smoke etc, not my place to tell them.

What I don’t want is to breath in other peoples smoke or vaping metal particles. We recently went to the Tom Jones concert at the castle and despite them being banned we had to move 3 times because of vapers, it’s horrid. I’m sure some vapers think they are doing people a favour blowing these apple tart, cotton candy with grapefruit and metal into our lungs but I’d rather not have passive smoke thanks.
    I don't want people driving on roads after 10 pints, can't always get what you want.

I don't want people driving on roads after 10 pints, can't always get what you want.
    Yes lots of idiots about I’m not sure they are inclusive to alcohol or vaping though, odd comment.

That’s illegal rather than manners. Such odd comments.

Yes lots of idiots about I’m not sure they are inclusive to alcohol or vaping though, odd comment.

That’s illegal rather than manners. Such odd comments.
    Not really an odd comment, you've pointed out what you dislike about some vapers. I've pointed out what I don't like about some drinkers. Both are a vice for adults, one is significantly more likely to produce disorderly behaviour.

Not really an odd comment, you've pointed out what you dislike about some vapers. I've pointed out what I don't like about some drinkers. Both are a vice for adults, one is significantly more likely to produce disorderly behaviour.
    Right ok.

Well we can agree people are the issue then.

I don’t like vapes or them being sold outside the ground. Trouble is both this and a previous thread have turned it into “think of the children”.
    Both threads have suggested they were directly targeting teenagers which isn’t true. The other thread directly pointed towards special offers for teenagers. Which obviously wasn’t true.
    And it’s hypocritical to have an issue with it while having beer promoted throughout the ground

While we are at it can we have a campaign to end the promotion of gambling at football matches?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    While we are at it can we have a campaign to end the promotion of gambling at football matches?
    Also fast food, maybe replace the burgers with a health salads.