+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hottest thing you have eaten?

Hottest thing you have eaten?

I do like spice, but nothing mental.
    My favourite curry level is a Madras and I like to put around 1/3rd of a teaspoon of “Mr Naga” spice in my home made curries.
    I’d struggle to eat a Vindaloo and wouldn’t even contemplate a Phaal.

Just watched some experienced pepper heads eating something called Pepper X.
    2.6m Scoville Units and they were in pain.

What’s the hottest thing you have eaten?

Re: Hottest thing you have eaten?

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    My favourite curry level is a Madras and I like to put around 1/3rd of a teaspoon of “Mr Naga” spice in my home made curries.

I have got into that mildish chilli tomato sauce you suggested a few summers ago on here , shirachi

It's great and the heat doesn't linger and spoil whatever you are eating it with

I don't do anything about a medium curry these days ...balti , kerala, chicken saag etc

Kerala curry is popular among the Indian community in South Wales as many who moved here to work as nurses in the NHS came from that one particular area of India after an advert from the Welsh NHS somehow found itself in a hospital over there and the rest is history !

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I have got into that mildish chilli tomato sauce you suggested a few summers ago on here , shirachi

It's great and the heat doesn't linger and spoil whatever you are eating it with

I don't do anything about a medium curry these days ...balti , kerala, chicken saag etc

Kerala curry is popular among the Indian community in South Wales as many who moved here to work as nurses in the NHS came from that one particular area of India after an advert from the Welsh NHS somehow found itself in a hospital over there and the rest is history !
    I do like Sriracha.
    It’s great mixed with Mayonnaise for chicken.

I do like Sriracha.
    Yes it's just right

I can't eat kebabs with hot chilli on it these days , it was a bit of a right of passage as a student but not now

I can't handle really hot food, I get hiccups.

It's a bit of a stock answer on here but from a supermarket the hottest thing I've eaten is probably that aldi inferno pizza. That was so unexpected. In a restaurant, it's the time I thought I was a mad lad and ordered a phaal in a selly oak curry house. Every part of my face was sweating. Awful

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I can't handle really hot food, I get hiccups.

It's a bit of a stock answer on here but from a supermarket the hottest thing I've eaten is probably that aldi inferno pizza. That was so unexpected. In a restaurant, it's the time I thought I was a mad lad and ordered a phaal in a selly oak curry house. Every part of my face was sweating. Awful
    How much of it did you manage to eat Nick?
    As I’ve said, my go to is Madras and sometimes they can be challenging, but the flavor is still there.

One of the things, I guess about spicy food is the endorphin rush you get.

My Mrs !

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    My Mrs !
    Seconded

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Seconded

I had the macho "give me the hottest curry" you've got bug for a year or two until I got suckered into eating a ridiculously hot chilli by a work mate in Companies House over forty years ago. It made me mildly ill and everything I ate for a day or two afterwards tasted awful - I ended up being grateful to him though because it put me off really hot foods for life (I still like medium curries, enjoy a nice chilli con carne ETC mind) - I prefer to taste the food I'm eating.

I like a kick and vary my Indians a bit - Madras is probably hottest ill go, other times I will have butter chicken depending on which Indian I go to. Can get some really tasty butter chickens even if there isnt really a kick to them. In the main if im out for an indian Ill try and order off the chefs menu rather than your standard currys.

Used to work with this semi pro rugby player and went out for a curry with him a few times and he seemed to think he was macho by asking for and ordering the hottest curry on the menu. Hed be sweating and it didnt look anyway enjoyable. Hed also take great pleasure in bragging about how much he could eat in general, or how many pints he could drink. Must have been a rugby thing.

Chilli and Garlic sauces with kebabs all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I had the macho "give me the hottest curry" you've got bug for a year or two until I got suckered into eating a ridiculously hot chilli by a work mate in Companies House over forty years ago. It made me mildly ill and everything I ate for a day or two afterwards tasted awful - I ended up being grateful to him though because it put me off really hot foods for life (I still like medium curries, enjoy a nice chilli con carne ETC mind) - I prefer to taste the food I'm eating.
    I made a chilli a few weeks ago and put just one tablespoon of powder in over what I normally have and I couldn't eat it

Lesson learned

I like fairly hot curries but I stop around a madras. I quite like trying new ones though. I was in the Duchess of Delhi down the Bay a few months ago and they had one which was Portuguese inspired, made with red wine - Vin D'Ahlo. I'll try that I thought. I ordered it, pronouncing it as I thought it would be in Portuguese, "Van Darlo". The waiter brought our meals. "Chicken Jalfrezi"? "Over there mate". "Lamb Vindaloo"? 🤦 Obvious really 😂 I managed it but can't say it was a pleasant experience.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Seconded
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

If I'm making a chilli I'll put on some chilli powder but also some Chipotle sauce. Not too hot but a lovely smoky flavour. Worth trying if you haven't.

I used to live in Delhi and would regularly be warned in restaurants that a dish "may be quite spicy". I soon learned this was "code" for exceptionally hot and spicy! This was nothing compared to just how hot a dish you would get when invited to someone's home for dinner.
    British Indian/Asian dishes are nowhere near as hot. At home I tend to stick to Scotch Bonnets and Jalapeno.

I don't like anything too hot, but my future son-in-law likes really hot stuff.
    He once had a phal from our local Indian eatery. He liked it, but won't have it again because his arse was on fire the next day.

I'm pretty good with spicy food, as long as it also has a good flavour, not just spice.
    I do like a Madras, but half the time I'm disappointed with the spice level.
    never experienced any kind of "ring of fire" not sure what that's all about really.

the Mrs can take a lot more spice than me, so we tend to eat a lot of spicy things. she won't eat really spicy if she's on an empty stomach though

I've been to India, srilanka, most of SE Asia and the hottest things I've eaten were probably a jungle curry in Thailand or a hotpot called "spicy hero" in zhuhai in China both of them were delicious but a real effort.

I do like Sriracha.
    I love it with mayonnaise mixed into any rice dish (not rice pudding though). Really does give the dish an extra kick. Too much for me neat though.

your missus

Quote Originally Posted by HiVis View Post
    your missus
    Plagiarism at its worse.

Chicken Madras

Half and Half

Anyone still guilty even, past their youth ,of this culinerary abomination ?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I like a kick and vary my Indians a bit - Madras is probably hottest ill go, other times I will have butter chicken depending on which Indian I go to. Can get some really tasty butter chickens even if there isnt really a kick to them. In the main if im out for an indian Ill try and order off the chefs menu rather than your standard currys.

Used to work with this semi pro rugby player and went out for a curry with him a few times and he seemed to think he was macho by asking for and ordering the hottest curry on the menu. Hed be sweating and it didnt look anyway enjoyable. Hed also take great pleasure in bragging about how much he could eat in general, or how many pints he could drink. Must have been a rugby thing.

Chilli and Garlic sauces with kebabs all the way.
    He sounds like a right laugh

I have moved onto mint sauce with medium chilli

Sort of ying and yang relationship

A good kebab house and the meat itself has a good kick even without chilli sauce

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'm pretty good with spicy food, as long as it also has a good flavour, not just spice.
    I do like a Madras, but half the time I'm disappointed with the spice level.
    never experienced any kind of "ring of fire" not sure what that's all about really.

the Mrs can take a lot more spice than me, so we tend to eat a lot of spicy things. she won't eat really spicy if she's on an empty stomach though

I've been to India, srilanka, most of SE Asia and the hottest things I've eaten were probably a jungle curry in Thailand or a hotpot called "spicy hero" in zhuhai in China both of them were delicious but a real effort.
    That has just brought back painful memories of Thai jungle curry. Off the scale!

Caroliner Reapear gummy bear go on buy them as sweet treats for Halloween night trick and treat giveaways, they won't return.

Lil' Nitro The World's Hottest Gummy Bear https://amzn.eu/d/esVih3F