+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hottest thing you have eaten?

Re: Hottest thing you have eaten?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    About 20 years ago I did a gig with a band in Wind St in Swansea. After the gig, one bloke who had tagged along for the trip and I went for a kebab. Went into this shop and he asked for some proper hot chilli sauce they keep out the back, not the normal one. He took a few bites of his donner and was asked what he thought of the hot chilli sauce. He said it was crap.

A couple of years later I went into the same kebab shop and one of the guys behind the counter recognised me immediately. He told me to tell my friend that next time he calls, he's got a really good chilli sauce for him. God knows what was in the first one, but it made an impression!
    Swansea is a rat infested death hole

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Swansea is a rat infested death hole
    It's as good as that?

Vindaloo go for every time love it
    Now different scale I done the hot chip challenge you buy online check it out on tik tok never mind my mouth my eyes were watering I rubbed them with my fingers and literally could not open my eyes for half an hour never again

Bring the pain hot sauce form Lidl...5 million scoville

Went to a restaurant in Ottawa 30 years ago and had chicken wings starters with a choice of (mild,hot,very hot and suicidal)sauce with it.
    Thinking I was being brave went for the suicidal one and only ate 3 out of 5 of them and even struggled with my main meal through still sweating and runny nose.

My wife

Quote Originally Posted by Pembroke blue View Post
    Vindaloo go for every time love it
    Now different scale I done the hot chip challenge you buy online check it out on tik tok never mind my mouth my eyes were watering I rubbed them with my fingers and literally could not open my eyes for half an hour never again
    Well that sounds like an enjoyable evening

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    My wife

Oh come on, this is a family show!

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Bring the pain hot sauce form Lidl...5 million scoville
    Didn't think that was possible since the hottest chilli is below 3m. But I see the hottest sauce is 13m scovilles. Insane.

Unless someone can prove otherwise my view is once you get past a hot Madras you begin to lose sight of the flavour and your mouth is cotton wool by the time you get to vindaloo

Apart from some regions and dishes most curry in this country is made hotter for the British punter ?

I always get a vindaloo. And add a bit of vinegar. Madras would be my limit in the UK though.

I used to make a home made crispy chilli beef with fresh noodles. I used a lot of Sriracha hot sauce and Birds eye chillies, which gives it quite a kick. Thankfully I taught my wife how to cook it before the MND kicked in. Unfortunately she is less generous with the chillies.

A lot of love for Sriracha here.
    I’d also recommend trying Gochujang and Gochugaru.

Gochujang is a Korean fermented paste and Gochugaru is a red pepper flake.
    Both have a great flavor and aren’t overly spicy.

I have tried one of these pies. They claim to be the hottest in the world:

https://www.bremenpatisserie.com.au/the-flaming-ron

I don't see how anyone could enjoy it. I guess it's more of a novelty. I can't remember how much I ate but had to sit down and felt like I was going to have a medical incident.

It was a while ago but I think they make you sign a disclaimer or something when you buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bondi Bluebird View Post
    I have tried one of these pies. They claim to be the hottest in the world:

https://www.bremenpatisserie.com.au/the-flaming-ron

I don't see how anyone could enjoy it. I guess it's more of a novelty. I can't remember how much I ate but had to sit down and felt like I was going to have a medical incident.

It was a while ago but I think they make you sign a disclaimer or something when you buy it.
    Can’t be hotter than a Clarkes Pie out of the oven, with molten lava scolding your mouth and wherever you spit it out?

Seriously though, when a disclaimer has to be signed it gets daft.
    Each and everyone has their own tolerance and enjoyment level of spice in food.

I don’t enjoy rollercoasters, but have done them out of bravado.
    The same can apply to spicy food challenges, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Mr Naga is great stuff.
    Some controversy though if it is safe or not.
    Mr Naga is very good, but not heard about any safety concerns?

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    Mr Naga is very good, but not heard about any safety concerns?
    When I was looking to buy it, there were some reviews with warnings about carcinogens.
    I think that it applied specifically to the “Pran”brand version.

First Team

I enjoy a bit of spice but as others have mentioned with age comes an inability to handle the hotter stuff.
    A Jalfrezi or Bhuna is my Indian limit and my only ongoing gut burner is West Indian pepper sauce learnt from my time in Trinidad.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    I enjoy a bit of spice but as others have mentioned with age comes an inability to handle the hotter stuff.
    A Jalfrezi or Bhuna is my Indian limit and my only ongoing gut burner is West Indian pepper sauce learnt from my time in Trinidad.
    Jalfrezi is my favourite, although they differ massively in terms of Heat from place to place. I had one from a place called India Kitchen on Caerphilly rd, and it was Vindaloo level. My go to restaurant, The Panama on Whitchurch rd is medium hot, really nice and a comfortable dining experience. Love a Bhuna as well

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    West Indian Pepper Sauce

Ridiculously hot 🔥

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Jalfrezi is my favourite, although they differ massively in terms of Heat from place to place. I had one from a place called India Kitchen on Caerphilly rd, and it was Vindaloo level. My go to restaurant, The Panama on Whitchurch rd is medium hot, really nice and a comfortable dining experience. Love a Bhuna as well
    Bhuna , Balti , Saag my sort of curry these days

Jalfrezi strength like Madras as you indicate is too unpredictable