Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
I don't like Bulut calling out players the way he did - especially with Robinson before he had had the conversation with him.

I didn't like it with Morison either.

There are times and places and ways of making a point - and both barrels in a pre match press conference is probably wrong on all counts. Otherwise (bar a few odd selections) he has been an impressive breathe of fresh air - a real manager with a vision, a plan and a load of self confidence. It can be infectious!

But I mostly agree with the position he has taken - and I think he is doing it from a stance of making two good players better.

It may be a mistake to exclude Colwill and Robinson from the starting 11 if he doesn't think they are defending well enough from the front. He may be losing more from them than he gains from the less talented players that do the hard work. But if he can get the reaction he wants it will be worth it for the short term pain.

I expect Colwill to do the same as Tanner when given the Bulut treatment. Not so sure about Robbo - but hope he does too.
He did something similar with Tanner early in the season and Tanner has been excellent since.

I very much doubt that either Colwill or Robinson didn't know what the manager wants from them.