+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Robinson and Colwill.

Re: Robinson and Colwill.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    You replied to a guy who wouldn't play Colwill because he felt we're more likely to concede goals. He was talking about the old lazy version of the player. Not the player we saw today. The player who has responded to the manager publicly having a go at him.
    But there's literally no evidence of us being more likely to concede goals with him on the pitch.

Colwill played exactly the same as he has in the past. Robinson has always been a hard worker I don't know where this nonsense has come up about him being lazy.

There's literally no way I can win this discussion. I say Colwill/Robinson should start when they aren't starting, they finally do start and score as I expected, and somehow I'm still wrong?

I like Bulut but I don't think he's improved them at all, he's just actually played them.

I don't understand this myth that Bulut has improved Tanner either, I saw him play in Whittingham's memorial game and he tore Villa to pieces, I said then he should be starting then but as this club is seemingly incapable of giving young players a proper chance we sent him on loan to York.

When he actually played, as I expected, he has done well.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    But there's literally no evidence of us being more likely to concede goals with him on the pitch.

Colwill played exactly the same as he has in the past. Robinson has always been a hard worker I don't know where this nonsense has come up about him being lazy.

There's literally no way I can win this discussion. I say Colwill/Robinson should start when they aren't starting, they finally do start and score as I expected, and somehow I'm still wrong?

I like Bulut but I don't think he's improved them at all, he's just actually played them.

I don't understand this myth that Bulut has improved Tanner either, I saw him play in Whittingham's memorial game and he tore Villa to pieces, I said then he should be starting then but as this club is seemingly incapable of giving young players a proper chance we sent him on loan to York.

It seemed obvious to me Colwill put in more of a shift today than he has previously and is a better player for it. That is down to the manager.

Colwill didn’t start.

Not sure that affects the point.

Did Bulut push them knowing he needed to use them more, to try and get more from them. Some say yes, some say no. I don’t think anyone needs to be “right”.

Tbh I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone (maybe people have) call Robinson lazy, but had had been poor especially against Watford. He has always been a busy player, worked hard upfront or wide. But I also think as a 10 it takes even more work. As said before as soon as Bulut made the comments if he was a decent manager he would be starting one of them soon for a reaction.

Maybe he got a reaction, maybe they would have done it anyway. CCFC win either way so I’m happy.

Whose right? Who cares? I don’t think anyone knows.

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Risky game calling players out in public in this way, especially as by own admission he hasn’t spoken to Robinson first to let him know he’s not happy him. Poor form really.

He does have the touch of the Colin’s about him on that nothing is ever his fault and he’ll happily throw the players under the bus first.
    Oh what a nasty Manager, fancy calling players out and then they respond

Lay off the Meths you've had a mare butt!

Just like Pep

Colwill needs more games and needs to contribute in such a positive way , more often

If he doesn't do this then he's on the subs bench

It's no more complicated than that ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Colwill needs more games and needs to contribute in such a positive way , more often

If he doesn't do this then he's on the subs bench

It's no more complicated than that ?
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    It seemed obvious to me Colwill put in more of a shift today than he has previously and is a better player for it. That is down to the manager.
    That's just not true though?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Oh what a nasty Manager, fancy calling players out and then they respond

Lay off the Meths you've had a mare butt!

Just like Pep
    So did Colwill not get a goal and assist vs Birmingham before he was called out by Bulut?

Do you think maybe the fact Colwill was given more than 15 minutes had something to do with it?

You said Robinson and Colwill shouldn't start, since that statement they've both scored

International

So did Colwill not get a goal and assist vs Birmingham before he was called out by Bulut?

Do you think maybe the fact Colwill was given more than 15 minutes had something to do with it?

You said Robinson and Colwill shouldn't start, since that statement they've both scored
    I've said the Manager knows his best team, and how to get more out of them.

Bulut explained to them that to get in his team they needed to start doing more when they haven't got the ball, like he successfully did with Tanner.

Now all three are definitely trying harder to do more defensive work when we don't have the ball, and we are coming through strongly with two clean sheets and a six nil result this week, with Ramsey and O'Dowda out and not a strong recognised centre forward.

Bulut has got those players playing much better for the team and he is reaping the rewards and credit.

With Ramsey, O'Dowda and Kieffer, we look a top three or four team, isn't it nice to have a Manager that clearly knows more than your average Bob Banker

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Agreed.
    Exactly, he can be amazing at times, but this is a team effort, and he needs to grab his chances, I'm delighted for him, that was a great goal, and he is certainly trying much harder when we don't have the ball

International

That's just not true though?
    It's 100% true everyone could see more effort.

Bit on a contrarian view from me.

I don't think Robinson fits the Bulut system at all, he is expensive, and wouldn't be surprised to see him move on.

IMO Bulut wants a midfielder who has attacking intent rather than a genuine "10" or second striker. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Kieffer rumours materialise, as I think he wants a lot of meat up top. Robinson looks best as a mobile striker running in behind the full back and centre halfs but Bulut doesn't play him as a striker.

I thought yesterday he looked a bit lost, he run around a bit like a new player trying to suss his new team mates as a lot has changed in 8 months

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    Bit on a contrarian view from me.

I don't think Robinson fits the Bulut system at all, he is expensive, and wouldn't be surprised to see him move on.

IMO Bulut wants a midfielder who has attacking intent rather than a genuine "10" or second striker. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Kieffer rumours materialise, as I think he wants a lot of meat up top. Robinson looks best as a mobile striker running in behind the full back and centre halfs but Bulut doesn't play him as a striker.

I thought yesterday he looked a bit lost, he run around a bit like a new player trying to suss his new team mates as a lot has changed in 8 months
    I'd agree with all of that. I think that Colwill fits the role of attacking Midfielder better than Robinson. Robinson is a second striker, it doesn't appear that position has a role in the Bulut system. I'd sell Robinson whilst he still has value.

It's Colwill's job to make the position his own. He has the perfect role model in Ramsay to learn from. He has to become more physical and impose himself on matches. He doesn't use his physique at all, he might as well be 5'5" and 9st. He is though only 21 and I am sure he will become a top player. I just hope we get it right and it is with us. Somebody compared him to Yaya Toure but I'd suggest Bastian Schweinsteiger would be a better comparison/target.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    I'd agree with all of that. I think that Colwill fits the role of attacking Midfielder better than Robinson. Robinson is a second striker, it doesn't appear that position has a role in the Bulut system. I'd sell Robinson whilst he still has value.

It's Colwill's job to make the position his own. He has the perfect role model in Ramsay to learn from. He has to become more physical and impose himself on matches. He doesn't use his physique at all, he might as well be 5'5" and 9st. He is though only 21 and I am sure he will become a top player. I just hope we get it right and it is with us. Somebody compared him to Yaya Toure but I'd suggest Bastian Schweinsteiger would be a better comparison/target.
    Colwill reminds me of Tom Cairney of Fulham