+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bobby Charlton RIP

Re: Bobby Charlton RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Cissie Charlton, their mother, what a character she was. Very articulate and strong. The sister of Jackie Milburn. Jack said in a documentary i watched that Bobby was a 'Mummy's Boy' and Cissie agreed with him! She could play as well. Fascinating family.
    She was a dominant matriarch who apparently didn’t approve of Bobby’s wife, but Bobby chose Norma over Mum and effectively cut Cissie out. Jack called him out for the behaviour and supposedly never forgave him… as you say fascinating family

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Schnellinger, Schulz, Weber and Siggi Held are still alive as well. Six Germans still alive, remarkable really.
    Siggi Held was always a bit of a hero.....

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Loved by everyone...
    Was he?

What really sickened me yesterday was seeing that appalling cheating, diving, complaining little git Bruno Fernadez carrying a wreath for Bobby Charlton. Not fit to lick his boots.

Nobody could have chosen a more inappropriate person to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    What really sickened me yesterday was seeing that appalling cheating, diving, complaining little git Bruno Fernadez carrying a wreath for Bobby Charlton. Not fit to lick his boots.

Nobody could have chosen a more inappropriate person to do that.

Tidy story bro.

Just watched a decent 45 minute BBC tribute about the man, spoilt slightly though by the irritating Lineker and Shearer.