+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: He’s not fit to referee – Madley messes up again.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: He’s not fit to referee – Madley messes up again.

https://twitter.com/JustWorldies/sta...m8PCUOJ9g&s=19

how about this goal, should that have been disallowed for offside?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    https://twitter.com/JustWorldies/sta...m8PCUOJ9g&s=19

how about this goal, should that have been disallowed for offside?
    I don't know. I don't think so. Obviously two players in an offside position. But they have zero impact on that goal. Do you want it to be offside?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't know. I don't think so. Obviously two players in an offside position. But they have zero impact on that goal. Do you want it to be offside?
    I agree, it’s a valid goal, but what impact did Grant have on yesterday’s disallowed goal?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree, it’s a valid goal, but what impact did Grant have on yesterday’s disallowed goal?
    None. I'm with you on that. That goal was unstoppable.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    no it's clearly not offside as the 2 players have no impact on the goal, just like grant yesterday

Grant was offside, he was close to the keeper, it was from a set piece, Grant may have moved within the keepers eyeline or close too, a fraction before Goutas made contact. All of this in a crowded 6 yard box. Maybe Grant should have not been offside, then the ref wouldn't have a decision to make. This isn't as clear cut as some are making out in my opinion. For what it's worth, i think that the goal should have stood, The keeper wouldn't have stopped it (In my opinion) if Grant hadn't been there, it was a bullet of a header. But, Grants ball watching and lack of awareness gave the ref a decision to make. We came off 2nd best.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Grant was offside, he was close to the keeper, it was from a set piece, Grant may have moved within the keepers eyeline or close too, a fraction before Goutas made contact. All of this in a crowded 6 yard box. Maybe Grant should have not been offside, then the ref wouldn't have a decision to make. This isn't as clear cut as some are making out in my opinion. For what it's worth, i think that the goal should have stood, The keeper wouldn't have stopped it (In my opinion) if Grant hadn't been there, it was a bullet of a header. But, Grants ball watching and lack of awareness gave the ref a decision to make. We came off 2nd best.
    Hadn't read this before posting but spot on.

Grant also drew attention to himself, by blasting the ball back into the net still from an offside position.

I was in two minds about the offside decision. The bit that amazed me, was Grant trying to slam the ball into the net, in celebration, and blasted it over the bar from six inches.

The keeper wasn't stopping that even if Goutas is the only player in the box.
    I'm pissed off with Madley because he gave the goal he was in the best position to see if Grant was interfering so even if the lino flags he could've spoke to him and said, the lino just flags the players position.
    In the major feck up Madley did in the Coventry game last year he decided a city player was offside even though the ball came from an opposition player. He then told the lino to flag even though he wasn't offside and the ball came from an opposition player.
    In short he hates us and is a cheating bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Hadn't read this before posting but spot on.

Grant also drew attention to himself, by blasting the ball back into the net still from an offside position.
    He didn't

International

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    He didn't
    Oh Yes, he drew attention to himself hitting it over the bar from an offside position

Actually looking at it again, that's very harsh, we were robbed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t09J8ogdO_M

Good movement for their goal, and an unbelievable tackle from NG saved a certain goal.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Oh Yes, he drew attention to himself hitting it over the bar from an offside position

Actually looking at it again, that's very harsh, we were robbed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t09J8ogdO_M

Good movement for their goal, and an unbelievable tackle from NG saved a certain goal.
    It was an idiotic decision. Firstly Grant wasn't interfering with the Goutas header. Secondly, if the argument is that he was in the keeper's line of sight of the corner kick, there was another Blackburn player in front of him who was doing the same.