+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: He’s not fit to referee – Madley messes up again.

Re: He’s not fit to referee – Madley messes up again.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It was offside, but the fact the linesman didn't flag and the referee went looking for it doesn't sit well with me.
    Having just watched the highlights on Sky, the linesman had his flag up immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Having just watched the highlights on Sky, the linesman had his flag up immediately.
    I thought that but others have said that Madley told him to raise it, which i find odd, although i could only see Madley walking over to the lino.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Bloody hell Mo, Shanks would be fuming with you for not only getting the quote wrong but crediting Brian Clough with it
    Whoever said it, isn’t the point that the quote is about half a century old - you know, the era that Madley’s decision came from.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't know. I don't think so. Obviously two players in an offside position. But they have zero impact on that goal. Do you want it to be offside?
    no it's clearly not offside as the 2 players have no impact on the goal, just like grant yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree, it’s a valid goal, but what impact did Grant have on yesterday’s disallowed goal?
    None. I'm with you on that. That goal was unstoppable.

The keeper wasn't stopping that even if Goutas is the only player in the box.
    I'm pissed off with Madley because he gave the goal he was in the best position to see if Grant was interfering so even if the lino flags he could've spoke to him and said, the lino just flags the players position.
    In the major feck up Madley did in the Coventry game last year he decided a city player was offside even though the ball came from an opposition player. He then told the lino to flag even though he wasn't offside and the ball came from an opposition player.
    In short he hates us and is a cheating bastard.

International

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Everyone at Ewood Park knew that was a valid goal that should have stood except, of course, that ref. Blackburn were resigned to kicking the ball up to the half way line to restart. But...just one example of an inept (biased?) refing performance. Quite literally incredible why our goal wasn't given. Meanwhile our poor performance continues, slipping back into a last season style of play that means scoring is a rarity. Largely as trying to get the round thing into the rectangular thing seems a vague concept for most of the time. Are we deliberately leaving a gap in the centre for KM to fill come January? Right now there seems to be some exclusion zone there. Plus, we only play with any urgency for the last 20 minutes.
    Thanks for the write up Bob.
    I am the most biased ever for watching Cardiff, but Grant was offside right in front of the keepers eyeliner, yes it's very harsh and I think it should have been a goal as 90% are given, but I can see why he disallowed if following the laws of the game.

Very disappointing, and he does seem to apply rules differently to us, he also booked Collins for asking for a card after a foul, which although they can, that was harsh too.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Grant was offside, he was close to the keeper, it was from a set piece, Grant may have moved within the keepers eyeline or close too, a fraction before Goutas made contact. All of this in a crowded 6 yard box. Maybe Grant should have not been offside, then the ref wouldn't have a decision to make. This isn't as clear cut as some are making out in my opinion. For what it's worth, i think that the goal should have stood, The keeper wouldn't have stopped it (In my opinion) if Grant hadn't been there, it was a bullet of a header. But, Grants ball watching and lack of awareness gave the ref a decision to make. We came off 2nd best.
    Hadn't read this before posting but spot on.

Grant also drew attention to himself, by blasting the ball back into the net still from an offside position.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Bloody hell Mo, Shanks would be fuming with you for not only getting the quote wrong but crediting Brian Clough with it
    From what I can make out, MS has got the Clough quote about right. Shankly's quote was 'if a player is not interfering with play or seeking to gain an advantage, then he should be'. Both are basically puerile gibberish (how's Alnwick meant to be interfering with play or gaining an advantage in Saturday's incident?) and, as TOBW says, come from a bygone age. They were gibberish back then too though.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Hadn't read this before posting but spot on.

Grant also drew attention to himself, by blasting the ball back into the net still from an offside position.
    He didn't

International

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    He didn't
    Oh Yes, he drew attention to himself hitting it over the bar from an offside position

Actually looking at it again, that's very harsh, we were robbed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t09J8ogdO_M

Good movement for their goal, and an unbelievable tackle from NG saved a certain goal.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Oh Yes, he drew attention to himself hitting it over the bar from an offside position

Actually looking at it again, that's very harsh, we were robbed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t09J8ogdO_M

Good movement for their goal, and an unbelievable tackle from NG saved a certain goal.
    It was an idiotic decision. Firstly Grant wasn't interfering with the Goutas header. Secondly, if the argument is that he was in the keeper's line of sight of the corner kick, there was another Blackburn player in front of him who was doing the same.