+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here in Wales, roadsigns or life & death ?

Here in Wales, roadsigns or life & death ?

Wasting millions on 20 mph, whilst the nation suffers

https://apple.news/A0ojwf8vEQtmx1zgKUHIf_Q

International

Re: Here in Wales, roadsigns or life & death ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

Not a priority for him is it, he prioritises 20mph and don't drive five miles.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Not a priority for him is it, he prioritises 20mph and don't drive five miles.
    He doesn't drive at all - never has done..

International

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    He doesn't drive at all - never has done..
    Too drunk maybe.

Give it a rest.

International

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Too drunk maybe.
    It's not easy to learn people with no basic skills or common sense often struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Too drunk maybe.
    A small sherry on special occasions, more likely.

Not to mention bl00dy cycle lanes!

Weird how we didn't have these issues 13 years ago eh.

I would firstly like to say I think the 20 mph policy is daft and I really would like Drakeford to take a long hike as I think he's hopeless

That being said cock ups and money wasting happen in government and people suffer all the time

Even in England where you lot go on and on about how crap the Welsh NHS is

Well in England if you have a particularly severe form of prostate cancer you cannot get the medication needed to prolong your life and many chaps of our age over the border die or need to spend thousands of pounds just to get a few extra years

In Wales and Scotland these drugs are widely available and funded

Imagine that eh ?!

Bloody Welsh Labour

The English NHS

Wasting BILLIONS on protective equipment made by their tory mates during covid which proves to be utterly useless

Isn't it

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I would firstly like to say I think the 20 mph policy is daft and I really would like Drakeford to take a long hike as I think he's hopeless

That being said cock ups and money wasting happen in government and people suffer all the time

Even in England where you lot go on and on about how crap the Welsh NHS is

Well in England if you have a particularly severe form of prostate cancer you cannot get the medication needed to prolong your life and many chaps of our age over the border die or need to spend thousands of pounds just to get a few extra years

In Wales and Scotland these drugs are widely available and funded

Imagine that eh ?!

Bloody Welsh Labour
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-67065504

I didn't see people protesting against Mark Drakeford's free school meals for primary kids.
    Don't get that in England , and i know from speaking to a number of parents that this is saving them a fortune.
    Yet people protest about going a few miles slower to save accidents and lives.

International

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    It's not easy to learn people with no basic skills or common sense often struggle.
    Its difficult for alcoholics to stay clean enough to pass too. (Allegedly)

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I didn't see people protesting against Mark Drakeford's free school meals for primary kids.
    Don't get that in England , and i know from speaking to a number of parents that this is saving them a fortune.
    All those free prescriptions are a bugger as well.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    All those free prescriptions are a bugger as well.
    Exactly Bob. Quite a few on here benefit from that policy, particularly the oldies.

It's a shame that the 400k+ signatories to a petition about how fast they can drive, don't feel as passionate about the NHS.

Free school meals for all school children is a Plaid Cymru policy that Labour was forced to accept, adopt and vote into law in order to have Plaid’s support to govern the country

https://www.gov.wales/25m-kick-start...children-wales

The irony is that everyone focuses on the NHS which has just been handed significant funding in the latest funding review but that is not the only focus - the heart of the issue is social care which leads to the wrong people being cared for in the wrong place leading to blocked beds due to a lack of capacity in the community where a lot of people can/could be cared for if attention and resources were given to that

Successive governments ignore this and continue to bail out the NHS when they overspend when social care has faced nearly two decades of austerity and the huge impact Brexit has had on the workforce and the foundation economy generally

Until this is dealt with as an integrated issue between health and social care then nothing will change and it will get worse

It is estimated that the older population will grow by 40% over the next 20 years and yet the younger population will drop by 19% many of whom will not accept the pay and conditions of a social care worker so if it is bad now it is only going to get worse so more and more pressure will be put on the NHS but even more so families to become unpaid carers impacting on their ability to work and therefore contribute fully to the economy

This isn't a labour Tory issue this is a politics issue of all colours and a real ignorance as to the issues and a willingness not to listen as it is no different here as it is in England or Scotland

Exactly Bob. Quite a few on here benefit from that policy, particularly the oldies.
    Yes but they’re all frustrated Lewis Hamiltons

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    So the NHS in England is like this .....get advanced prostate cancer and we can't help

Unless you have a few grand

Bloody Drakeford

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    So the NHS in England is like this .....get advanced prostate cancer and we can't help

Unless you have a few grand

Bloody Drakeford
    I think that example alone should make everyone in Wales rush out and shake Mr Drakefords hand. We have a lot to be thankful for in Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    It's a shame that the 400k+ signatories to a petition about how fast they can drive, don't feel as passionate about the NHS.
    As an outsider looking into Wales it does seem remarkable that over the last few years rights/freedom/privacy have been chipped away at quite substantially (mostly at the UK level) and the one thing that motivates people to care is making them drive a bit slower in a few places. Similar to ulez changing the course of the by-election in Uxbridge I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    As an outsider looking into Wales it does seem remarkable that over the last few years rights/freedom/privacy have been chipped away at quite substantially (mostly at the UK level) and the one thing that motivates people to care is making them drive a bit slower in a few places. Similar to ulez changing the course of the by-election in Uxbridge I suppose.
    You don’t need much of a brain to get worked up about driving at speed. Other more serious effects on life such as underfunding health and economic inequality takes a bit more intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    You don’t need much of a brain to get worked up about driving at speed. Other more serious effects on life such as underfunding health and economic inequality takes a bit more intelligence.
    I agree with you here, but it’s an acceptable “current thing” to get worked up about. I’m actually getting used to it now and can see some benefits to it especially being a cyclist as well as a car driver.

It’s a shame the majority who probably kicked off about the 20mph simply accepted the same governments freedom busting Covid diktats - most of which had have less an impact (nil) on saving lives than the 20 mph ones.
    (Minimal)
    Crazy