+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

Re: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It's an odd protest but unless I'm mistaken the last one didnt actually slow people down (unlike what they are protesting about) or stop people going about their lives (unlike what Just Stop Oil, who others have mentioned do). So it doesn't seem worth people getting too upset about.

What do the police say about it?
    If going 20 in a 70 zone didn’t slow people down, doesn’t it kind of ruin the whole argument about journey times being drastically increased by changing 30 zones to 20?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Only 2nd day, the train was announced as canceled as I got on the platform this morning!!!
    A quick walk over to low level for the next train but had to change at queen Street to get to central to connect with destination train.
    You are lucky there, Heath has access to both lines, and you have the best public transport options in Cardiff

But if you have to see someone in Rumney or Ely you'd need a car, public transport is not a viable option for those types of journeys.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    If going 20 in a 70 zone didn’t slow people down, doesn’t it kind of ruin the whole argument about journey times being drastically increased by changing 30 zones to 20?
    No because where there is 2 or 3 lanes you can go round them whereas on a single lane you can't. It does sound dangerous though, I don't know if the police approve it?!

International

No because where there is 2 or 3 lanes you can go round them whereas on a single lane you can't. It does sound dangerous though, I don't know if the police approve it?!
    Surely they will drive three wide and block all lanes otherwise whats the point?

If that's the case how would it not slow people down?
    And if it didn't slow people down, what's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    The world is falling apart and these people are protesting a 20mph speed limit. I despair.
    Exactly that, people should be protesting about the £5billion that Wales has been robbed of by Westminster that could be used for doctors, nurses, schools and transport improvements but small minds obsess about their 15 minute drive taking 30 seconds longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    Exactly that, people should be protesting about the £5billion that Wales has been robbed of by Westminster that could be used for doctors, nurses, schools and transport improvements but small minds obsess about their 15 minute drive taking 30 seconds longer.
    I think he was talking about the thousands of deaths in the middle east rather than Welsh independence

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    If that's the case how would it not slow people down?
    And if it didn't slow people down, what's the point?
    The point, I assume, like most protests before the selfish twats from JSO started is to create a conversation and make a noise etc. Which is working.

I dunno, but I gather they only went in the slow lane.

I'm surprised it's allowed as I don't think roads are places for protests whatever it is

Why don't you protest their protest to tell them what they should be protesting about?

What is this £5bn anyway?

Doctors, schools and nurses? Perhaps you meant quangos.

Has any protest or March in the UK, ever resulted in the government making a u turn on said policy ?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Has any protest or March in the UK, ever resulted in the government making a u turn on said policy ?
    Poll tax?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Poll tax?
    Think the poll tax was scrapped because nobody paid it 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Fair play anyone taking part in that has reached new heights of complete and utter loser behaviour.

Get a hobby ffs.
    It doesn't really affect me but i'd say signing a electronic petition that's just going to be ignored is more pointless.

I'd say action does lead to much more direct results

For those who are considering joining this protest, they need to realise what it may result in.

Driving too slowly in a manner that disrupts other drivers is an offence under the law of inconsiderate and careless driving. This has an unlimited fine and a penalty range of 3 to 9 points on your licence.

You may think that there would be too many other drivers involved to punish every one, but the Police would be more than happy to go through CCTV and NPR data to locate each offender and summon them to court.

I agree with 79blue.
    Driving slowly on the motorway is dangerous and the police should ticket and prosecute all who do so.

International

Quote Originally Posted by 79blue View Post
    For those who are considering joining this protest, they need to realise what it may result in.

Driving too slowly in a manner that disrupts other drivers is an offence under the law of inconsiderate and careless driving. This has an unlimited fine and a penalty range of 3 to 9 points on your licence.

You may think that there would be too many other drivers involved to punish every one, but the Police would be more than happy to go through CCTV and NPR data to locate each offender and summon them to court.
    Agreed unless all the number plates fell off.

Drippy probably wouldn't care unless it was near his house and it affected him.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Agreed unless all the number plates fell off.

Drippy probably wouldn't care unless it was near his house and it affected him.
    Driving without a number plate or an obscured plate will get you an additional fine of £1,000.

It's a shame people aren't as incensed by homelessness, poverty and decimated public services. No protests at massive companies making billions whilst people are afraid to turn the heating on.

Car wankers

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Think the poll tax was scrapped because nobody paid it 😂
    The strikes at the Dagenham Ford factory led to equal pay for women.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    It's a shame people aren't as incensed by homelessness, poverty and decimated public services. No protests at massive companies making billions whilst people are afraid to turn the heating on.

Car wankers
    Massive companies making billions mean hundreds of millions in various taxes. Yeah, let's protest..

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    The world is falling apart and these people are protesting a 20mph speed limit. I despair.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Massive companies making billions mean hundreds of millions in various taxes. Yeah, let's protest..
    Yes, just like such companies as Amazon, Google, Apple etc paying generous amounts of tax to the exchequer!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Brilliant old trickle down economics, got us exactly where we are. Elderly people going cold this winter and hard working people having to use foodbanks

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    Brilliant old trickle down economics, got us exactly where we are. Elderly people going cold this winter and hard working people having to use foodbanks
    It’s just a shame the WAG didn’t redistribute money wasted on failed projects in these areas.

They want to expend the Welsh government at a cost of millions ( when was the last time you saw a AM) yet there is no money for school meals during term times , essential local government services etc.

The motorist is an easy scapegoat I suppose