+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Yes, it could be 100mph, but you'd have a job it's a small culdesac, I bought it because people wouldn't need to park outside my house to go to shops pubs etc and there would be no traffic.

I didn't buy one on a rat run and complain people are driving past my house or by a town centre or football ground and complain that people are parking outside my house.
    That makes sense. So what you're saying is that only people who can afford to should feel that they and their kids/grandkids are safe outside their house?

It's worth considering that there are many elderly people living in these "rat runs" that weren't like that when they purchased, too...

International

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    That makes sense. So what you're saying is that only people who can afford to should feel that they and their kids/grandkids are safe outside their house?

It's worth considering that there are many elderly people living in these "rat runs" that weren't like that when they purchased, too...
    There are cheap cul-de-sacs, the point is don't buy a house on a busy street and then complain because it's a busy street.

I have previously lived near a church and understood it would be busy on Sundays, and a funeral home and it was busy some days for a bit, I didn't moan or ask the council to stop people parking, I moved it was my choice to pick that house.

What do you propose we do close all the roads so it's quiet for everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    just remembered pretty sure someone mentioned here recently he was going to retire soon ?
    The next Senedd election has to be before May 2026. Drakeford said when he won in 2021 that he wouldn't see out this term.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    When is the next election for the assembly?

I wish he would fall on his sword now he's causing a lot of damage
    He’s not standing next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    He’s not standing next time.
    So how much longer is he around for ?

International

When he goes there won't be an election, the labour group will have an internal vote on the next leader, just as they voted for him when he took over.

just found the times these are planned so could deffo affect travelling to the game if your coming from the east or the west tomorrow after 10am by the looks of it

times here below

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2023-...ng-the-weekend

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    When he goes there won't be an election, the labour group will have an internal vote on the next leader, just as they voted for him when he took over.
    What sort of election do you have in mind? All leaders in uk are appointed by their party, the public don’t have a say at all.
    Last edited by Dave Blue; 27-10-23 at 16:46. Reason: Typo

So it turns out half a million didn’t turn out, going by the photo at the top of this report. Also, can anyone spot anything about the demographic of the photo of those who did. Answers on a postcard

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...s-28000871.amp

So it turns out half a million didn’t turn out, going by the photo at the top of this report. Also, can anyone spot anything about the demographic of the photo of those who did. Answers on a postcard

Middle aged Tory *****?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Middle aged Tory *****?
    Well I can’t tell their voting intentions. But certainly at more of a folicly challenged time of life where change is difficult. I didn’t think the weather was that bad, I wonder what else affected the turnout?

Well I can’t tell their voting intentions. But certainly at more of a folicly challenged time of life where change is difficult. I didn’t think the weather was that bad, I wonder what else affected the turnout?
    Funny that the people I know who voted ( part of the 400,000 plus) are nothing like the ones in the photo you mentioned. Cool story bro

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    What sort of election do you have in mind? All leaders in uk are appointed by their party, the public don’t have a say at all.
    I think you'll find if you read my post that I didn't have any kind of election in mind. The clue is in the phrase "there won't be an election".

All people?

Bald farmers?

All drivers?

All members of the caravan club.

how did this protest go anyway? doesn't seem to have garnered much attention?

I read somewhere that the protest in North Wales was attended by 3 cars !

Hopefully all this will die down now.

I've got a long memory and these protests reminds me of the protests over petrol prices in 2001.
    The thing then was political posturing by a handful of people, mainly farmers, designed to try to bring down a popular Labour government.
    Exactly the same now. On the back of ULEZ, AndrewRTDavies saw an opportunity to damage the Labour Government in Cardiff, despite having wholeheartedly endorsed the policy.
    The law is not perfect, but it is designed to save lives and not line the pockets of its donors and supporters.
    Of you don't like it complain to your AM and if that doesn't change things the way you would like them to, vote for the party who will abolish these 20mph limits at the next Senedd elections.

Not sure why we need to take the piss out of people that feel strongly enough to protest, even if it's something you don't agree with (within reason of course). Good on them, Wales/UK needs far more of these people. Most of us just eat shit from WAG/Central government. Particularly in Wales with the one party state we have.

People taking the piss probably wouldn't show up to a cause they were interested in either.

I'm on the fence about the 20, I don't think it is particularly necessary but on most of my routes I'm also well used to barely getting above that anyway. I didn't sign the petition but it's very clear why far far more people will do that than want to show up and drive 20 on the m4 or even show up anywhere physically.

I'm more against the shambles of how they have deployed it, some roads still not fully signed correctly throughout, others dip in and out of 30 with no noticeable difference to the nature of the street. Just feels like as with most things by WAG it's half arsed. If you're doing it at least do it properly.

In 2021, the number of people eligible to vote in Wales was just under 2,350,000 according to this (presumably, it’s risen slightly since then).

https://www.gov.wales/electoral-roll-2021

If we make the questionable assumption that all who have signed the petition are eligible to vote in Wales, that means that around twenty per cent of Welsh voters have signed it. That hardly justifies the triumphalist tone of a small minority on here who talk as if the whole country is up in arms about the new speed limit.

I’ll repeat that my view is that the 20 mph I speed limit is uncalled for, but I’m not that bothered about it and the sort of Party politicking seen from some on here only makes me less likely to sign any petition .

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    In 2021, the number of people eligible to vote in Wales was just under 2,350,000 according to this (presumably, it’s risen slightly since then).

https://www.gov.wales/electoral-roll-2021

If we make the questionable assumption that all who have signed the petition are eligible to vote in Wales, that means that around twenty per cent of Welsh voters have signed it. That hardly justifies the triumphalist tone of a small minority on here who talk as if the whole country is up in arms about the new speed limit.

I’ll repeat that my view is that the 20 mph I speed limit is uncalled for, but I’m not that bothered about it and the sort of Party politicking seen from some on here only makes me less likely to sign any petition .
    I think most people have realised how little it effects their day to day lives by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think most people have realised how little it effects their day to day lives by now.
    This is just plain wrong.

International

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    This is just plain wrong.
    Exactly people are speeding up a little, and tailgating beeping and overtaking is increasing.

It's the poor learners I feel sorry for imagine having to drive like that to pass a test, I didn't like having to stick to 30 after the first five minutes of the first lesson.