+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

Re: 20mph -Protest this saturday on M4-PLAN AHEAD

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    That's not true. I think our education system is pretty good. I think our healthcare system is essentially the same.

I do think the 20mph thing is stupid though, that's correct.
    I'd agree on Healthcare, not so enthused over the education system, and i'm more towards the 20mph speed limit, but not 100% convinced, and i vote for Welsh Labour. Starmer is not getting my vote though, not in a million years. He's more at war with the left of the labour party than he is the Tories.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'd agree on Healthcare, not so enthused over the education system, and i'm more towards the 20mph speed limit, but not 100% convinced, and i vote for Welsh Labour. Starmer is not getting my vote though, not in a million years. He's more at war with the left of the labour party than he is the Tories.
    Just out of interest who will you vote for in a general election - understand if you don't want to disclose 👍 as I'm in the same boat as you and would probably vote plaid

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Not sure why we need to take the piss out of people that feel strongly enough to protest, even if it's something you don't agree with (within reason of course). Good on them, Wales/UK needs far more of these people. Most of us just eat shit from WAG/Central government. Particularly in Wales with the one party state we have.

People taking the piss probably wouldn't show up to a cause they were interested in either.

I'm on the fence about the 20, I don't think it is particularly necessary but on most of my routes I'm also well used to barely getting above that anyway. I didn't sign the petition but it's very clear why far far more people will do that than want to show up and drive 20 on the m4 or even show up anywhere physically.

I'm more against the shambles of how they have deployed it, some roads still not fully signed correctly throughout, others dip in and out of 30 with no noticeable difference to the nature of the street. Just feels like as with most things by WAG it's half arsed. If you're doing it at least do it properly.
    You need to review your definition of a one party state. It’s an insult to voters who go out every five years and vote for the party they feel will be the best according to their own values.
    Last edited by Dave Blue; 30-10-23 at 20:20. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Just out of interest who will you vote for in a general election - understand if you don't want to disclose �� as I'm in the same boat as you and would probably vote plaid
    Yup, i think plaid will get my vote. I have wrestled with it a bit, but i just can't give that bloke my vote.

Yup, i think plaid will get my vote. I have wrestled with it a bit, but i just can't give that bloke my vote.
    which bloke?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    which bloke?
    I can't say his name.

I can't say his name.
    Voldemort?

International

There you have it Labour voters not voting for Drippy or Starmer

International

He might have got mine, Starmer is growing on me!

But Raynor maybe not!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    There you have it Labour voters not voting for Drippy or Starmer
    calling someone "drippy" or "dripford" is really a pathetic level of discourse, same goes for "sir beer korma".

it's no better than the dire penaldo/pessi banter that you see fanboys engaging in on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    He might have got mine, Starmer is growing on me!

But Raynor maybe not!
    She's lovely, Keir is a Knut.

International

calling someone "drippy" or "dripford" is really a pathetic level of discourse, same goes for "sir beer korma".

it's no better than the dire penaldo/pessi banter that you see fanboys engaging in on Twitter.
    It's his nickname, isn't it, doesn't everyone call him it?

Drip fraud out ( senior that is)

Agreed

What about calling Stoke , Sjoke , or Barry Barrybados , or Boris , Doris etc ?

I always think Dripford is a bit shit cos it doesn't make any attempt at rhyming..a bit like Jack's who call up 'scumdiff'.

I do kinda agree that it damages the discourse a little, but it's hard to get too exercised on Dripford, sleepy Joe, Bozo, Sir Keith etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    What about calling Stoke , Sjoke , or Barry Barrybados , or Boris , Doris etc ?
    all as bad as each other