+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fury

Fury

In big trouble here. Been dropped and lost almost every other round. He needs a knockout.

Re: Fury

The advantages Fury relies on don’t seem to be playing out here.
    Ngannou is strong and big, so Fury’s tactic of leaning on opponents to tire them isn’t working.
    Ngannou is disciplined, knows how to fight, can avoid punches, and take them.
    He can box a little too. But it’s his physical attributes that Fury doesn’t seem to be able to overcome.

Disgraceful scorecard.

How has Fury won that? Boxing stinks

Fury was a disgrace. Ngannou deserves all the credit. Fury was unfit and slower than i've ever seen him, didn't want to engage. Usyk will eat him if he turns up like that. He must've thought this would be a piece of piss.

Ngannou causes problems for a fair few heavyweights. He can box a bit.

96-93 card 😂 it’s rigged. Not even an argument from Ngannou, who I think beats Joshua by the way. He was very impressive.

Disappointing Scorecard.
    Fury has lost a lot of credibility, but fair play to Ngannou, he looked like a seasoned pro, not somebody making his boxing debut.

I’d love to see him added to the mix.
    He will be fighting Del Boy or another gatekeeper soon no doubt.

Shocking decision. There is no way Fury won that.

Francis is a welcome addition to the mix. Seems a thoroughly nice guy who deserves some big pay days.

First Team

Fury continues to turn up with questionable preparation and blatantly overweight.

How he got this decision is beyond me but I can't see his luck continuing based on this latest showing.

Then again he has openly stated he is interested in the money so maybe it is the people forking out to watch this are the mugs here.

Could this type of crossover match up be the start of a new sport of boxing entertainment akin to the wrestling where the moves and result are predetermined?

The Furies x 2, KSI and the Paul's would suggest that may be the case.

Sorry to tell you casuals, Boxing is scored on a points system. Fury won (just about).

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmyoldaccount View Post
    Sorry to tell you casuals, Boxing is scored on a points system. Fury won (just about).
    100% correct

All those jabs by Fury were scoring shots. If you count the shots thrown and landed Fury won 7 of those rounds. If you score it by heart, heavier shots connected, condition of boxer at the end then Ngannou wins but that's not how boxing works. Plus like it or not 50/50 rounds will always go to the champ.

Love to see Ngannou fight Wilder.

Here's how i see it pan out.

Fury beats Usyk, Fury fight Ngannou at Wembley and then goes on to Joshua in Saudi in October next year.

I’m surprised to wake up and see the stats showing Fury landed 12 more punches, because watching live, Fury didn’t appear to be landing anything clean. Ngannou held the centre of ring, controlled the fight and landed the most effective shots.

Carl Frampton had Ngannou winning the fight immediately after, and I wouldn’t call a former world champion a casual

And with the split decision, it seems they also had a ‘casual’ judge

I said to my son Fury will need to be KO'd to lose this fight and if it went to the judges Fury would win.Boxing would never see a current champion dethroned by an MMA fighter.My sons face was a picture as the result was announced.As for being gracious in defeat the loser probably has alot more Saudi paydays earning more than he ever did fighting with the MMA organisation.I guess being an oldy sometimes has its advantages but in the charts for being the most bent decisions in boxing I doubt whether this would make the top 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmyoldaccount View Post
    Point scoring is subjective, it’s not the amateurs.
    Judges score on aggressiveness, control and better shots landed.

I rewatched it this morning and I can see it going either way to be fair.
    However, Fury looked scared to commit against a novice fighter with zero head movement, limited footwork fighting with his mouth open from early doors.
    Fury’s inside leaning was negated by Ngannou‘s strength and he didn’t have a plan B.

I’ve no idea why Ngannou didn’t have a go in the last two rounds…it’s not like Fury did anything in those either.

Fury is either spent, didn’t take it seriously or possibly slipping into one of his dark periods.
    Either way…it wasn’t a good night for boxing and Fury has seriously tarnished his legacy, which has been on the slide anyway with his fight selection.

It’s a shame as I was elated at Fury v Wilder 2.

Oddly I watched this on a usa channel which had fury iust winning most rounds
    Their commentary throughout was saying it's way closer than it should be but after the last round had him just scraping through

Scorecards came in and nigh on confirmed what they'd said would happen. Only when visiting Facebook 15 minutes later did I start reading boxing is fixed comments everywhere. Guess the commentary throughout on TNT sports might not have been as laidback

just watched it .. the other guy was robbed. Was a boring fight

I couldn't understand why Fury didn't try and box him as he had a much longer range.
    He was naiive and played right into the other fellas hands.

Although it didn't mean a lot in terms of belts and titles it did Fury no favours whatsoever and probably given Usyk even more confidence of beating Fury when (if) they get it on.

If I was Fury's team I'd pull him out of the pre-Christmas scheduled fight (if they haven't already done so) and get Fury fit for spring next year.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    I couldn't understand why Fury didn't try and box him as he had a much longer range.
    He was naiive and played right into the other fellas hands.

Although it didn't mean a lot in terms of belts and titles it did Fury no favours whatsoever and probably given Usyk even more confidence of beating Fury when (if) they get it on.

If I was Fury's team I'd pull him out of the pre-Christmas scheduled fight (if they haven't already done so) and get Fury fit for spring next year.
    The fight wont happen in December. Fury got a cut so that'll be the reason they'll use. It's 8 weeks, not long enough. I reckon March or April. There's no way Fury took this seriously, he was slow, constantly missing with his hooks, and was very wary after the knockdown. He looked shot, and he was blowing out of his arse. Credit to Ngannou though, he looked decent, good footwork, which is always a massive problem for people who come over to boxing from another discipline, and he wasn't buying Fury's feints. Fury needs to sort himself out, I still believe he can beat usyk, but he needs to live better if he is to have any chance. He's been pissing about for too long, and i reckon that the knockdowns by wilder have aged him as a fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The fight wont happen in December. Fury got a cut so that'll be the reason they'll use. It's 8 weeks, not long enough. I reckon March or April. There's no way Fury took this seriously, he was slow, constantly missing with his hooks, and was very wary after the knockdown. He looked shot, and he was blowing out of his arse. Credit to Ngannou though, he looked decent, good footwork, which is always a massive problem for people who come over to boxing from another discipline, and he wasn't buying Fury's feints. Fury needs to sort himself out, I still believe he can beat usyk, but he needs to live better if he is to have any chance. He's been pissing about for too long, and i reckon that the knockdowns by wilder have aged him as a fighter.
    He looked so out of shape, I thought his old man looked better at the weigh-in!

Yes credit to Ngannou, he was decent and took the loss well. FW should look after him.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    He looked so out of shape, I thought his old man looked better at the weigh-in!

Yes credit to Ngannou, he was decent and took the loss well. FW should look after him.
    Yup, went up to 30 stone, depression, anxiety, drinking, drugs, eating shit. It's going to catch up with him, it catches up with all of us, imagine being an elite sportsman! That 3rd Wilder fight took a lot out of him i think, it was brutal.

Do people pay money to watch fat frauds like fury ?

I don't get the adulation of boxers like him , he's taking the piss

Lightweight and Middlewight boxing is entertaining but all this showbiz nonsense is pathetic

I am surprised there isn't mass suicide all over the country waiting for all the daft adverts to end so they can get stuck in

Is Don King still alive ?

Him , Frank Warren etc complete low life's

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yup, went up to 30 stone, depression, anxiety, drinking, drugs, eating shit. It's going to catch up with him, it catches up with all of us, imagine being an elite sportsman! That 3rd Wilder fight took a lot out of him i think, it was brutal.
    Just reminded myself just how brutal that it was.
    Helluva fight, two great warriors.

You could be right about how much that took out of him, I hope he's just out of shape.
    Otherwise he should hang 'em up.