+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bristol City sack Nigel Pearson

Re: Bristol City sack Nigel Pearson

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    He was being sacked regardless of the Cardiff game
    Maybe, but it's nice to think that the 2-0 loss to Cardiff and his idiotic comments swung the decision.

Talk about hitting a very sick man when he is at his lowest point.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    He was being sacked regardless of the Cardiff game
    Probably

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    My Wurzel mate told me this was coming weeks ago. He was an appointment by previous CEO Mark Ashton and owner Steve Lansdown has never been sold on him. Lansdown has also made it clear that he isn't going to pump money into the club any longer and that he favours a Luton approach ie not spending any money. He is strongly rumoured to want to sell the club although the fact that the ground is now owned by a separate company to the club itself is likely to be an obstacle. All in all things don't look too rosy.

You'd have to have a heart of stone not to laugh.
    The 'Bristol Sport' setup that their owner created hasn't gone down too well with the Bristol City fans. They feel that money generated by the football club is being syphoned off to the Bears (rugby) and Flyers (basketball).
    For example, Pat Lam the Bristol Bears' coach is reported to earn 16k a week.

They pocketed a cool 35m from the sale of Alex Scott and Antoine Semenyo, but little has been reinvested back into the team. I know they've had a lot of injuries recently, but they could barely put a bench together for Saturday's game, having to fill it with untried youngsters.

I think they'll go for Nathan Jones. Landsdowne is (has become) a firm believer in the Luton Philosophy of, erm.. not spending money in the hope of achieving success.

They could drop like a stone. A shame really.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    You are on a football message board where this sort of ‘bigotry’ is displayed in some shape or form in literally every thread on every day of the week. I think you’d better get used to it.
    Oh I am. I worked in Bristol for 20 years and came across your equivalent on a daily basis. I'd like to think I'm able to rise above it myself though.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Twelve first team squad members out injured yesterday as well. Seems harsh to me, but they’ve just bumbled along in the sort of position they’re in now throughout Pearson’s time in charge - not good enough for a team that should be in the Champions League now according to Lee Johnson’s grand plan.
    Seems harsh to me, too. I don't think they're a bad side - mid table but probably better with a fully fit squad. Birmingham City all over again it seems..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Seems harsh to me, too. I don't think they're a bad side - mid table but probably better with a fully fit squad. Birmingham City all over again it seems..
    Their fans are absolutely fuming about it, almost to a man. Have a look at their OTIB message board.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    what does an acceptable Bristol city season look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    what does an acceptable Bristol city season look like?
    Losing in the National League play offs

International

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Nigel Pearson has left Bristol City with immediate effect after being relieved of his role as manager.

City Chairman Jon Lansdown said: “This was a difficult decision to make as we recognise and appreciate how much Nigel has done for the club over the past two-and-a-half years on and off the pitch.

“Nigel is highly respected by the staff and players and has been very supportive of the Academy structure and our Women’s team.

“We all wanted Nigel to achieve our ambition to be promoted but, with our recent results, feel that now is the time to make a change to give the club the best possible chance of success.”

First Team Coach Jason Euell and Head of Medical Performance Dave Rennie have also left the club.

Assistant Manager Curtis Fleming will take on the role of interim head coach, supported by Ali Hines and Kalifa Cissé as the club seek a new Head Coach.
    Been on the cards for a while apparently, waiting for the right time.

International

My Wurzel mate told me this was coming weeks ago. He was an appointment by previous CEO Mark Ashton and owner Steve Lansdown has never been sold on him. Lansdown has also made it clear that he isn't going to pump money into the club any longer and that he favours a Luton approach ie not spending any money. He is strongly rumoured to want to sell the club although the fact that the ground is now owned by a separate company to the club itself is likely to be an obstacle. All in all things don't look too rosy.

You'd have to have a heart of stone not to laugh.
    That makes sense

Their fans are absolutely fuming about it, almost to a man. Have a look at their OTIB message board.
    They're not happy are they?

I didn't realise the depth of feeling from the wurzel support towards their owner.

Long may it continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    They're not happy are they?

I didn't realise the depth of feeling from the wurzel support towards their owner.

Long may it continue.
    I think the disenchantment can be traced back to the birth of Bristol Sport. Since then there has been a growing feeling that he is losing interest in the football club in favour of the other branches. It could well be true. I knew Steve well as I worked for him for many years. He came to football as an adult, he was not a lifelong fan in that sense. They've got a bit of cheek bearing in mind the amount of money he has ploughed into the club though. I think he spent going on for £50 million on their ground alone. The Pearson affair has tipped them over the edge.

I think there's probably one or two owners looking at us and thinking "if they can do that under an embargo".

I think the disenchantment can be traced back to the birth of Bristol Sport. Since then there has been a growing feeling that he is losing interest in the football club in favour of the other branches. It could well be true. I knew Steve well as I worked for him for many years. He came to football as an adult, he was not a lifelong fan in that sense. They've got a bit of cheek bearing in mind the amount of money he has ploughed into the club though. I think he spent going on for £50 million on their ground alone. The Pearson affair has tipped them over the edge.
    Fingers crossed he suggests changing their colours to Blue and White and renames them Bristol Grizzley.

Some supporters are just so ungrateful and lack long term vision.

Bristol Sport, I remember reading sbout this. Bristol Rugby Club play at Ashton Gate, what are their crowds like?

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

I

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    I
    Apologies wrong thread

I don’t have any constructive comment to offer about this Pearson chap. Imo came across as rude and a dick

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    I think there's probably one or two owners looking at us and thinking "if they can do that under an embargo".
    Shhhhhhh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    In my weaker moments I do wonder if we have "bent" some rules to recruit like we have and if we haven't then hopefully we will be reluctant to share any perceived success

What is Pearson’s illness that some have mentioned ?

I know he was on crutches, I just thought it was a leg/ankle problem !

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    What is Pearson’s illness that some have mentioned ?

I know he was on crutches, I just thought it was a leg/ankle problem !
    https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...health-8849140

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Fingers crossed he suggests changing their colours to Blue and White and renames them Bristol Grizzley.

Some supporters are just so ungrateful and lack long term vision.

Bristol Sport, I remember reading sbout this. Bristol Rugby Club play at Ashton Gate, what are their crowds like?
    Don't know I'm afraid. Apparently Tinnion is, staying on as DOF. And Rowett is favourite gif the manager's job.

This is another potential distraction from the football side of things
    https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/b...ngmoor-8719721

Subject to a legal challenge since that article.

Don't know I'm afraid. Apparently Tinnion is, staying on as DOF. And Rowett is favourite gif the manager's job.
    Gary Rowett appears to be a pair of safe hands. Not someone to get the pulse going but he done OK st Millwall.

I thought they might go for John Eustace. Whoever it is they need to present the new manager as an upgrade on Pearson to get the fans back on side.