+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "From the river to the sea" chant

Re: "From the river to the sea" chant

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    So mass chanting, viewed as racist by many, and widely viewed as promoting a single Palestinian state is progressive and helps does it?

And yes, mass chanting like that on the streets of Britain is offensive IMO.
    Most people, unlike you, detest repression and this is an outburst of support for people who cannot help themselves; they have the whole military and economic might of the Western world against them. You should maybe question your beliefs and show solidarity for the oppressed rather than being taken in by capitalist inspired lies.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Kay Burley is a prominent TV news anchor who was openly lying in front of millions of viewers and influencing people due to her position

If you can't grip the reality of that then I think you should have a few days off
    She was also talking about some insignificant event that David Lammy went to that no one paid much attention too. All the while people were being killed, but it's Kay Burley you got upset about.

She asked some questions. Mass racist chanting (as perceived by many) is something quite different indeed.

USA is evil now. Am starting to see why you are cool with all this..
    USA has always been evil: have you been hibernating or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Most people, unlike you, detest repression and this is an outburst of support for people who cannot help themselves; they have the whole military and economic might of the Western world against them. You should maybe question your beliefs and show solidarity for the oppressed rather than being taken in by capitalist inspired lies.
    It's hard to believe that people with your naivity exist, but I guess they do.

Is any chant okay in that respect then? What about people who wanted to express support for any other cause? Christians in Egypt for example? Does that mean it's cool to sing anti-muslim songs?

I'm not sure of your logic.

USA has always been evil: have you been hibernating or something?
    Now I know you are a troll.

So mass chanting, viewed as racist by many, and widely viewed as promoting a single Palestinian state is progressive and helps does it?

And yes, mass chanting like that on the streets of Britain is offensive IMO.
    From the river to the sea Palestine will be free.... of apartheid, ethnic cleansing, white Jewish supremacy, imprisonment without trial, murder by armed reactionary settlers, murder by the (misnamed) Israeli Defence Forces, and 75 years of colonial occupation and daily breaches of international law.

But of course 'many' view that anti-racist sentiment as racist and in your opinion it is offensive. Well if people are offended by a chant for freedom and democracy they (and you) deserve to be offended. I would be more impressed if you declared your offence at the mass murder of children, civilians, journalists, medical staff and aid workers.

She was also talking about some insignificant event that David Lammy went to that no one paid much attention too. All the while people were being killed, but it's Kay Burley you got upset about.

She asked some questions. Mass racist chanting (as perceived by many) is something quite different indeed.
    But she's lying and causing friction between communities due to those lies , on national TV

Thousands of people have called for her sacking

She didn't ask any questions ......she made a series of statements that were completely untrue

She did that because she is a stone cold conservative and was trying to discredit the opposition

You can't have news anchors lying at times of conflict and making political calls ?

Don't be utterly ubsurd

People on public demonstrations will occasionally chant stuff

Malcomb Rifkind .....a Scottish tory jew has just said on radio 4 news that public protest is vital and only a few hundred people were involved

If as a jew he's prepared to see things for what they are then that's fair enough as far as I am concerned

Exactly the same principle.
    Perhaps? Although the Likud Party leader is currently putting his words into practice at the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    From the river to the sea Palestine will be free.... of apartheid, ethnic cleansing, white Jewish supremacy, imprisonment without trial, murder by armed reactionary settlers, murder by the (misnamed) Israeli Defence Forces, and 75 years of colonial occupation and daily breaches of international law.

But of course 'many' view that anti-racist sentiment as racist and in your opinion it is offensive. Well if people are offended by a chant for freedom and democracy they (and you) deserve to be offended. I would be more impressed if you declared your offence at the mass murder of children, civilians, journalists, medical staff and aid workers.
    The Anti-Defamation league consider it antisemitic.

https://www.adl.org/resources/backgr...e-will-be-free

It's not necessary is it? Isnt this about peace? Why the rise in hate crimes, the calls of jihad, the songs that are considered antisemitic?

None of it is helpful to the legitimate causes of peace or a long two-state solution is it?

But she's lying and causing friction between communities due to those lies , on national TV

Thousands of people have called for her sacking

She didn't ask any questions ......she made a series of statements that were completely untrue

She did that because she is a stone cold conservative and was trying to discredit the opposition

You can't have news anchors lying at times of conflict and making political calls ?

Don't be utterly ubsurd

People on public demonstrations will occasionally chant stuff

Malcomb Rifkind .....a Scottish tory jew has just said on radio 4 news that public protest is vital and only a few hundred people were involved

If as a jew he's prepared to see things for what they are then that's fair enough as far as I am concerned
    Anti Semitic hate crimes have soared in the UK in the last few weeks, and here you are being okay with chants widely considered to be antisemitic being chanted by many people at rallies.

You are allowed to criticise it you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Perhaps? Although the Likud Party leader is currently putting his words into practice at the minute.
    I believe they support a two-state solution now, no?

I certainly no, which is why I think it's a very poor chant to be hearing which is deeply unhelpful and doesn't help anyone's cause whatsoever.

The Anti-Defamation league consider it antisemitic.

https://www.adl.org/resources/backgr...e-will-be-free

It's not necessary is it? Isnt this about peace? Why the rise in hate crimes, the calls of jihad, the songs that are considered antisemitic?

None of it is helpful to the legitimate causes of peace or a long two-state solution is it?
    This is a conflict

Songs don't kill people wether you dislike them or not

The reason the police didn't get involved is because they were advised they would be on sticky ground

The worst threat to peace and to civil disorder and tit for tat attacks on Jews and Arabs is terrorism and trying to get revenge for these actions by bombing people like sitting ducks in gaza

Write to your mp or Mr sunak

Anti Semitic hate crimes have soared in the UK in the last few weeks, and here you are being okay with chants widely considered to be antisemitic being chanted by many people at rallies.

You are allowed to criticise it you know.
    Rifkind a prominent Conservative jew explains his views that a minority of people chanting should be put in perspective.....

Or you ?

I will keep my counsel

I certainly no, which is why I think it's a very poor chant to be hearing which is deeply unhelpful and doesn't help anyone's cause whatsoever.
    So how often have YOU heard this chant ?

Who was singing it ?

And where ?

This is a conflict

Songs don't kill people wether you dislike them or not

The reason the police didn't get involved is because they were advised they would be on sticky ground

The worst threat to peace and to civil disorder and tit for tat attacks on Jews and Arabs is terrorism and trying to get revenge for these actions by bombing people like sitting ducks in gaza

Write to your mp or Mr sunak
    Songs don't kill people, you are right. So songs widely considered as racist, or certainly suggesting a nation shouldn't exist are therefore okay?

The problem is that words do cause problems. And that's why word matter and there are consequences of things like this. Again, it's stuff like this that undermines the marches, that will be used by Israel to justify violence and more than anything is absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with trying to find peace.

"Stop the war", "Peace", "Pray for Palestine", "Free Palestine" all do that. "from the river to the sea.." does not do that. It inflames things. And you know it too.

So how often have YOU heard this chant ?

Who was singing it ?

And where ?
    There's ample references to it online from the march in London on Saturday, and the same march the week before

There's ample references to it online from the march in London on Saturday, and the same march the week before
    But you didn't witness it ?

You are getting frothy mouthed

100000 on the march , a small minority singing this song that you think was offensive but others don't

I think you are pissing scarlet ribbons

But you didn't witness it ?

You are getting frothy mouthed

100000 on the march , a small minority singing this song that you think was offensive but others don't

I think you are pissing scarlet ribbons
    I wasn't at Gillingham on Saturday either but I still saw a video of that idiot doing monkey impressions (which I guess you are cool with as impressions don't hurt anyone, right?)

Type it into twitter. Theres numerous videos of the chant being sung by many - not all of course, far from all, but that doesn't make it okay and mean you can sweep it under the carpet.

You believe Netanyahu supports a real two state solution? Allowing a Palestinian state with full sovereignty? Netanyahu has had to cosy up to Otzma Yehudit who are a far right wing party should refuse to accept any discussion about two state solutions.

You accuse others of being naive?

I wasn't at Gillingham on Saturday either but I still saw a video of that idiot doing monkey impressions (which I guess you are cool with as impressions don't hurt anyone, right?)

Type it into twitter. Theres numerous videos of the chant being sung by many - not all of course, far from all, but that doesn't make it okay and mean you can sweep it under the carpet.
    What racist impressions of Jewish people did you see or hear about on these marches ?

Can you forward me someone doing racist impressions of Jewish people along the same lines as those done by the Gillingham idiot on Saturday?

When you have done that I will give you my opinion as to its offensiveness

You are complaining that these chants used by a small minority of pro Palestinian protestors ......and quite a few hi jackers and hangers on .....are not doing the peace process any good

I certainly don't think this faux outrage by you on here is contributing to be honest

The main cause of this shitshow is the hamas attack and the bombing going on which will cause far more long term damage and repercussions to both communities

You are sinking like a heavy stone here and I am going to bed

Now I know you are a troll.
    You know nothing: you are a pampered infant.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    You believe Netanyahu supports a real two state solution? Allowing a Palestinian state with full sovereignty? Netanyahu has had to cosy up to Otzma Yehudit who are a far right wing party should refuse to accept any discussion about two state solutions.

You accuse others of being naive?
    Despite your whataboutery Jordi, this thread is about a chant widely considered to be racist at worst or calling for the end of a nation at best that is entirely unconnected to finding a peaceful solution.
    It doesn't help the peace cause one bit.

Why can't you say it isn't on?

What racist impressions of Jewish people did you see or hear about on these marches ?

Can you forward me someone doing racist impressions of Jewish people along the same lines as those done by the Gillingham idiot on Saturday?

When you have done that I will give you my opinion as to its offensiveness

You are complaining that these chants used by a small minority of pro Palestinian protestors ......and quite a few hi jackers and hangers on .....are not doing the peace process any good

I certainly don't think this faux outrage by you on here is contributing to be honest

The main cause of this shitshow is the hamas attack and the bombing going on which will cause far more long term damage and repercussions to both communities

You are sinking like a heavy stone here and I am going to bed
    So racist chants are okay with you is essentially what you are saying, if it is a minority?

You know nothing: you are a pampered infant.
    Good one.

It's hard to believe that people with your naivity exist, but I guess they do.

Is any chant okay in that respect then? What about people who wanted to express support for any other cause? Christians in Egypt for example? Does that mean it's cool to sing anti-muslim songs?

I'm not sure of your logic.
    You're not sure of my logic because you've been brainwashed from birth and people like you who are lucky enough to live in luxury have no moral repulsion against slaughter of the innocents because it doesn't impinge upon your fortunate lives. People like you live in a cocoon. However, nasty little chants from the fuzzy wuzzies imposes fear into your cosy little existence. Don't worry, you can always shut the lights out and forget all about it.