November 1st, 1974

1698960324856.jpg
    Crowd at united

Phew

Re: Championship attendances this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Crowd at united

Phew
    Apart from that, dreadful crowds mostly everywhere, though Bristol Rovers would have been happy with theirs!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Apart from that, dreadful crowds mostly everywhere, though Bristol Rovers would have been happy with theirs!
    I bet that gate was swelled by saints fans , it's not far

Crowd at united

Phew
    Weren’t Man United crowds all glory hunters in the 70s then?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Weren’t Man United crowds all glory hunters in the 70s then?
    United had loads of hangers on after the Munich Air crash

The 1968 European Cup would have also exposed them to the masses

I mean you do know these are the main reasons , long before the fergie years , that United got support all over the country ?

United had loads of hangers on after the Munich Air crash

The 1968 European Cup would have also exposed them to the masses

I mean you do know these are the main reasons , long before the fergie years , that United got support all over the country ?

I don’t spend a fair chunk of my time labelling their support plastics or glory hunters because they don’t support the nearest club to their address.

What you’re now saying is Man United’s support although not all local have stuck by them over a period of 60 years?

You can see how your opinion can be interpreted as confusing?

I don’t spend a fair chunk of my time labelling their support plastics or glory hunters because they don’t support the nearest club to their address.

What you’re now saying is Man United’s support although not all local have stuck by them over a period of 60 years?

You can see how your opinion can be interpreted as confusing?
    I think you are in a squash court will the ball bouncing around

If its settled .....

Glory seekers and people who attach themselves to big clubs will always exist

Even in the seventies coaches of the brain dead would go to old Trafford and anfield with a whole host of reasons , Munich Air crash , my father watched them win the 1968 European Cup on the TV so I do , Liverpool were always winning the league when I was a kid so we all supported them etc etc

United always had a bigger support than Liverpool but its all the same sort of hanging on

These people are ridiculed and rightly so by the vast majority of football fans in the UK on social media you seem to be ok with it that's entirely up to you the people I know who support cardiff ...or Swansea.....think the same

Maybe it's you who are odd

That’s what I was referring to other day, I’m on that lost grounds group on fb too….average champ about 10k, PL about 25/30 then

Google UK cities with most parks , parkland

Anything along those lines

Cardiff is not nor ever has been the city with the most parks or parkland
    For it’s size I think it’s pretty up there? I will do the maths when I have more time….it’s 86 degrees at mo and I’ve stuff to do

I think you are in a squash court will the ball bouncing around

If its settled .....

Glory seekers and people who attach themselves to big clubs will always exist

Even in the seventies coaches of the brain dead would go to old Trafford and anfield with a whole host of reasons , Munich Air crash , my father watched them win the 1968 European Cup on the TV so I do , Liverpool were always winning the league when I was a kid so we all supported them etc etc

United always had a bigger support than Liverpool but its all the same sort of hanging on

These people are ridiculed and rightly so by the vast majority of football fans in the UK on social media you seem to be ok with it that's entirely up to you the people I know who support cardiff ...or Swansea.....think the same

Maybe it's you who are odd

It’s called ‘personal choice’ Sludge. I’ve no idea why it winds you up? Not everyone goes for the local team. I’ve known City supporters from North Wales, the West Country and London. You throw them into the same category?

You should be a Jack by your own admission shouldn’t you but had a City supporting Uncle?

Chill and relax butt. Life’s too short.

It’s called ‘personal choice’ Sludge. I’ve no idea why it winds you up? Not everyone goes for the local team. I’ve known City supporters from North Wales, the West Country and London. You throw them into the same category?

You should be a Jack by your own admission shouldn’t you but had a City supporting Uncle?

Chill and relax butt. Life’s too short.
    I have no interest in anything these sad acts from pontypridd who walk around in Liverpool tops on holiday have to say unless it is .....I have never been to watch Cardiff .....would I be welcome ?

That's the only test

Once they have stepped over that line it's game on

People from London who support Cardiff are either from South Wales or sons of taffy folk who moved there, that sort of thing

The same scenario cannot be said of the tens and thousands of fake scousers in South Wales

I don't want to chat to these sort of people at a party or in the pub about football ? Going on and on about VAR decisions against Liverpool a day after my team have clearly been wronged ?

20 miles from Cardiff and they are talking about the reds ?

Feck em

I will go and talk to the pool table

Glory supporters are a joke. They deserve ridicule

November 1st, 1974

1698960324856.jpg
    Very interesting figures. From a City perspective, that crowd, against attractive opposition near the top of the table is less than half of what they’d have expected four years earlier. The fact that we’d been struggling against relegation for all of the intervening period had a lot to do with that, but it was a tough time economically and attendances were on a decline which was not arrested for about ten years.

In a nod to how times have changed, I can remember still being at home watching Grandstand showing the first pictures of the Rumble in the Jungle between Ali and Foreman at about 2.30 and my old man driving me to the game from Pentrebane to still get in the ground about five minutes from kick off.

I’m more worried that I recognise the name of nigh on every goalscorer, if you gave me last Saturday’s equivalent I’d know NG & Colwill and most probably struggle with the rest

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’m more worried that I recognise the name of nigh on every goalscorer, if you gave me last Saturday’s equivalent I’d know NG & Colwill and most probably struggle with the rest
    I see David Tong scored two, that's probably forty per cent of his career goals in one game

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Same for me. When I was a teenager in the 70s I think I knew every player in all four divisions. Now when teams come to Cardiff I quite often don't know most of the opposition.